Norcross, GA

Posted August 21, 2014
I agree with the parent who wrote that "Wesleyan puts its 'Christian' image and board members above their own students." No? Let's be honest. School leaders and board members don't care what parents have to say. The only thing they want to hear from parents is praises. There are many caring teachers, but few of them have academic credentials. The school has been heading in the wrong direction for a long time. For those parents who think Wesleyan is an amazing place, where do your children go to college?

Posted August 20, 2014
We have been blown away by this school. Highly recommend. People are warm and friendly. We are so happy to be here!!

Posted August 16, 2014
While the campus is truly beautiful, it is nothing with the students and teachers that give it life. The teachers are of the best quality-- it seems that everyone truly enjoys his or her subject and wants to give a student the same enthusiasm. At Wesleyan, your teachers are your friends, and there is warm and comforting sense of community. Make no mistake: an average student at Wesleyan is busy and will probably spend most hours of the day on campus, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Posted August 08, 2014
Wesleyan puts its "Christian" image and board members above their own students. This supposedly "Christian" school attempts to maintain its pristine facade by covering up scandals ( such as the most recent one) by using the children impacted in the situation as, and I quote, "fallout in the situation."

Posted June 06, 2014
We have several children who graduated from Wesleyan, and our youngest is still attending. Our children were well prepared for college and beyond. They are well rounded and benefitted greatly from the Christian mission which guides teachers, administration and students. Wesleyan is challenging academically and students are supported and encouraged to learn. It is a special community and we would not want our children anywhere else.

Posted January 05, 2014
We had multiple kids here. "Christian School" is a facade. Reality: a vehicle for a group of parents who want their mediocre privileged kids to pass through school to a Southern College, untouched by the reality of who they really are. Diversity is encouraged in order to obtain grants, but is not embraced. Not academically challenging, not enough AP courses, inexperienced teachers and approximately 90% of kids are tutored. A young tutor in the area is earning a fortune from Wesleyan kids. Special rights and privileges are bestowed on the kids of Board members, Faculty , Headmasters "friends and inner circle", and scholarship kids. If you fall in the above categories, then this is the school for you, even if your kid has questionable talents, they will be put on a team, in a play etc. We donated 4 year scholarships and numerous other donations, but because we did not belong to the hierachy, when we asked them to deal with a bullying issue, they circled the wagons. There is denial about bullying and after 7 yrs of drinking the Koolaid, we were rudely awakened. Our intent had been to graduate all our kids from there. Due to unchristian behaviour we moved them and couldn't be happier.

Posted January 04, 2014
Best school in Atlanta without a doubt. As an alumni who is currently studying for a Master's degree, no where has better prepared me for the real world than the people I encountered at Wesleyan.

Wesleyan School 4

Posted July 10, 2013
I have a daughter who graduated from Wesleyan and two other children who attend. They all went to public schools before transferring in. The big differences between the public school experience and Wesleyan are 1.) the teacher involvement. I asked a single teacher for a conference and all of the teachers were assembled (my daughter was required to attend as well) and each presented their perspective on how my child was performing and how she could improve. My daughter was also afforded the opportunity to speak to her concerns and all the feedback was accepted graciously. 2.) High School vs. College Prep School. Wesleyan is a Prep school not a High School. They not only teach the students the content, they teach in a way that prepares them for college. My oldest has told me repeatedly how easy she finds the college curriculum relative to her Wesleyan experience. The only downside of Wesleyan is that they have not done a sufficient job marketing the education quality to top tier colleges. I would like to see more students applying to and being accepted to Ivy schools as well as schools like Vanderbilt, Duke, UVA etc. Overall though I would highly recommend it.

Posted June 12, 2013
Save your money. Fund your child's college education instead. You will not get what you paid for at Wesleyan School.

Wesleyan School 4

Posted May 18, 2013
Calling all Wesleyan School graduates in recent years... Please tell us: 1. Did you find your Wesleyan education beneficial in preparing you for college? 2. What areas (both academic and non-academic) has Wesleyan done well in preparing you for college? 3. What areas (both academic and non-academic) hasn t Wesleyan done well in preparing you for college? Your opinions are most helpful to parents who are deciding about Wesleyan School as well as for the future improvement of our school.

Wesleyan School