Posted November 23, 2012
i'm a student of mcgarrah elemtary.And it is a s place.Thiis school is helpful and fun

Posted August 22, 2012
My son just started here and I feel that they are doing an excellent job thus far. I look forward to being and involved parent throughout this school year and more.

Posted August 05, 2009
My step-son moved in with us in April of Last year and he had some issues at his other school. This school seems to care what his best interests are. They compliment him and give him praise where his other school just shot him down all the time which lowered his self-esteem. This school has been really corporating with us to get his motivation and self-esteem back up. I am very impressed.

Posted June 04, 2009
My daughters goes to this school. They made honor roll A and B and one of top readers in the whole kindegarden class.

William M. Mcgarrah Elementary School 1

Posted August 07, 2008

Posted November 23, 2007
I am a teacher at McGarrah and this is a pretty good school. We have great administrators and an excellent staff. The problems that we have come from the curriculum that we are forced to teach. Teachers are not allowed to be as creative as we were in the past and we have to follow scripts to get the kids to 'learn.' They are just learning to spit back answers on cue. We have a good overall school environment and good people, just give us a chance to prove it to you.

Posted October 04, 2007
My daughter, and I think Mcgarrah is a great school! By far the best in Clayton County.The leadership, and staff have been great. Mrs. Burroughs, Mrs.Griffin,Mr.Iddins,Ms.Yarbrough,Ms.Penczek,and Mrs.Lamb have all been wonderful to myself, and my child. Mcgarrah is a great school!

Posted October 03, 2007
I have three children attending and I believe the teachers are hard working and care very much. There is very little parent involvement it is the same ones every year putting in time and money. Sadly many students do not measure up on standardized tests and this takes a lot of time to bring them to speed. Parents do not take responsibility for their children's behavior problems. McGarrah is by far the best in the county, the county as a whole is a problem. There are too many fund raisers for other causes besides the kids. Mrs. Burroughs is fair, many teachers go above and beyond.

Posted January 31, 2006
I am a very proud parent of 2 students at McGarrah Elementary. I have great confidence in the staff. As far as these comments are concerned....You can't please everyone. It's usally the parents who are not involved that think everything the school does is wrong! Stay involved!

Posted August 08, 2005

William M. Mcgarrah Elementary School
2201 Lake Harbin Rd, Morrow, GA  30260
Last modified William M. Mcgarrah Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William M. Mcgarrah Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top