6-11 & Ungraded
Public charter
Norcross, GA
After care: No

Posted October 24, 2014
Great school! Your child will be challenged and will learn a lot. Great in preparing for college.

Posted October 20, 2014
Ivy Prep for girls is a curriculum focused education. Without the distractions of boys and clothes, the girls are able to spend time planning the futures that they want for themselves. I would like to have more one-on-one time with the administration to focus on what is the best course of study for my child; and, I plan to request an appointment to do this because Ivy is there for me and my daughter. The school could improve with more students, especially at the high school level, this seems to be when the girls want to leave Ivy to go to a school with boys. The teachers at Ivy have enriched my daughter's life and taught her to plan and work for the future that she wants.

Ivy Preparatory Academy 2

Posted October 18, 2014
Though parents absolutely love this school, they have yet to witness the nine hours school scheduele in the school in their childs eyes. I was once a student there, and transferred to a better school: McConnell MS. I had been in advance classes all my life and after spending a year at IPA I was taken out of the program (everything there is regular ed). The students are quite rude and pay no attention to the school. This could be quite distracting and the teachers have no idea how to handle it. The cafeteria food is disgusting as well. Once, the cafe ordered (yes, because we can't afford a real kitchen where we can cook) some spaghetti and the whole school was sick. Many students complained it was the greenish cheese that was ontop of the spaghetti. Though IPA is very good at giving you the convincing "we strive for excellence" talk at every parent meeting, the children's behavior, staff's lack of motivation does not prove that statement at all.

Posted October 17, 2014
I am very impressed with ivy prep gwinnett. They have a variety of resources available to the parent and child. They set your child up for success from day one. They all have the same goal and together with patent and teacher and faculty(village)your child will be equipped with the tools to succeed far beyond high school and college!

Ivy Preparatory Academy 1

Posted August 03, 2014
My child started at Ivy Prep in the fall of 2011. It started off as a very stable environment for her. As time went on, I wasn't so sure. I started to become more involved with the school, and I'm telling you: Ivy Prep is not what it seems if you're on the outside looking in. There are tons of distractions such as students with IEPs, constant interruptions, and under qualified teachers. If you value your daughters education, send her elsewhere. Do not fall under Ivy Prep's facade. I also noticed a lot of incidents of nepotism and favoritism throughout our journey. The administration are false, the teachers are false, and the school itself is false. Ivy Prep is a NO!

Ivy Preparatory Academy 4

Posted July 15, 2014
I truly believe that what you as a parent invest in your child's education, you get back! My daughter attends Ivy Prep Academy, and had a great year academically and socially. Given the financial resources, made available to the school, I feel that Ivy Prep has done a good job at helping to educate my daughter. The curriculum for the most part is more hands on, which works well for my child. There were a number of opportunities for cultural and academic field trips. I can see areas that need improvement, i.e. parental involvement (come to meetings and give useful feedback and help out), and the need for an incentive program to retain good, quality teachers. Parents, invest in your children's education, with time and effort, and stop expecting the schools to do all of the work!

Ivy Preparatory Academy 1

Posted June 15, 2014
I think in the beginning they had the best intention to create a school with an outstanding learning environment but due to the ongoing battle with the school board, Ivy Prep was NEVER able to offer a strong curriculum. The main problem with this "charter" is that they make parents believe they have a "college preparatory" curriculum and all their classes are extremely rigorous but trust me, that's not the case. Just because they can get high scores on the CRCT that does not mean it is a solid school. In fact, mine is going to high school & we learned she is 2 years behind in math. She is a straight A student and scores above average in the CRCT! I had a very long chat with the school counselor from my scholar's new high school and she tells me that Ivy Girls have a rough time and usually underperform (especially in math). My scholar is now taking summer classes to catch up! Don't let this be you for the love of God! Don't be fooled by this scam! I feel sorry for all the Ivy Girls that are doing high school, they have no clue... All that glitters is NOT gold....

Posted March 23, 2014
I'd like to say there isn't a perfect school for 100 percent of the attending students. You can't expect the school that your child attends to correct ALL problems. That's where you as a parent come in. Middle school is the most difficult time for young girls. If you are expecting Ivy Prep to parent your child and the teachers at Ivy to become your child hero, I think you may want to reevaluate yourself as a parent. You should be your child's hero. Ivy is not drama free.. The world isn't either.. nor is GC public schools. Let's make realistic expectations of Ivy Prep. I know I am.. I just received my daughter's acceptance on Friday, and my daughter is excited. She's never had any behavior problems nor academic issues, and I don't expect that to change at Ivy Prep. Yes I've heard the horror stories about bullying, drama, etc... but that exist at all schools...ie; Woodward Academy. .SACA..Atlanta International etc.. Be a part of a solution not a contributor to the problem.

Posted March 10, 2014
great school.especially the 8th grade science teacher, Ms.Clarke. she does teach at a very fast pace and is a great teacher.i used to go to ivy prep but i had to leave because it was too far away from home. i was an 8th grade student and she was my favorite teacher. R.A

Ivy Preparatory Academy 4

Posted March 03, 2014
Ivy Preparatory Academy has been an amazing place for me to grow as an educator. We are truly focused on our mission. Our Mission is more than just a placard placed on our walls. It is engrained in everything that we do. We are a school that provides a very structured environment for adolescent girls to thrive. I have enjoyed working here and watching the scholars grow into young women who are ready for anything.

Ivy Preparatory Academy
3705 engineering drive , Norcross, GA  30092
Last modified Ivy Preparatory Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ivy Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top