Posted May 02, 2014
Excellent school with fantastic teachers, high goals and expectations that are being met daily. My kids have been going to Godley Station K-8 for 4 years now.

Posted April 05, 2014
This is a great school. It is the largest in Chatham County and Principal Jones is very welcoming. I am pleased with the elementary side of the school. The teacher we have is great, and I am sure with every school parents will have issues but I feel very comfortable with having my child attend Godley Station.

Posted February 20, 2014
This is my daughter's second year at Godley Station, and I couldn't be more pleased. She has had two really great teachers, and I absolutely love the amount of communication I received from both of them. She is also involved in the gifted program at Godley Station, and I really enjoy getting emails about what she's learning each week. It's important to me to be involved in my daughter's education, and all of the staff at Godley Station has always made me feel welcome. You do have to submit a background check in order to volunteer at the school, but I personally think that is a great security measure to make sure our children are kept safe. There is a courtesy officer on campus at all times, and that gives me peace of mind knowing that Godley Station values the safety of our children just as much as we do!! I can't say enough nice things about this school!!

Godley Station School 3

Posted February 19, 2014
I will be moving to Pooler in May and Godley is close to where we will be living and reading these reviews have me scared to send my children there. I will snap if they get bullied and snap if a teacher does not take pride in my childrens education. It looks like a beautiful school, I was so hoping to read good things :(

Posted January 24, 2014
Was very disappointed in this school. At first, the teacher seemed caring and interested. Our child obviously needed extra help in reading but was never referred to the appropriate intervention classes to help her. After many teacher conferences and private (expensive) reading tutoring, we decided nothing had changed for our child. The teacher promised to help her and give her extra attention but this never happened. If your child is in gifted classes, they will be fine at this school. If your child needs extra help in a subject, this is not the place for them. The children in the class were not that kind either. We felt "community" was not really stressed here. In fact, many of the children in the class were cruel to the children that were not in the gifted program. Sounds like bullying to me. We are teaching her at home now and she is doing great. K12 Connections Academy is a great home school program..

Posted October 08, 2013
Godley Station School is awesome!! This is our child's second year and we love it! The faculty and staff are kind, professional and really do care about the children. The school is always very clean and safe. We hope to be able to keep our daughter here through 8th grade and our infant will be able to attend here also. Can not say enough good!!!! Keep up the great wrk Godley Station!!!

Posted October 01, 2013
Stay away from any school in Chatham County. This school is too over crowded. The younger grades are okay, but 5th grade and above are horrible. Bullying is bad and nothing is done. No communication with teachers. This school has potential, but needs a lot of things changed. If you are just moving to the area then go to Effingham County!!! Much Much Better!!!

Posted September 24, 2013
The school is over-crowded resulting in classroom sizes being beyond the teachers capability to manage. Bullying is allowed to take place without intervention or the "bullied" being blamed because the teacher didn't see what actually happened or cared enough to know the facts...and children are ostracized for reporting it. The push for high scores on standardized test also far outweighs the "teaching of true content and skills" which is replaced with memorizing answers instead of "how to/why"- the teachers are under extreme amounts of stress to make the grade most days leaving them in moods that some in turn take out of children who just can't make the grade. Some children are openly embarrassed by teachers when they miss an answer or forget something. Positive reinforcement take some children farther than ridicule and embarrassment. Children should be able to make mistakes without fear of being called out in front of their peers. It is those mistakes that help them learn-but if they fear making a mistake they won't even try!!! My child's year has started off terribly and I don't have much hope in that changing. I am certainly considering homeschooling or private school.

Posted August 22, 2013
I think on an over view, the school is very well secure and thats most inportant for the children. And also the school is very clean, and to me that is awesome. I have meet some teachers and some in front office.I could not of ask for so nice of teachers and staff.

Godley Station School 2

Posted June 10, 2013
I will make this short and concise. My daughter was in middle school at Godley for three years. The principal is AMAZING. She does the best she can with what she has. Her efforts are outstanding. The problem is dealing with the incompetence at many levels before reaching her. There are good and bad teachers. However, it seems they generally turn their heads when it comes to bullying. The behavior allowed in the classroom is unacceptable. Your child will be at the mercy of the peers that happen to be in the same homeroom. Events are okay but typically unorganized. And if you do not join the PTA be prepared to pay for it by other means i.e. sitting in the very back at your child's band or chorus concert, or not having a seat at all. Seeing a pregnant woman or women with infants standing in the back during and entire performance is really uncalled for. In short, this school is not going to make you feel okay about sending your child to a Chatham county school. If you have to live in Chatham County, either buck up for private school or home school. We are moving to Effingham county this summer. Lesson learned!

Godley Station School
2135 Benton Boulevard, Pooler, GA  31322
Last modified Godley Station School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Godley Station School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top