Posted October 20, 2014
Can't believe we lasted a year....backward, sad, depressed family-owned school... no vision, progressive energy or educational leadership from the pastor and his wife, the school is shriveling.

Posted June 11, 2014
I have three children who have attended Youth Christian School. Two of my children have graduated and went on to University's here in Georgia to further their education, one in Nursing and one in Computer Science. My youngest child is going into 5th grade and has been very happy at YCS. All of my children have played in several of the sporting activities and my two daughters have been cheer leaders. The quality of the education and curriculum is excellent. The music program exceeds all others; the Christmas and Spring programs are wonderful. The Pastor and his wife go over and above for their students and parents. The teachers are very qualified and I have to give them the credit for each of my children exceling and exceeding their grade level on the state mandatory test. Jesus Christ is very evident in the lives of the Pastor, his wife, and staff; not only in the classroom but outside the classroom as well. Tuition is the lowest around and parent involvement is always encouraged. I am very proud to say my children attend/attended YCS. Teacher quality is outstanding. Principal Leadership is wonderful and Parent involvement is what helps to make the students and school a success.

Posted January 18, 2014
These reviews couldn't be farthest from the truth. I was a student there for 14 years and I can tell you this with great confidence that the owners went out of their way for students and parents alike. We had one bad principal experience and everyone gave up and ran for the hills. The owners truly love Jesus Christ and you can tell that through their actions. These people were the most loving people I have ever met, and I would NOT have rather attended another school. I'm proud to say I graduated from this wonderful school. The upset parent that felt like they were being ignored, there were 300 people at our graduation...sorry they could not get around to everyone there.

Posted August 22, 2013
I'm not surprised the high school closed. Our son graduated from the school and unless you were "in" with the staff which has been there for years, you didn't count. I'll never forget graduation day and NO ONE from the staff came to us during the reception afterwards and spoke to us or my parents whom had driven 4 hours to get there. I was stunned! This includes the teachers and the founders. I felt sick. I couldn't believe it. You also weren't welcome at the church which only caters to the founding family and friends. It was humiliating.

Posted July 28, 2013
I can't give it even 1 star! Don't even consider this school! I won't give many details, but don't do it!! They have been forced to close the high school because of finances. From our time there, it seemed very poorly managed. Many inconsistencies in policies and the administrators playing favorites among the students. I do not recommend this school!

Youth Christian School 3

Posted October 06, 2009

Posted July 10, 2009
I love my school! I thank the Lord i can go to such an amazing school!

Posted January 19, 2009
My son attended Youth from K-3 through 12th grade. He is a fine young man now. I really appreciate what the school has meant for us!

Youth Christian School 0

Posted June 16, 2008
My son graduated from Youth and my daughter is a current student in the Junior High. She participates in all activites. Her test scores prove she is receiving a quality education.

Posted November 26, 2007

Youth Christian School
4967 Brownsville Road, Powder Springs, GA  30127
Last modified Youth Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Youth Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top