Posted November 08, 2014
My child currently attends a private school in Jasper County. He has become very unhappy in his current school and I've begun to worry that he's not getting what he needs. I contacted the principal at Jasper County Middle School and asked that my son be allowed to visit and meet a few teachers there. They agreed and helped make us feel very welcome. I was quite surprised at the condition of such an old building. They had really worked to make it look nice. The people I met were friendly, helpful and very kind to us. My son was taken under their wing for the day and he came home wanting to enroll there. I was pleasantly surprised and very excited. I believe this is a great school based on their willingness to spend time getting us acquainted with the curriculum, schedules and requirements. The principal walked us around and introduced us to several teachers. Just a wonderful experience!

Posted June 22, 2014
Just checked the web site and they already have posted next year's calendar! All the sports games, honor days, and activities are on there. Way to go JCMS!!

Posted January 07, 2014
I have been pleased with the communication from the school to our home. I got two call outs regarding the weather and school closing as well as it being posted on their web page. I appreciated this a great deal.

Posted November 14, 2013
I have to brag on the teachers and administrative staff of JCMS. I was invited to a meeting with the principal, assistant principal, counselor and two teachers to discuss my son's school work. They were able to give me ideas that I could use at home to help him. I was a little afraid to meet with so many people, but once I got there, I was made to feel right at home. They listened to me and answered all the questions I had. It was a good meeting and I left feeling very satisfied. I was glad that they took the time to meet with me.

Posted July 29, 2013
I am extremely satisfied with Jasper County middle school. I have a daughter starting the 8th grade and a daughter starting 6th grade this year. We all love the school system and my 8th grader has expressed several times this summer that she misses school and homework!! (REALLY!!) I love the staff and principal (Mrs. Blizzard). Mrs. Blizzard is very kind and knowledgeable. I love this school system and I look forward to an amazing school year!!!

Posted June 07, 2013
JCMS makes us proud to be in public school in Jasper County! Just saw the test scores and am very pleased with what I saw. I think this Board and the new make up of administrators and teachers is really paying off. Thumbs up Hurricanes!

Posted February 20, 2013
I have been so impressed with JCMS the past two years! The school is truly redefining itself. The staff is focused on providing innovative learning opportunities for the kids and has embraced the use of technology in the classrooms. They've added a class at the end of the day which the students can select from a long list of creative things to do. My child learned math while learning to knit the first nine weeks and science skills digging for artifacts in an archeology class the next. For a school struggling financially, I give the teachers and principal credit for doing more than most with less resources. I'm pleased too with how much nicer it looks inside and out. The system has obviously poured some money into lately and the staff must be thrilled. Not only did the school get an award this year for being a high performing school, the sports teams have rocked! I applaud their efforts and will miss them next year when my child moves into high school. They do an awesome job!

Jasper County Middle School 3

Posted May 22, 2010
I see where several parents are complaining about the conditions at the school, so what are they doing to make conditions better beside complaining. Do your civic duties and get involved in the day to day operations of the school. I guarantee you that the board and school need your help, and not your complaints.

Jasper County Middle School 1

Posted May 05, 2010
This school is in deploriable conditions!!! the teachers are clueless. This is not a title 1 school. The maintenance has issues. The air conditioning doesn't work in most of the buildings. The windows have been busted out for years in the gym. This school is very old and shows all signs of extreme wear! the surveillence system is a joke! and this school has a huge problem with bullying!! the administration is this school is more worried about eating lunch than taking care of issues that should require immediately attention involving students and safety. I sat at this school for 8 hours waiting on administration to help me with a case of bullying against my child!!! no one was in a hurry to resolve the issue! rude rude rude!!

Jasper County Middle School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
improvement under current leadership, enthusiastic staff, happy students, improved achievement each of last 2 years

Jasper County Middle School
1289 College St, Monticello, GA  31064
Last modified Jasper County Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jasper County Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top