Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

If your child is a typical "sit at a desk all day" learner - than this school is perfect. But if your child needs to move (movement/fidget for learning/calms and centers brain) than forget it. There was NO learning going on with my son because he was always getting in trouble for moving in his seat/getting anything he had to fidget with, taken away. The administrators would say one thing but nothing was implemented in the classroom. His confidence and motivation were non-existent and he was stressed in the 3rd grade! We took him out for a year to do a Montessori/relaxed atmosphere which was a break he truly needed. Now he is at a caring private school and has all A's, and his confidence/drive to succeed is there again. Public schools need to embrace all different types of learners (kinesthetic/visual) and get rid of "gifted" programs that say you can only enjoy things like organic gardening if you are a great test taker. Also, the policy about not helping your friend if he/she is being beat up is awful. What kind of morals are being taught?

I wish our family had the great experience of the last review. Perhaps it's different when you have children in higher grades. It is our first year at Kedron and it will be our last. My children are in different grades and both have teachers that are very unmotivated to help children that may be struggling with the curriculum offered. If your child can not keep up, it's their fault...this is the message at Kedron. Absolutely no consideration for learning differences. My children, who previously loved school, hate going now. Fortunately. We are moving them to a private Christian school nearby starting next fall.

I love kedron! We recently moved to peachtree city from out of state and were concerned about georgia public schools. More than enough are poorly rated. However, kedrons high academic expectations has made it the elementary school parents sacrifice to be in. Many of us, including myself, live in apartments just to be in kedrons district. I have a kindergarten and preschool student here. They both absolutely love school and get excited to come in the mornings! I'm a very involved parent and enjoy seeing how welcomed the parent volunteers are. I personally find the principal, Dr. Turner, to be a very involved and highly professional person. She encourages programs such as the robotics team and boy/Girl Scouts. She also regularly attends the PTO meetings giving updates on the school. I was impressed when she visited the kindergarten classes before their first field trip to discuss proper behavior. She has high standards which you want in the leader of a school.

We are having a horrific year at Kedron. It is to the point that we may request to go to another school nearby and just provide the transportation. Horrible teacher who honestly doesn't even seem to like children. I agree with the other reviews about this being a bad school if you have a child who struggles. Your child will be made to feel inept and will become very self conscious leading to a hatred of school. Don't expect any support from administration. Awful, just awful.

I like the parental involvement and have really liked my childrens teachers. With that being said, there seems to have been a change in overall attitude (not for the good) when the change of principals occurred. I am not very impressed by the current administration and their abilities. A title before your name (Dr.) does not make you good at your job. I am glad that my child has finished her last day there today. It is sad to see such a great school with such a positive culture be ruined by the current administration.Many, many other parents agree,just ask them. PTO is absolutely wonderful at Kedron!

Kedron is a great school if you only consider test scores. That's the mistake that I made when moving to this school district for that reason alone. I have since learned that there is so much more to an educational institution than their ability to score high on standardized tests. If your child is not a straight A student, they will get lost here. The teachers show no compassion at all (my child (has been there 4 years). No such plan to improve my child's performance. No positive communication to the parents regarding your child's progress. The choice card system is a joke. My child received a choice card mark for yawning, forgetting to bring scissors and not having a pencil...really??? I will be leaving this school after this year because the teachers show no real concern for my child as a whole, in my opinion. I get so much support from the after school program director and the tutor that we have...but NONE from the teachers at Kedron. I am very involved in my child's education and am not one of those parents to expect the teacher to do it all, but I DO expect to be met halfway by the teachers. Not going to happen at Kedron.

I would have to agree with the previous post. While there are some wonderful teachers and the PTO is very active, the administration is completely inept. They really do not have the children's best interest at heart. The music teacher is a joke, the kids watch cartoons frequently in the class. The vice-principal is uncaring and spiteful...I honestly think she doesn't even like children.

Some of the teachers are not very caring especially for children that don't perform for their expectations! We were not impressed with last year principal. There is new proncipal this year so we will see how will be this year. My oldest son graduated from Peachtree city Elementary and we were much pleased with that school.The music teacher needs to go as my kids are also scaired to go to music class as apparently she screams at them too much.

Not a great school at all. Very unethical. I agree with the previous parent the Principal and Vice Principal are not friendly at all. You have to be extremely involved in the decsion making process regarding your child or anything goes with this school. All children are not treated fairly. This school decided to test my child although I firmly asked them not to and then cover it up. I have had to hire outside help to prove my findings of the school not implementing what is needed to ensure that my child is successful in the regular classroom setting. I am extremely dissapointed in this school system. A great deal of parents here have to put there children in Kumon just to get the basics that should be taught in school.

Kedron does not have a kind, homey feel at all. The test scores are high and it feels like the teachers that we have are just "doing their job". The enrichment teacher is amazing but I doubt that the regular classroom teachers have a clue as to what my kids are interested in personally. My kids love music but dread the day that they go to music class. This teacher needs to be replaced. Kedron does not have a nurturing environment and the assistant principal is just plain mean. Not my favorite place to send my kids to school each day. Quite disappointed.

Last modified Kedron Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.