Pooler, GA
Students enrolled: 1,902

Posted May 20, 2015
THIS SCHOOL IS AMAZING!!! I've experienced Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, & 8th grades. Any issues that have arisen they worked to get it worked out or if my kids needed extra help they got it to them. I have experienced another school that even when I begged for help nothing was giving & this school offered help for tutoring & worked hard to help my kids where they needed to be. The PTA here is OUTSTANDING!!!! They work extremely hard to help our teachers, staff, & students!!!

Godley Station School 4

Posted May 11, 2015
We are just finishing our second year (1st grade) and I am very pleased with this school. Yes, it has a large student body, but the new Port Wentworth school will be opening soon and help alleviate that issue. I feel the principal, office staff and teachers are all invested in making our school the best it can be. I feel my child is safe there, cared for, and receiving a good education. I spend many hours volunteering at the school and have not seen anything untoward. I notice many of the negative reviews mention the middle school grades; I don't have experience with these grades yet but the school as a whole is wonderful with an awesome PTA that plans many fun events for students and families.

Godley Station School 1

Posted May 08, 2015
There is a bullying problem at Godley Station. The school has been told numerous times about this issue. It is also a national issue, yet Godley Station is failing kid's safety and their learning environment. Parents are confronted about the issue but instead of focusing on their child, who was held back twice, she threatens to bring up the race card. The school ignores the threat on their students safety to avoid a lawsuit. This is a wonderful place for primary education of innocent growing minds.

Posted August 15, 2014
Excellent school, excellent teacher's, and good location. High Goals..!! My children have been going to Godley Station K-8.

Posted May 02, 2014
Excellent school with fantastic teachers, high goals and expectations that are being met daily. My kids have been going to Godley Station K-8 for 4 years now.

Posted April 05, 2014
This is a great school. It is the largest in Chatham County and Principal Jones is very welcoming. I am pleased with the elementary side of the school. The teacher we have is great, and I am sure with every school parents will have issues but I feel very comfortable with having my child attend Godley Station.

Posted February 20, 2014
This is my daughter's second year at Godley Station, and I couldn't be more pleased. She has had two really great teachers, and I absolutely love the amount of communication I received from both of them. She is also involved in the gifted program at Godley Station, and I really enjoy getting emails about what she's learning each week. It's important to me to be involved in my daughter's education, and all of the staff at Godley Station has always made me feel welcome. You do have to submit a background check in order to volunteer at the school, but I personally think that is a great security measure to make sure our children are kept safe. There is a courtesy officer on campus at all times, and that gives me peace of mind knowing that Godley Station values the safety of our children just as much as we do!! I can't say enough nice things about this school!!

Godley Station School 3

Posted February 19, 2014
I will be moving to Pooler in May and Godley is close to where we will be living and reading these reviews have me scared to send my children there. I will snap if they get bullied and snap if a teacher does not take pride in my childrens education. It looks like a beautiful school, I was so hoping to read good things :(

Godley Station School 1

Posted January 24, 2014
Was very disappointed in this school. At first, the teacher seemed caring and interested. Our child obviously needed extra help in reading but was never referred to the appropriate intervention classes to help her. After many teacher conferences and private (expensive) reading tutoring, we decided nothing had changed for our child. The teacher promised to help her and give her extra attention but this never happened. If your child is in gifted classes, they will be fine at this school. If your child needs extra help in a subject, this is not the place for them. The children in the class were not that kind either. We felt "community" was not really stressed here. In fact, many of the children in the class were cruel to the children that were not in the gifted program. Sounds like bullying to me. We are teaching her at home now and she is doing great. K12 Connections Academy is a great home school program..

Posted October 08, 2013
Godley Station School is awesome!! This is our child's second year and we love it! The faculty and staff are kind, professional and really do care about the children. The school is always very clean and safe. We hope to be able to keep our daughter here through 8th grade and our infant will be able to attend here also. Can not say enough good!!!! Keep up the great wrk Godley Station!!!

Godley Station School
2135 Benton Boulevard, Pooler, GA  31322
Last modified Godley Station School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Godley Station School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top