Posted December 30, 2013
This is an excellent school and if the administration is made aware of an issue it is always handled with professionalism. Mrs. Mason has an outstanding leadership team in place this year with Dr. Campoli and Mrs. Kale. Kemp has top notch teachers that work endless hours to make sure the students reach their full potential. The new safety guidelines are in place to protect our children. Parents are always welcome at Kemp. I have only positive things to say about this school. Kemply the BEST as the neighborhood told me. I agree.

Kemp Elementary School 2

Posted October 24, 2013
My daughter has been at Kemp for a month now. I was very selective in purchasing my home when I moved to the state of GA. My #1 criteria was ensuring that my daughter was in a top notch school. So far, I am not impressed. Some of my daughter's belongings were stolen from her bookbag and the school appears to be more concerned with not hurting the feelings of the child who violated her property than getting her belongings back. Maybe this is how it's done in GA, but this school does not compare with our old school in IL on a bad day. I am hopeful that it will get better.

Kemp Elementary School 3

Posted September 26, 2013
We've been at Kemp for many years, and up until this year I have been mostly impressed with the school. Now, because of all the "safety" guidelines that have been put into place, it does not feel like the welcoming, parent family school it once was. I have heard many disappointed parents with how they handle the bully situations at the school. It was great when Mr. Manson was there, but since new administration has come on, it's not the same atmosphere. It seems now they are more concerned with "red tape" and implementing procedures than the actual students. And don't get me started on the amount of money and fundraising they ask for. It seems to become more and more each year.

Posted August 25, 2013
Kemp is what I call a "private" public school. Every year the administration and teachers put it up a notch. I think they cannot get any better but am I surprised each and every year. Also the parent involvement is incredible. They have something for everyone to get involved from the working to non working parents even grandparents. Kemp for me is the school to be at and other schools need to learn from them . I think they set the standards for all public schools.

Posted August 08, 2013
I have two kids currently attending Kemp and am more than impressed. The teachers really care and the parents are quite involved. My kids love going to school everyday.

Posted July 15, 2012
We have had nothing but good experiences at Kemp. All 3 kids have gone there, and they have each received wonderful teaching, as well as strong leadership from the staff. the gifted program is also wonderful, providing a challenging learning atmosphere for my kids. LOVE this school!

Posted October 16, 2011
Kemp Elementary is an excellent school. The teachers and staff are always happy, working hard to do whatever it takes to make sure students are successful and reach their academic potential. The principal, Kristy Mason does an outstanding job leading this school. The teachers, parents and students love her. She is the guiding force that creates the environment of academic excellence at Kemp.

Posted June 06, 2010
Kemp is a first class school!!! The administration - Mrs. Mason & Mr. Mason - are wonderful, very personable and easy to work with. The teachers are great too. Many go above and beyond the basics to help students. There is a large amount of parent participation and it really shows. The PTA is strong and has done many wonderful things for the school. I have a 1st & 4th grader and have been very pleased with Kemp.

Kemp Elementary School 0

Posted May 14, 2010
Friendly atmosphere, motivated students, and very helful parents.

Posted May 13, 2010
The hard working staff and friendly parents and PTA. Our school cares about each child. The principal is very easy to talk to and is always available for parents.

Kemp Elementary School
865 Corner Rd, Powder Springs, GA  30127
Last modified Kemp Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kemp Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top