Ungraded
Public charter
Morrow, GA

Posted April 18, 2014
Elite Scholars Academy focus is their students. The students have enthusiasm to learn and the teachers are great with motivate them and being available to assist the students when needed. I am so proud to be apart of the Elite Scholars family.

Posted April 15, 2014
The environment at Elite is set up for students to win in every area. The students have enthusiasm to learn and the teachers have great ability to motivate them which results in great excellence. I wanted to take the time to tell everyone I deeply appreciate Elite Scholars leadership charitable contributions of time, energy, and talent to such a worthy cause -our future leaders.

Posted October 16, 2013
I am a student at Elite Scholars Academy and I love it. Nothing is perfect, but Elite genuinely makes an effort to provide the best for its students.Many activities are planned that include the Elite family and also the community. I had the privilege to help sponsor and host a blood drive at Elite Scholars Academy. It was very successful and I saw the importance of giving back to the community and being a help for others . Unfortunately, we are often held back by the lack of funds that our school has. Despite our financial situation, Elite still does its best to provide the best for their students. The administration is never hesitant whenever there is a need for an incentive or activities to encourage students. The teachers are honestly amazing. Even though they only get paid for the number of hours they come in , they are always available before and after school. Many teachers have become mothers and fathers to the students because they genuinely care about the well being of the child. Their are times where the teachers yell, laugh, or cry which develops a deep bond among students. Whether Elite receives the money or not they truly deserve to be a GreatSchool.:)

Posted October 15, 2013
ESA teachers and leadership offer great support to students and parents. Teachers are available after school for tutoring. The school keeps parents informed through regular calling posts. Teachers communicate via email and telephone. The counselor is responsive and engaged.

Posted October 15, 2013
Elite Scholars Academy of Morrow Georgia was recently named the 2012 Georgia School of Excellence because of it's exceptional leadership and teaching staff and tremendous parental involvement. My granddaughter is a 6th grader who truly enjoys attending school each day. Was recently on a break and remarked that she was happy to be back in school. To me, that speaks volumes to the excellence of teaching our children at this school. As a grandparent, I'm thrilled that my grandchild is receiving the excellent and quality education that she needs to attain her goal of becoming a veterinarian. Thank you Dr. Shonda Shaw, Mr. Samuel West, teachers and staff at Elite Scholars Academy and God Bless. Mrs. Millicent Rodriques

Posted July 25, 2013
What you should know about Elite Scholars is it uses rigor, relevance, relationship, and results. The curriculum is challenging, the typical format is seatwork, homework, test, and projects. Grading is based on rubrics which teachers share with the students. There are no surprises. They have a creed which the students recite daily. Many of the students are extremely respectful and they have that certainty look in their eyes. One way which the school could improve is to key in on citizenship. There are issues with respecting one another's personal space as well as personal belongings. Some of that is maturity, yet knowing right from wrong is as important as academics. The sports programs are growing, they have Tennis, Track, Basketball and some very talented Swimmers. The teachers and administrators truly embrace their place in these student's lives. The 6th grade teachers are outstanding! This model should be repeated elsewhere in the county.

Posted October 09, 2012
I am a student from Elite Scholars Academy. The schools educational system is outstanding, i usually here most parents comparing us to college curriculum. But this great school have also have a weakness, low on funds. There's many evidence supporting my claim, we burrow and shared a building with past schools, we couldn't afford additional sports equipment, and the building condition is unsuitable for a learning enviornment. Donations and /or Sponsors are greatly appreciated!

Posted May 23, 2012
I'm a student of Elite and attending has it's advantages and disavantages. Here are the good points. It's a wonderful place to get a good education. The teachers are exceptional!!! They are willing to come in before and stay after school to help any student that may need extra help. It's a year round school and after my first year I got use to it. My main concern is the old facility we are currently in. The janitors seem like they do a good job at cleaning, but when the students enter the building, we often see "roaches" in the building. THIS IS UNSATISFACTORY TO ME! Overall, I give the administration a "B" score and I hope soon that we will be in our brand new school building.

Elite Scholars Academy 2

Posted April 19, 2012
And review posted on Sept. 4, 2011 by a student. I'm 70% that comment is fake. As of the 2011-2012 year, we only have latin and spanish. we only have grades 6 to 10 and we are working our way up to 12, my class will be the first graduation glass in 2014. This school is good for clayton county, but overall, we're a school that need so much work.

Elite Scholars Academy 3

Posted March 03, 2012
My daughter attended Elite for one year, and unfortunately there wasn't ANYTHING elite about it. Too often, teachers focused on test preparation instead of critical thinking, the students weren't disciplined, and there was a lack of diversity. In comparison to the average Clayton County school, they are one of the better schools, but that's not saying much. They still have a lot of growing to do.

Elite Scholars Academy
5968 Maddox rd, Morrow, GA  30236
Last modified Elite Scholars Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elite Scholars Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top