Bad
Good

I am shocked by the other reviewers! I gave two stars because the teachers are great! The adminstration is awful, they don't check ID's when kids are picked up, they don't send home material the community hands out in time ie; sporting events, rec flyers...The principal doesn't have any idea what he is doing, when I registered my oldest son there a few years ago, I requested on conference, after many phone calls and walk in attempts I gave up, 6 months later he called me and when I asked why it took so long he stated..."I didn't know I had to dial 912 (phone prefix) before calling your cell." But what really gets me, the actual building. I believe it was the first school in the county...EVER! Its so old and out dated, Its as though they open a school house, then when it got a lil bigger they added on a hall, then another and another. Gym is in another building, the cafeteria is in another building, each grade has its own building, maybe it was military facitilies before it was a school, that would explain why it didnt have AC in it when we first moved here 5 yrs ago, only those ex large industrial window fans. Our kids, and the great teachers there deserve better!!

I have one child leaving and one child entering this school and I have to say that I am very happy with the education that my boys are receiving here. The staff is very attentive to the children and their needs both academically and emotionally. There is encouragement in every classroom. Class sizes are small so problems are noticed early and special attention is given before they get out of control. We Love Nahunta Elementary!!!

Last modified Nahunta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.