Peachtree City, GA
Students enrolled: 1,741

Mcintosh High School 4

Posted February 12, 2015
MHS is probably one of the better schools in the state. One the best of public schools. But I think that there is a lot of flaws in the school system and administrations. The 6 period day limits students from taking as many AP courses as they want to. In comparisons to larger high schools that offer more AP classes & a longer schedule, students at MHS just don't stack up when applying to large schools that only look at numerical data like UGA. I had an amazing counselor who really helped me throughout high school, but she no longer works there. The turnover for administrators is a little ridiculous. We had lots of great Assistant Principals, but they were all offered jobs at different schools & so MHS now has mediocre administration at best. McIntosh students really succeed because they've grown up with involved parents & teachers who always pushed them to be the best. Teachers are still good at MHS, but the school system & pay check is not what keeps them around. It would be nice if the students at MHS were rewarded for their hard work instead of being ignored while the state and colleges give handouts to lower quality, big schools, but thats just how it goes. -a grad

Mcintosh High School 3

Posted May 01, 2014
I read the one that post on jan 2014, Well, I must says thank you for for being honest , we are going to move to Atlanta and try to find a school around that area...I guess the school is really bad. My boys came from magnet school in Jax, which is hard school to get in..I'm not going to put my kids to the school who's not care about the student, thanks again for the information...

Posted April 03, 2014
We moved to Peachtree City that way my child could attend McIntosh High School. We thought we were making a good decision for his education, but I was mistaken. Whenever you have a problem, you can never get in touch with the administration, and there are numerous problems with school discipline. Even though they have a zero tolerance for bullying, my son encountered it from his peers along with some his teachers. If you want your child to experience, some of the worst bullying that I've personally experienced (We have lived in 10 different school districts over the past 10 years), then send them to McIntosh High School.

Posted January 05, 2014
We moved into this school district just last year from out of state. We are not happy, to say the least. Rude and unhelpful counselors just make issues worse; my son has nobody to talk to. On one occasion, I was told that my son would be taken out of a class because of a teacher who was singling out on him. However, when I recalled the assistant principle, he told me he never said that. If your child is learning at an above-average level, McIntosh is not the school for them. It offers no high performance classes, and the most accelerated class that is offered for freshman students is Geometry (which is saying something since other states even offer up to Pre-Calculus for freshman level). If your child is a gifted learner, don't even bother with this school. Instead, homeschool or private school your child if they are moving into this area- all McIntosh will do is make your child frustrated, bored, and will definitely not teach them anything at all.
3 people found this helpful

Posted July 06, 2013
I was a student at McIntosh, just graduated last year, and I must say I had a poor experience there. The school lack adequate teachers for specific subjects; some teachers are teaching subjects they know little about or have no degree on. Although, there are excellent teachers there, but quite few. In my experience the counselors there are little help, especially in questions concerning college or other problems a student might have at school. The school does offer many great classes that prepare you for college courses, but again some of the teachers should not be teaching certain subjects. I was not in any sports but I know the school has a wide range of different sports. If you (student) are not into sports or excellent in academics many of the staff, administration, and teachers will look down on you. The staff and administration tend to favor smart and athletic people. Of course, there is a place for those talented artsy students, but if your not excellent at that either then you will be not survive in this school. If you are thinking or will/is attending McIntosh High School I recommend that you get highly involved in clubs or sports. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. Good luck!!!!!!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 26, 2012
McIntosh High school seems to be their own little society... This is not necessarily a bad thing; but it would be your own opinion to rate. My daughter has came home every day and from 4pm-11pm; she's working hard- yet, she still seems to not meet up to MHS's academic standards. If your child is ALREADY a student of gifted knowledge and great understanding, this school is great for them- otherwise, not. Another thing i've heard mentioned by my daughter are the attitudes of the teachers at this school. At first I thought, "No, she's probably exaggerating their behaviors," i was proved wrong by recordings. My daughter allowed me to listen in on the classes and how the teachers would act and react to situations- how they would teach- my daughter was right. She is bullied by not only the students there (who seem to not be accepting) but by her fellow teachers as well. To me, MHS created their own little society; a place i now refer to as a Pariah society. (This message is not directed towards anybody in particular, keep in mind; the counselors are fantastic and so are a small percent of the teachers, but now that i am paying money for my daughter to be tutored, something is wrong).

Mcintosh High School 3

Posted October 22, 2011
This school is a fabulous school for A+ students, or students with significant learning differences. If your child is an "average" student A, B student, he/she will get lost in the shuffle! The teachers do the best they can to accomodate students, but they cannot possibly do it. Unfortunately, schools have become so big, students lack the opportunity to really get to know their teachers, coaches, and administrators.

Posted May 07, 2010
People need to stand up for these teachers like Ms S,,, Mrs Smirniotis she has been an asset for my son who now is in college. He still calls her on the phone when he is having problems. What a blessing she has been. MHS is a good school because of her and the few teachers like her.

Posted May 05, 2010
You get very little from the administator there starting at the top. There is a buddy system there and who know what might happen. Ms Fine shows no concern about how her special education department is ran my Ms Kendrick. There are many teachers there that are great. My daughter has Ms Cason for biology and she is wonderful and so is the colab teacher Ms Smirniotis. She has help my daughter so much this year. We need more teachers like her.

Mcintosh High School

Posted February 03, 2010
Great school. Always something to do.

Mcintosh High School
201 Walt Banks Rd, Peachtree City, GA  30269
Last modified Mcintosh High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcintosh High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top