Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I don't know what any of these bad reviews are talking about! I had one child go all three years and now I have one in 7th grade and one going to 6th grade. I love the school! The principal is no non sense! If there is any bullying its nipped in the bud immediately. She demands excellence from both the teachers and the students. My 7th grader struggled in elementary but when she got to Lovinggood the teachers really worked to bring her up to grade level and she's doing great now! The principal sets a great example for the girls at the school in how they should dress in a professional setting. She doesn't tolerate any short shorts and half shirts. And being the mother of all girls, I appreciate that! They are in constant communication with the parents. We receive several emails and phone calls daily. I love the teachers, the administration and the school!

This school is horrible. My son went here and is usually a straight a student but now he is barely passing with all of his D's I would not recommend this school not to mention the bloody nose he came home with last week if I could give zero stars I would

Great school. Needs more parent volunteers. Get involved and help improve the school. This is a very import age for our kids.

My child entire 6th grade was a waste. She learned absolutely nothing. The principal is distant and seemingly more concern about her image than her students education.

Lovinggood is a great school.the teachers have advanced classes which not many other middle schools have. my daughters science teacher was on maternity leave and the school should have found a permanent replacement instead of a different teacher every week. they have wonder full drama and beta clubs. my daughter loved how they DO NOT wear uniforms. But don't worry there is a dress code regulation. I assure your child will not be wearing daisy dukes in this school, they have a high integrity. Just make sure you check the dress code before buying back to school clothes. Although the overall school was great there are some things that they could improve on, bullying for one the principal has imposed a no tolerance rule, anonymous reports but as I am sure you know this a very difficult time especially if you are a teenage girl. Also there is a bit of a racial issue that the principal either does not know about which I doubt or just dose not care. for instance when my daughter was in the seventh grade a white girl said something about an African American girl and she was 'jumped". In conclusion I would recommend this school as long as you tell your child what to do and what not to do.

I think this school has a bullying problem that if not taken care of, will send it into a downspiral. Not impressed as of yet.

My son is in 6th grade at Lovinggood and it has been a great experience for both him and us as parents. I think the administration is good there, but very strict; maybe not to some people's liking, but it works for us. There are a lot of programs and activities available to the students. It is a safe and competitive academically challenging school for kids to go. They have a very active PTSA. The teachers really care about the students, and most have tutoring time available before or after school which is offered FREE for the students. We love LMS!!

At this school, there is very little interaction between kids not in your class. You must have a hall pass to go anywhere, and the administrators have to know where you are at all times. They are so busy attempting to keep the bad kids in line (which they fail at) and maintaining their image, that the rest of us who follow the rules suffer. Also, if your previous school doesn't have an advanced program, expect a fight getting placed correctly.

This School is horrible teachers do not teach at all! My son failed his first year and he is excelent at aschool I asked him what he learned today and he siad he dont know he usually made all A's in Elementary School!

In our daughter's three years at Lovinggood, she's enjoyed a solid learning experience. The great faculty does a fine job in both prepping students for the next level and keeping teens and tweens focused. And I have to say the music program is outstanding.

Last modified Lovinggood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.