Powder Springs, GA

Posted May 29, 2014
I would totally recommend this to anyone as a parent! The Principal is real great! (Although their cafeteria food needs improvement! get complaints from my child all the time) ( -:

Posted September 27, 2013
My son loves Dobbins. He is in the 7th grade this year and all his teachers have been great!

Posted September 08, 2013
I am a student at J.A Dobbins Middle School and I love it there. We learn lots of cool stuff and different ways to do it. The teachers are really nice but very strict. Remember you do come to school to learn not goof off though. I am a sixth grade honors student and it is very fast paced. The last thing I want to tell you is that the food is a major improvement for those of you wondering, and yes every Friday is BIG DADDY PIZZA!!!!I I would recommend this school to anybody.

Posted May 30, 2011
This school is the best school my children have ever attended I have an 8th grader and a 7th grader who attend this school and the techers are awesome they have many friends they have so much fun learning.

J. A. Dobbins Middle School 2

Posted February 01, 2011
I would not say it is the worst school, but far from the best. My child has had a problem with bulling and they do address it but not long and hard enough. I no they can only do so much but this matter is getting out of control and if your child gets in trouble one time they stay on the list and everything is there falt from now on .The tracher are great very caring and im pleased there , but the principal i dont care for . i am realy thinking about my 5th greader that will go there next year . i think about just moving the kids to another school in hopes they can learn without the bulling .

J. A. Dobbins Middle School 1

Posted April 27, 2010
This school is so disorganized. I get calls from an autimated system stating my kid is not in school when they are and also it does not specify a name so if you have two kids in that school, you will not know which they are talking about. The rules are so grey. I guess it depends on if the teacher likes you because my daughter has had dress code violations from the teachers she has the most trouble with but been sent to the principal Dr Ross for him to say its okay, but yet just a day ago, my child was not allowed to eat lunch and had to sit in ISS for a new pair of jeans thus never ate. All over a pair of jeans with legging underneath in which the principal said was fine. I could go on and on. I have seen so much

J. A. Dobbins Middle School 4

Posted April 04, 2010
My daughter has been going to Dobbins for about a year now. My husband and I like it a lot. Our daughter has great grades all A's and is in all advanced classes. The teachers are great!

J. A. Dobbins Middle School 2

Posted March 10, 2010
My child has been at Dobbins now for nearly a year. She has to sit in classes all day with no PE, and no breaks. It is very stressful for her as she is an active child and since they took pe away from her, her grades have dropped somewhat. Talking with the staff won't help either because they will tell you a computer picks their classes and there is nothing they can do if they don't get PE. I think they need to offer some kind of physical activity to all children when they have to go to school to nearly 4 pm every day! Also, the parents of the students are not friendly and will not speak to you, even if they know you from previous schools. Not a friendly area. The office area is a little disorganized.

J. A. Dobbins Middle School 3

Posted December 02, 2009

J. A. Dobbins Middle School 3

Posted August 02, 2009

J. A. Dobbins Middle School
637 Williams Lake Rd, Powder Springs, GA  30127
Last modified J. A. Dobbins Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J. A. Dobbins Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top