Bad
Good

My 7th grader and my current 5th grader have attended Stripling, and I have to say they have had some outstanding teachers, that cared about them in and outside of the classroom. Dr. Bryson is an exception to the rule as an educator. She had my 5th grader reading a 7th grade level book (Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry), and that's exactly what he did at the end of the story, not because it was sad, but because he didn't want the story to end. All of her students, colleagues and parents love her teaching style. I know, because my son tells me everyday (literally) how much he loves Dr. Bryson. She truly inspires those around her, and often times; teachers who invest in low-income schools get overlooked, but she is a rare diamond that will be missed next year as my son heads to 6th grade.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Schools with low rankings don't get credit a lot of times for their hard working teachers, who put in a lot of time to ensure that their students progress in their learning.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is used to help students review what they have learned on a continuous basis.

Develops character: Agree

This school encourages students to be honest and caring through their collaborative efforts with not only in-house school personnel, but bus driver's and cafeteria staff are apart of the school wide reward system that fosters good choices.

I have mixed reviews my 2nd grader has an iep and has improved greatly. My 4th grader delt with bulling the Assistant principal is bias. They never called the day of an incident but wait days afte the event.

My son attended 4th and 5th grade at Stripling Elementary School. I was very pleased with the level of education he received there. His teachers and I kept in frequent contact to ensure that my son stayed on track academically. They were a constant source of encouragement and often praised my son for his school work and behavior. The faculty and staff were always friendly, warm, and helpful. I was especially impressed with the parent resource director, who provided me with a wealth of support and materials to use with my son at home. Principle McHamm implemented an ambitious agenda for the school, meeting regularly with parents to discuss issues such as school improvement, literacy, and community involvement. She was one of the most highly involved administrators I had ever seen. The PTA, parent resource center, and other auxiliaries within the school hosted many fun events for the students and their families. Stripling also has a very diverse student population. The children seemed to accept and even celebrate their differences. This was good for my son, who is African American and Japanese. Stripling Elementary is a fine school full of wonderful, caring, and dedicated people.

I attended the school's Open House recently and I was impressed to see the enrichment programs that Stripling provides . Mr. Hochbaum and Mr. Bushman are amazing Gifted teachers, who make me proud to be a parent at this school. I think the leadership at this school continues to be the best in Norcross.

This is the worst school I have ever seen. My son and I moved here from out of state and the difference in curriculum compared to what he was taught at his previous school is out dated and non-challenging. The school continues to cut students off at the knees who are ahead of others, so as to teach them all at the same level which is wrong on so many levels. The school is not diverse at all, with the majority of the student body being of Hispanic origin and only handful being African American, Caucasian, etc. The bullying that my child has endured for the past few months is only continues to get worse and the staff is not friendly but instead quite hostel when you try to get them to acknowledge the problems with their "system". Everything that is done at this school is disorganized and not geared toward helping the children to grow. My son is so unhappy with this school and doesn't even want to go to school anymore. He will not be attending this school next year, and I encourage other parents to think twice before enrolling their children into this school.

I completely disagree with your comment. My son loves this school and he has had wonderful teachers! He has attended this school since 2nd grade, now in 5th and our experience with the teachers & the administration has been wonderful. If I've had an issue, it was addressed immediately. Like anything, you get what you give. If you attend curriculum nights, Parent Center workshops and PTA meetings (which are offered in the evening & during school hours to accomodate most parent's schedules-the testing workshop was last night as a matter of fact) you will know that many resources are available after school, before school & weekends. If you communicate with your child's teacher they will make you aware of this. The Parent Center has great FREE resources & a wonderful, helpful staff (Ms. Sanchez). Ms. McHam is great, I've never had a problem with her. She has always been very accomodating and accessable. My only problem with Stripling is the lack of parent involement! If you are angry enough to write a bad review on a website regarding your displeasure with the school then you should also attend a PTA or Parent Center meeting where your imput can really make a difference.

I must disagree that stripling provides enrichment and accelerated programs. Compared to Marietta city schools this school has nothing to offer, prior schools had before school, after school, during school and Saturday school help. This not he case at all and the principal Ms. Mcham is horrible and involved or intouch with the students at all. I had a meeting with her my son counselor and teacher, she cried to show concern and I saw her a week later and she asked, who's parent are you again. Now that was very insulting, which you meet with a week ago and cried and cant remember who your student was. So unreal just very fake.

Last modified Susan Stripling Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.