Peachtree City, GA

Posted December 16, 2014
We are having a horrific year at Kedron. It is to the point that we may request to go to another school nearby and just provide the transportation. Horrible teacher who honestly doesn't even seem to like children. I agree with the other reviews about this being a bad school if you have a child who struggles. Your child will be made to feel inept and will become very self conscious leading to a hatred of school. Don't expect any support from administration. Awful, just awful.

Posted May 23, 2014
I like the parental involvement and have really liked my childrens teachers. With that being said, there seems to have been a change in overall attitude (not for the good) when the change of principals occurred. I am not very impressed by the current administration and their abilities. A title before your name (Dr.) does not make you good at your job. I am glad that my child has finished her last day there today. It is sad to see such a great school with such a positive culture be ruined by the current administration.Many, many other parents agree,just ask them. PTO is absolutely wonderful at Kedron!

Posted March 19, 2014
Kedron is a great school if you only consider test scores. That's the mistake that I made when moving to this school district for that reason alone. I have since learned that there is so much more to an educational institution than their ability to score high on standardized tests. If your child is not a straight A student, they will get lost here. The teachers show no compassion at all (my child (has been there 4 years). No such plan to improve my child's performance. No positive communication to the parents regarding your child's progress. The choice card system is a joke. My child received a choice card mark for yawning, forgetting to bring scissors and not having a pencil...really??? I will be leaving this school after this year because the teachers show no real concern for my child as a whole, in my opinion. I get so much support from the after school program director and the tutor that we have...but NONE from the teachers at Kedron. I am very involved in my child's education and am not one of those parents to expect the teacher to do it all, but I DO expect to be met halfway by the teachers. Not going to happen at Kedron.

Kedron Elementary School 2

Posted August 17, 2012
I would have to agree with the previous post. While there are some wonderful teachers and the PTO is very active, the administration is completely inept. They really do not have the children's best interest at heart. The music teacher is a joke, the kids watch cartoons frequently in the class. The vice-principal is uncaring and spiteful...I honestly think she doesn't even like children.

Posted August 17, 2012
Some of the teachers are not very caring especially for children that don't perform for their expectations! We were not impressed with last year principal. There is new proncipal this year so we will see how will be this year. My oldest son graduated from Peachtree city Elementary and we were much pleased with that school.The music teacher needs to go as my kids are also scaired to go to music class as apparently she screams at them too much.

Posted May 14, 2012
Not a great school at all. Very unethical. I agree with the previous parent the Principal and Vice Principal are not friendly at all. You have to be extremely involved in the decsion making process regarding your child or anything goes with this school. All children are not treated fairly. This school decided to test my child although I firmly asked them not to and then cover it up. I have had to hire outside help to prove my findings of the school not implementing what is needed to ensure that my child is successful in the regular classroom setting. I am extremely dissapointed in this school system. A great deal of parents here have to put there children in Kumon just to get the basics that should be taught in school.

Posted March 05, 2012
Kedron does not have a kind, homey feel at all. The test scores are high and it feels like the teachers that we have are just "doing their job". The enrichment teacher is amazing but I doubt that the regular classroom teachers have a clue as to what my kids are interested in personally. My kids love music but dread the day that they go to music class. This teacher needs to be replaced. Kedron does not have a nurturing environment and the assistant principal is just plain mean. Not my favorite place to send my kids to school each day. Quite disappointed.

Posted February 20, 2012
There is great parent invovement at Kedron and that is key to your child's success there. However Kedron administration does not like to be questioned. Teachers do not seem to perform well with students who need a little extra help. The SST process is horrible and if you are not an involved parent your child could be put into a box. Unfortunately schools along with Kedron are not teaching children basic skills that are needed to succeed in math and reading anymore; therefore you have to resort to outside help.

Kedron Elementary School 5

Posted March 06, 2011
Both our daughters had a fantastic experience at Kedron, the teachers were high quality and very caring, the school leadership very good. The curriculum probably is focused on the standardized tests but nonetheless has appropriately high standards. Our kids were learned a great deal and thrived at Kedron. Our only minor complaint was the constant fund raising partnerships with businesses, but I guess that is a reality of budget crunched school districts today. Overall highly recommended.

Kedron Elementary School 5

Posted June 27, 2010
I am a former teacher (from another state), but writing this review as a parent. My child had a difficult transition when we moved to the district mid-year. This was primarily due to the fact that our last (very highly rated) school was actually far behind Kedron! The administration and staff went far out of their way to accommodate my child. The communication was great, and the staff values parental input. We are very pleased with the education our child has received thus far.

Kedron Elementary School
200 Kedron Dr, Peachtree City, GA  30269
Last modified Kedron Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kedron Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top