Kedron Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 551 students

Posted May 23, 2014

I like the parental involvement and have really liked my childrens teachers. With that being said, there seems to have been a change in overall attitude (not for the good) when the change of principals occurred. I am not very impressed by the current administration and their abilities. A title before your name (Dr.) does not make you good at your job. I am glad that my child has finished her last day there today. It is sad to see such a great school with such a positive culture be ruined by the current administration.Many, many other parents agree,just ask them. PTO is absolutely wonderful at Kedron!

Posted March 19, 2014

Kedron is a great school if you only consider test scores. That's the mistake that I made when moving to this school district for that reason alone. I have since learned that there is so much more to an educational institution than their ability to score high on standardized tests. If your child is not a straight A student, they will get lost here. The teachers show no compassion at all (my child (has been there 4 years). No such plan to improve my child's performance. No positive communication to the parents regarding your child's progress. The choice card system is a joke. My child received a choice card mark for yawning, forgetting to bring scissors and not having a pencil...really??? I will be leaving this school after this year because the teachers show no real concern for my child as a whole, in my opinion. I get so much support from the after school program director and the tutor that we have...but NONE from the teachers at Kedron. I am very involved in my child's education and am not one of those parents to expect the teacher to do it all, but I DO expect to be met halfway by the teachers. Not going to happen at Kedron.

Posted August 17, 2012

I would have to agree with the previous post. While there are some wonderful teachers and the PTO is very active, the administration is completely inept. They really do not have the children's best interest at heart. The music teacher is a joke, the kids watch cartoons frequently in the class. The vice-principal is uncaring and spiteful...I honestly think she doesn't even like children.

Posted August 17, 2012

Some of the teachers are not very caring especially for children that don't perform for their expectations! We were not impressed with last year principal. There is new proncipal this year so we will see how will be this year. My oldest son graduated from Peachtree city Elementary and we were much pleased with that school.The music teacher needs to go as my kids are also scaired to go to music class as apparently she screams at them too much.

Posted May 14, 2012

Not a great school at all. Very unethical. I agree with the previous parent the Principal and Vice Principal are not friendly at all. You have to be extremely involved in the decsion making process regarding your child or anything goes with this school. All children are not treated fairly. This school decided to test my child although I firmly asked them not to and then cover it up. I have had to hire outside help to prove my findings of the school not implementing what is needed to ensure that my child is successful in the regular classroom setting. I am extremely dissapointed in this school system. A great deal of parents here have to put there children in Kumon just to get the basics that should be taught in school.

Posted March 5, 2012

Kedron does not have a kind, homey feel at all. The test scores are high and it feels like the teachers that we have are just "doing their job". The enrichment teacher is amazing but I doubt that the regular classroom teachers have a clue as to what my kids are interested in personally. My kids love music but dread the day that they go to music class. This teacher needs to be replaced. Kedron does not have a nurturing environment and the assistant principal is just plain mean. Not my favorite place to send my kids to school each day. Quite disappointed.

Posted February 20, 2012

There is great parent invovement at Kedron and that is key to your child's success there. However Kedron administration does not like to be questioned. Teachers do not seem to perform well with students who need a little extra help. The SST process is horrible and if you are not an involved parent your child could be put into a box. Unfortunately schools along with Kedron are not teaching children basic skills that are needed to succeed in math and reading anymore; therefore you have to resort to outside help.

Posted March 6, 2011

Both our daughters had a fantastic experience at Kedron, the teachers were high quality and very caring, the school leadership very good. The curriculum probably is focused on the standardized tests but nonetheless has appropriately high standards. Our kids were learned a great deal and thrived at Kedron. Our only minor complaint was the constant fund raising partnerships with businesses, but I guess that is a reality of budget crunched school districts today. Overall highly recommended.

Posted June 27, 2010

I am a former teacher (from another state), but writing this review as a parent. My child had a difficult transition when we moved to the district mid-year. This was primarily due to the fact that our last (very highly rated) school was actually far behind Kedron! The administration and staff went far out of their way to accommodate my child. The communication was great, and the staff values parental input. We are very pleased with the education our child has received thus far.

Posted June 1, 2010

Kedron is an excellent school, with caring teachers and super involved parents. The atmosphere fosters parent involvement on a daily basis, not just for class parties. My son attends Kedron via the Georgia Choice Law, so we aren't part of the demographics which seemed to bother one of the parents commenting here. Many of the families in the district may be financially comfortable, but many are like us and doing the best we can with the economy. The difference is that at Kedron teachers and administration work to have entire families involved in the education process. Ms. Healy, our son's first grade teacher, took him from below average on every subject to excelling across the board. We could not be happier with the school. It's rated superior for a reason -- Kedron deserves it!!

Posted May 5, 2010

Kedron, like many public schools, teaches to the CRCT test. The school scores very highly on these tests because that is the teachers' sole focus from first day of school. In fact, field trips are scheduled for late spring - just before the school year ends - so as not to take away from the CRCT focus. The school can be a very stressful and demanding place - especially for elementary school age children. Scoring highly on the CRCT does not ensure that our children are getting a solid, well rounded education.

Posted February 24, 2010

I have found Kedron to be an amazing educational opportunity for my children. In addition, they have blossomed socially thanks to the climate of respect and friendship encouraged throughout the school. They have become more socially aware and work together with their classmates to provide for those less fortunate. They are encouraged to attain excellence in their studies, as well as their school and at home responsibilities. Their teachers have attended their extra-curricular events whether affiliated with the school or not. I find that the staff as a whole has taken the time to know my children not only by name, but as individuals. The librarians, Mrs. Ausborn and Mrs. Boren, know my son's reading preferences so well that they set aside reading material for him. I am continually impresed with the PE program and the way that the standards are taught through fun and unique games. What a special place!

Posted February 10, 2010

Kedron is the best elementary school in PTC. Ms Bivings provides a loving environment and supports her teachers. Everyone is happy from the top down to the kids. A warm and loving academic environment.

Posted September 5, 2009

Kedron Elementary is a good school, but overrated. The teachers think so highly of themselves that they have convinced the community that they are the best. The fact is, students test high because of the area's demographics - the parents are mostly educated with highly paid jobs which we know is correlated to students' test scores.

Posted August 26, 2008

Kedron's after school program is exceptionally well organized and fun. The teachers at Kedron are creative and caring and encourage student success. As with many schools, parents are encouraged to participate in all levels... event planning, fundraising, and in the classroom. Kedron's demographic pool creates a great student body resulting in top test scores. However, if you are seeking a school that deals well with children with learning difficulties, this is not the school for your child. The SST process is cumbersome, even with clinically diagnosed disorders, and the administration discourages classroom accommodations. Your child must actually fail to be eligible for an IEP. SST accommodations are not carried over from one year to the next. To complicate creating a parent/teacher team for these children, communication with teachers is restricted to handwritten note and phone calls. The administration seriously discourages parents to communicate via email making relating concerns difficult.

Posted April 21, 2008

I currently have 3 children that attend Kedron Elementary. Parental involvement is the key to your childs success.

Posted December 30, 2007

Kedron is an awesome school. We relocated here 6 months ago and the transition was so easy for my daughter. Her teacher Mrs. Daniels is passionate about her success. She genuinely loves the children. The staff is extraordinary. I have paid private school in FL and Kedron supersedes them all. I highly recommend this school--it's the best!

Posted October 4, 2007

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Kedron Elem. The principal is extraordinary, the teachers are truly gifted, and the parents are dedicated to making this one of the best schools in Peachtree City.

Posted August 14, 2007

Kedron is a great school! Mrs. Hendrix was my little girls teacher and she absolutely adored her! We have been very pleased with the education our children have recieved in PTC. Also in response to the comment about the principal. . . I have found Ms. Bullock to be a very fair and honest listener.

Posted June 29, 2007

I have nine years of experience with Kedron with my two children. My daughter just finished. I have found it to be an excellent school. I never experienced problems with administration, although I never had an issue. The administration allows parent input into class placement, which is somewhat unusual. Parent involvement is exceptional. In my experience, my own involvement was very helpful in building

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

97 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

98 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

97 students were tested at this school in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

99 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

200 Kedron Dr