Norcross, GA
Students enrolled: 3,272

Norcross High School 2

Posted August 02, 2014
I have attended Norcross High for the past two years and honestly this school is nothing how it used to be. All of the adminstrators are rude and dont even listen to the students .Futhermore the teachers are trash and dont care about the students . i have recently moved schools and now i will be attending Duluth High where things are a lot different and honestly im happy i left.

Norcross High School 1

Posted January 24, 2014
First, I would like to state that I am a student who attends Norcross. I am graduating this year with a 3.5 GPA and I'm also accepted to UGA. Almost all of these ratings refer to the IB and AP programs at Norcross, however they do not speak of the other academics. It is a terrible school from my point of view. The majority of students are very uneducated to be honest. There are constantly fights in the hall ways, gym or any other area of the school. My freshman class was nearly double my graduating class (little of 40% dropout). It's impossible to be in elective you would actually like. The counseling office is a joke, it is nearly impossible to get any schedule changes. Out of my 4 years here I can also say I have only had 3 or 4 good teachers out of roughly 28 that I have had. If you have the opportunity to send your kid anywhere else in the Alpharetta/Johns Creek area I would strongly recommend it. They may not have the "high AP and IB" scores but your child will receive a better education.

Posted April 20, 2013
Caters to the children! Awesome school! Students walk in the school with a smile! My son attends this school and he loves it! The teachers are so caring and I believe the students are spoiled. The academics are also great (World School) and my son is an honor student. If you are a good parent and you stay connected with the teachers/school - this school may work for you.

Posted October 28, 2012
Great experiences with all three of my children. All were not on the AP/IB track, but have received all of the devoted attention from their teachers and administrators that we could ask for. Facilities are terrific and improving even more, thanks to the Foundation. Don't think that being a Title 1 school is a bad thing, when the money is invested as wisely as these administrators have used their resources. Crowding and class size could use some help, but then everyone wants to be a Blue Devil!

Posted June 15, 2012
Another great Gwinnett County School! This school has the best teachers and administrators ever! It has everything a student needs to succeed. Diversity, clubs, sports, band and much, much more!

Posted October 19, 2011
Norcross is one of the greatest HS in Georgia. Great administration, great teachers and a great student body not to mention its supported by a great community!!! Go Blue Devils!

Posted July 19, 2010
I have 4 children that have all gone thru the system, from Simpson Elementary, Pickneyville Middle, and Norcross High. I can say the quality of education they received has been fantastic. Each in their own were challenged by the classes, teachers, and the work. All received help from the teachers when needed, and I might add when requested. The staff at these schools are there, working hard for the students to make sure they are successful not only in the classroom but in the world. Administration takes Education very seriously and it shows in the feel you get when you enter the Schools. The programs offered are state of the art along with current technology. Let us not forget, we as parents must also, help educate our children in order for them to be successful in life. We as parents, must support the schools and volunteer when they need assistance.

Norcross High School 1

Posted May 11, 2010
I have been going to this school for almost a year. They are always boosting about how good of a school they are when in fact it's only the Honors and other higher classes. The CP Classes are trash, There Nothing compared to my old high school where there CP classes are at the same level or higher than the Honor Classes here. I'm passing all my classes with A's without putting any effort . I hope the Honors classes will be better as all my CP class teachers think am some genius and recommended me to Honors. Also I didn't like that the consoler didn't let me take the classes I wanted they force me in electives that I wasn't interested in. Also 6 class schedule is ridiculous they should switch to a block schedule of 4 classes so you get to take more classes in a year.

Posted September 16, 2009
The teaching staff is simply awesome to work with.

Norcross High School 0

Posted August 20, 2009
Amazing to read such a negative review. My son graduated in 2005 and my niece is currently in the tenth grade at NHS and loves it. Last year at a basketball game I ran into my son's senior year math teacher who told me that seven NEW kids had just been placed in his class...all from the $15K a year private school across the street, a result of the bad economy. He shared that none of these transferring kids were up to speed in math and really had to play catch up. We did not expect teachers or counselors to do parenting of our kids...we did that ourselves. When we were involved with NHS, the counseling was great, and I never had a problem getting an appointment. My brother and sister in law don't have any complaints, and they could afford private school!

Norcross High School
5300 Spalding Dr, Norcross, GA  30092
Last modified Norcross High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norcross High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top