Peachtree City, GA

Posted January 16, 2015
Good test ratings are not everything. My daughter attended Peachtree City Elementary this year and I completely agree with other posts regarding an overall elitist attitude in this school. I was unable to attend the parent/teacher orientation as I am a single mom and had work and school myself that day. I was given dirty looks and a harsh attitude when we showed up on the first day without a nap mat (which I immediately purchased from the front office) and I assume it was because of this that the teacher did not even look my direction when I introduced myself to her on the first day ( and every other day after ). My daughter never had a problem with the teachers in the room but the attitude they gave off was disappointing at best. As far as the principal goes - she called me personally with a very rude and demeaning attitude to debate why I chose not to vaccinate my daughter. This was after I had turned in all necessary paperwork for vaccine exemption attendance to my knowledge. She told me this was the first time she had ever dealt with a child who had not been vaccinated and gave me the run around on needing additional forms. My daughter changed schools shortly after.

Posted December 08, 2014
I've been a PTC mom for 5 years. My youngest has 1 +year left. My kids have done well, but I admit I was nodding my head as I read some recent negative posts. I worry my kids will learn the attitude of one recent positive poster, to "consider the source," as if it is perfectly ok to dismiss arguments if the person making the argument perhaps doesn't participate enough, or has another perceived flaw. I have mom friends who love the school with enthusiasm. I am grateful that my kids have received a great academic education, but I worry about the elitist attitude displayed in some of the recent defensive, dismissive posts.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 07, 2014
Peachtree City Elementary is the best school in Fayette County. The nurturing, home like atmosphere starts at the front door with the wonderful administration and office staff. They are friendly to me every time I am there. I am not sure about the former person who posted that the principal only talks to well dressed people...totally untrue. She's always very kind to me and I do not wear anything fancy. The teachers work very hard and our put the kids first. One person mentioned fundraisers....the number each school has is set by the board of education. The statement that pces has them every week is ridiculous and inaccurate. If you don't want to participate in the fundraiser, don't. I don't participate in some and it has never been an issue. I can't say enough about the dedicated professionals at Peachtree City Elementary. I just wish it went through 12th grade. We don't want to leave!

Posted December 06, 2014
I am new to the school and just finished running the annual 5k Jingle Bell Trail Race. It was fantastic and just one example of the level of excellence this school displays. I spoke with staff and they had 58 sponsors, received over $10,000 in sponsorships, had about 850 runners, and is the largest school community race in the county. From the day to day stuff- the entire staff is respected and involved. I have never heard one negative thing about PCES. I also have nothing but positive things to say. My 3 children are happy and every one of their teachers is top notch. If you ever read anything negative, consider the source- it is probably from an uninvolved, self-centered parent. You know the kind- every school has them.

Posted December 05, 2014
Hard to pick 1 thing to describe my disappointment. I only have 1200 characters, so I will pick fundraisers.They happen every week, each one is set up to penalize those who don't participate. I've seen fundraisers that are team building and fun. Here the only fundraisers I've seen (did I mention they have a new one EVERY week) are the GOTCHA type -that attitude is everywhere. Fundraisers alone would be insignificant, but it as a concrete way to describe an ever-pervasive attitude among every staff member I've dealt with. An example is the box tops. As a parent, you need to buy processed food from GM, cut out the box tops and send them with your child. If you don't participate, your kid will sit and watch as popcorn is passed out to all the kids whose mommies did participate. All the weekly fundraisers are set up like this. All of them will publically make a kid whose parents don't participate feel excluded. Has no one thought of having fundraising teams. the winning team gets first choice among prizes. I've not seen a single effort to encourage togetherness. It's a terrible environment, and fundraisers is only a rather insignificant example of a very signicant problem.
5 people found this helpful

Posted May 25, 2010
This was my child's first year in public school, having been in a Montessori environment through 3rd grade. Everyone made him feel welcome and part of the group. The staff is extremely caring and attentive. They really know how to run a school efficiently and effectively to make the whole school experience really fun. My son has really enjoyed himself. The big negative in my mind about this school, however, is the junky food being served in the cafeteria, including the ice cream freezer and the slush puppy machine. If they would get rid of that, things would be great! Overall, I'm happy, though.

Peachtree City Elementary School 0

Posted October 08, 2009
The school has a family atmosphere where children are treated with love and respect. They offer different kinds of after school activities that children enjoy participating, like chorus and other clubs.

Posted September 04, 2009

Posted February 22, 2009
PTC Elementary couldn't have been a better choice for my children. All the staff and teachers are very caring. My 1st grader is reading at a nearly 4th grade reading level. I love going to the school and seeing all the kids so happy in hallways. It is truly like an extension of your home. My kids love going to school and never want to miss a day.

Posted July 14, 2008
PTC Elementary is a wonderful school. It may not be the newest and best in the city, however it is not the building that makes the school. The Teachers, Staff and Parents work together to provide students with quality education. Parent involement is key to your childs success. The doors are open to the entire building for volunteers, whether you have an hour or muliple hours each week. You will not find a more loving or caring group of Teachers anywhere.

Peachtree City Elementary School
201 Wisdom Rd, Peachtree City, GA  30269
Last modified Peachtree City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peachtree City Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top