Bad
Good

Posted March 08, 2015
My oldest just left DMS this past spring. Like most parents with a rising 6th grader I was nervous. The teachers in 6th grade provided a wonderful beidge to acclimate both our child and his worrisome parents. The staff at Dobbins is amazing. Dr Ross is a true gentleman and firm as Principal. We were luckynto have amazing teachers throughout the three years. Just to name a few stars..Vinson, Stokes, Pittman, and Likens. My child is now at Hiram HS and I feel confident that he was completly prepared to enter HS. THANK YOU DOBBINS STAFF!!!

J. A. Dobbins Middle School 1

Posted March 03, 2015
This school is horrible, they treat you like kindergardeners and make you walk on the right side of a line and at lunch, make you sit with your class, dumb people, always pushing and stealing your stuff and teachers don't care... THEY YELL AT THE STUDENTS AND ACT LIKE THEYRE YOUR PARENT, the students have been through 9 years of school just to be treated like a 4 y/o, I highly do not recommend this school, they give too much work and no time to do it

Posted May 29, 2014
I would totally recommend this to anyone as a parent! The Principal is real great! (Although their cafeteria food needs improvement! get complaints from my child all the time) ( -:

Posted September 27, 2013
My son loves Dobbins. He is in the 7th grade this year and all his teachers have been great!

Posted September 08, 2013
I am a student at J.A Dobbins Middle School and I love it there. We learn lots of cool stuff and different ways to do it. The teachers are really nice but very strict. Remember you do come to school to learn not goof off though. I am a sixth grade honors student and it is very fast paced. The last thing I want to tell you is that the food is a major improvement for those of you wondering, and yes every Friday is BIG DADDY PIZZA!!!!I I would recommend this school to anybody.

Posted March 31, 2013
I like Dobbins Middle School staff and Principal very please. I appreciate the teachers really caring about my child education and working with us at home in order to achieve his educational goal. Also, the teachers take a strong interest in my child and all the children education. GREAT SCHOOL!!!!

Posted May 30, 2011
This school is the best school my children have ever attended I have an 8th grader and a 7th grader who attend this school and the techers are awesome they have many friends they have so much fun learning.

J. A. Dobbins Middle School 2

Posted February 01, 2011
I would not say it is the worst school, but far from the best. My child has had a problem with bulling and they do address it but not long and hard enough. I no they can only do so much but this matter is getting out of control and if your child gets in trouble one time they stay on the list and everything is there falt from now on .The tracher are great very caring and im pleased there , but the principal i dont care for . i am realy thinking about my 5th greader that will go there next year . i think about just moving the kids to another school in hopes they can learn without the bulling .

J. A. Dobbins Middle School 1

Posted April 27, 2010
This school is so disorganized. I get calls from an autimated system stating my kid is not in school when they are and also it does not specify a name so if you have two kids in that school, you will not know which they are talking about. The rules are so grey. I guess it depends on if the teacher likes you because my daughter has had dress code violations from the teachers she has the most trouble with but been sent to the principal Dr Ross for him to say its okay, but yet just a day ago, my child was not allowed to eat lunch and had to sit in ISS for a new pair of jeans thus never ate. All over a pair of jeans with legging underneath in which the principal said was fine. I could go on and on. I have seen so much

J. A. Dobbins Middle School 4

Posted April 04, 2010
My daughter has been going to Dobbins for about a year now. My husband and I like it a lot. Our daughter has great grades all A's and is in all advanced classes. The teachers are great!

J. A. Dobbins Middle School
637 Williams Lake Rd, Powder Springs, GA  30127
Last modified J. A. Dobbins Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.