Godley Station School

Public | PK-8

Posted May 2, 2014

Excellent school with fantastic teachers, high goals and expectations that are being met daily. My kids have been going to Godley Station K-8 for 4 years now.

Posted April 5, 2014

This is a great school. It is the largest in Chatham County and Principal Jones is very welcoming. I am pleased with the elementary side of the school. The teacher we have is great, and I am sure with every school parents will have issues but I feel very comfortable with having my child attend Godley Station.

Posted February 20, 2014

This is my daughter's second year at Godley Station, and I couldn't be more pleased. She has had two really great teachers, and I absolutely love the amount of communication I received from both of them. She is also involved in the gifted program at Godley Station, and I really enjoy getting emails about what she's learning each week. It's important to me to be involved in my daughter's education, and all of the staff at Godley Station has always made me feel welcome. You do have to submit a background check in order to volunteer at the school, but I personally think that is a great security measure to make sure our children are kept safe. There is a courtesy officer on campus at all times, and that gives me peace of mind knowing that Godley Station values the safety of our children just as much as we do!! I can't say enough nice things about this school!!

Posted February 19, 2014

I will be moving to Pooler in May and Godley is close to where we will be living and reading these reviews have me scared to send my children there. I will snap if they get bullied and snap if a teacher does not take pride in my childrens education. It looks like a beautiful school, I was so hoping to read good things :(

Posted January 24, 2014

Was very disappointed in this school. At first, the teacher seemed caring and interested. Our child obviously needed extra help in reading but was never referred to the appropriate intervention classes to help her. After many teacher conferences and private (expensive) reading tutoring, we decided nothing had changed for our child. The teacher promised to help her and give her extra attention but this never happened. If your child is in gifted classes, they will be fine at this school. If your child needs extra help in a subject, this is not the place for them. The children in the class were not that kind either. We felt "community" was not really stressed here. In fact, many of the children in the class were cruel to the children that were not in the gifted program. Sounds like bullying to me. We are teaching her at home now and she is doing great. K12 Connections Academy is a great home school program..

Posted October 8, 2013

Godley Station School is awesome!! This is our child's second year and we love it! The faculty and staff are kind, professional and really do care about the children. The school is always very clean and safe. We hope to be able to keep our daughter here through 8th grade and our infant will be able to attend here also. Can not say enough good!!!! Keep up the great wrk Godley Station!!!

Posted October 1, 2013

Stay away from any school in Chatham County. This school is too over crowded. The younger grades are okay, but 5th grade and above are horrible. Bullying is bad and nothing is done. No communication with teachers. This school has potential, but needs a lot of things changed. If you are just moving to the area then go to Effingham County!!! Much Much Better!!!

Posted September 24, 2013

The school is over-crowded resulting in classroom sizes being beyond the teachers capability to manage. Bullying is allowed to take place without intervention or the "bullied" being blamed because the teacher didn't see what actually happened or cared enough to know the facts...and children are ostracized for reporting it. The push for high scores on standardized test also far outweighs the "teaching of true content and skills" which is replaced with memorizing answers instead of "how to/why"- the teachers are under extreme amounts of stress to make the grade most days leaving them in moods that some in turn take out of children who just can't make the grade. Some children are openly embarrassed by teachers when they miss an answer or forget something. Positive reinforcement take some children farther than ridicule and embarrassment. Children should be able to make mistakes without fear of being called out in front of their peers. It is those mistakes that help them learn-but if they fear making a mistake they won't even try!!! My child's year has started off terribly and I don't have much hope in that changing. I am certainly considering homeschooling or private school.

Posted August 22, 2013

I think on an over view, the school is very well secure and thats most inportant for the children. And also the school is very clean, and to me that is awesome. I have meet some teachers and some in front office.I could not of ask for so nice of teachers and staff.

Posted June 10, 2013

I will make this short and concise. My daughter was in middle school at Godley for three years. The principal is AMAZING. She does the best she can with what she has. Her efforts are outstanding. The problem is dealing with the incompetence at many levels before reaching her. There are good and bad teachers. However, it seems they generally turn their heads when it comes to bullying. The behavior allowed in the classroom is unacceptable. Your child will be at the mercy of the peers that happen to be in the same homeroom. Events are okay but typically unorganized. And if you do not join the PTA be prepared to pay for it by other means i.e. sitting in the very back at your child's band or chorus concert, or not having a seat at all. Seeing a pregnant woman or women with infants standing in the back during and entire performance is really uncalled for. In short, this school is not going to make you feel okay about sending your child to a Chatham county school. If you have to live in Chatham County, either buck up for private school or home school. We are moving to Effingham county this summer. Lesson learned!

Posted June 6, 2013

I am confused because of this site on where to send my child to school or where to move. The bad is far greater than, the good on all the schools.

Posted June 3, 2013

I would have to say that I am very glad this year is over. It has been a very full year. The testing seemed overwhelming and although I had a good relationship with the staff and teachers the special education department is very lacking. It takes a very long time to get services for a special needs child or for the staff dealing in those areas to respond. I would also say that some of the teachers do not have control of their classrooms having teachers pets "running" things and knowing personal information about other students which is totally inappropriate. The bullying situation in this school is also out of hand and not taken seriously.

Posted May 15, 2013

It is the end of the year and I must say it is very disappointing to not be able to write a good review for Godly Station. I think the staff and teachers are pleasant but I really think they hate the way the school is organized. The teachers are extremely exhausted with the over testing that they do. They are not giving a chance to teach they have to rush the skills and then test. If you look at the grading scale you will see the test over shadows the scores for homework, quizzes and classwork grades. So even if your child came home will good grades if they failed at least one test their final grades will make you feel like your child is stupid. Something has to be done with the school system and the sad part is it just falls on deaf ears. The teacher has to deal with this issue because this is their income and challenging the system can cause them to lose their job. I hate that it feels like I am the teacher and all I do is send my child to school to be tested. I am not his teacher. The rule is the teacher teach and when my child comes home I go OVER what he learned. Does anyone out there understand that home schooling in the savannah area is growing? Think about that.

Posted May 15, 2013

I have two kids in this school, and I can not wait for the year to be over. I'm sorry to say that I don't like anything about this school, in fact, I'm quitting my job to home school my boys, because of the terrible experience my kids have had here. Last year my kid was threatened with a pocket knife in the bus, this year was called gay because he has long hair, he has been humiliated an screamed at by teachers in front of other students. One of the music teachers started screaming at my kid in Spanish, when my kid doesn't even understand just because of our last name and told the class that my son was a disappointment. Just to say some, this is everyday, the teachers don't care for students and this school is over crowded 30 kids per room. The staff is rude. If you are moving to this area RUN!!! from this school for the sake of your kids.

Posted May 14, 2013

As a parent of Godley Station I see some points of other parents concerned about the overpopulation however is not up to the principal to change that is up to the county and the budgets, and they are working on it of course it s not going to happen overnight. How a parent can complaint about racism against Caucasian I find that outrageous, since the diversity in the school is very large. Being a parent of a two children that attend the school I am very pleased with the education my kids are receiving and with the immediate information we receive from the teachers. Communication; When one of my child was having behavior issues I handled it as a parent immediately. I believe most parents this days leave everything to the teachers and don t handle most of the problems their kid have. I agree that some teachers are not the best but you have do your homework and see if there is a possibility that the child can be transfer to another classroom. The teacher my son had in First grade was great and 2nd grade is ranked as good however they have both been a positive experience for my youngest kid. I believe cooperation from parents its what is needed and less complaining.

Posted April 10, 2013

My daughter had a great experience in Kindergarden at Godly Station but has had the complete opposite in 1st grade. Many parents have said that they have had the same problem. Year to year the experience is great or miserable depending on the teacher you get. This seems to suggest that they are not held to any standards or accountability. My child's teacher this year, for example, is unorganized and downright rude to the children. Though her Kindergarden teacher was amazing, her assistant teacher was completely incompentant. We are changing schools this year. We can't leave our child's education to chance.

Posted April 8, 2013

Yes,I only agre whit the past coment on the subjet that the school is ober populate, but parent have to be more realist it about the good or bad of the school, is not only a reflection of the staff . Paren are very inportan part of that. Don't pretend the only is the staff problems , by sending the kids to a day care facility every singer day to get food and pretend that your kid is perfect and the staff are Is the proble. My kids are in Gadly Station and they come from a small school were everything was perfect. Life is not perfect and my kids have to learn how to work in any tipe of environment and both have a exelent academic grades.

Posted March 24, 2013

Really tired of seeing these bashing reviews. If your child has been a problem at school....handle it at home. Don't complain about the discipline your kid receives....he/she should have been following the rules and they wouldn't have gotten in trouble. I have volunteered at other Chatham County schools.... and let me tell you....they wish they had the technology our classrooms possess. Teachers are paid to teach....not deal with behavioral problems. If your child falls into the low/averg spectrum our school has several programs in place to help them master the State mandated Common Core Standards. Ask for help! Our school is awesome. Our teachers are amazing. Our administration is wonderful. It's very hard to meet the needs of 1,567 students but this school makes it happen! I am a proud Godley Station parent and active PTA member / volunteer.

Posted March 11, 2013

I just recently switched to home school. I WAS SICK AND TIRED OF THIS GODFORSAKEN SCHOOL. Take it straight from someone who when there form, well, if i say it, it will be obvious who I am. Godley Station is not what its hyped to be. Overpopulated and underplayed, nobody respects anyone. The administration pays no attention to a student in distress if they have caused a problem before. If they have, the punishments are all VERY extreme. Id give it an absolute ZERO. Good day, Darlings.

Posted February 26, 2013

Most of the high ratings are from office staff or teachers from this school, to cover their buns!!!!!!!! This school does have a lot of problems and well it's not getting any better. Been at this school for 2 years but this is our last year at this school, we have had enough. The subdivision I live in, well most of the kids are home school now after experiencing something traumatic from this school. Also when I write a comment on here for some reason it is removed... I agree with Feb. 20,2013 comment fully and maybe Chatham County School System needs to remove the whole staff and put in people who can actually handle the job of that many kids in a school. Not bashing anyone or being mean but when you are manager of other jobs you need to be able to keep the business under control and well that's not happening here at this school.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

156 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

165 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

167 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

173 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

171 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

173 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

175 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

175 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 92% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 96% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

160 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 93% in 2013.

155 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

155 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 95% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 85% in 2013.

161 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 97% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

152 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Writing

The state average for Writing was 82% in 2012.

116 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

30 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

10 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Gifted specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Art teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
PE instructor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Choir / Chorus

School culture

• Attend parent nights
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2135 Benton Boulevard