Bad
Good

Posted September 04, 2014
I really liked this school, I got a lot of help in 5th grade last year and I feel good about the way I did. The teachers were a big help.

Posted August 02, 2006
I think that it is a great school. My son learned so much last year and this year I have two children that will be attending and they are so excited.

Posted March 28, 2006
Oakwood is a wondeful school! The teachers and staff care about the students and want them to excel. I have had teachers contact me via E-mail and telephone about concerns with my child. We could use more parent involvement, the PTO does a great job but there is so much more that parents can do. Children do better and go farther in school when their parents are involved. The principal know each student personally and has her finger on what is going on in the school. We have a creative full time art teacher and full time music teacher and a drama club (that the teachers are not paid for). I know teachers that stay after school and help children and their parents when needed. More parent involvement and working with the teachers and staff is the key!

Posted May 23, 2005
I think Oakwood is one of the best schools in the state. Look at the test scores! That doesn't exactly reflect the staff's attitude of 'fail first then get help.' Also, correct grammer begins at home. It should be written 'children do well' and 'program is run.' Maybe YOU are failing you child and not the school.

Oakwood Elementary School 2

Posted February 15, 2005
Oakwood has let me and my child down this year. My son attended first and second with great teachers and the skills he needed to progress. This year the teachers concern for each and every student is not found. Students who need help dont get it when they need it because they scored high on previous test. I guess Oakwood's teaching staff wants you to fail first then get help. I think Oakwood could do a better job with diversity in it staff so all children of every race can relate. My advice to the principal and the Hall Co. Board of Education is if you are truly concerned about helping all children do good, change the way your program is ran. ASAP!

Oakwood Elementary School 2

Posted May 23, 2004
This schools lacks initiative. Students are presented information but mastering skills seems to be of little importance. We have not seen creative teaching strategies. School-to-home information is slack. Behavior management and supervision of students is lacking. Website is not up-to-date.

Oakwood Elementary School
4500 Allen St, Oakwood, GA  30566
Last modified Oakwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.