Still Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted March 25, 2014

The Assistant Principal at Still has been wonderful to our kids and very accommodating to us parents! Job well done!

Posted March 24, 2014

Still is a good school overall. One of my children was bullied for 2 years - actually being hit. The principle never called me. The assistant principle only called after I called multiple times. I was told the other parents were contacted to find out that it never happened. I saw the parent at an event, they had no idea what had occurred. I don't have much trust since then. I saw one little boy one day that was telling a friend he got hit in the head with a rock at recess. Teachers need to watch the kids more closely at recess - period! They need to get more proactive about bullying, with seminars or guests to come in and talk to the kids...they can do more. Kids will be kids, but kids should be safe.

Posted February 9, 2014

We have two boys at Still and a third starting next year. The teachers have been fantastic, very caring, close to the students and they have passion to see my kids grow and learn. The parents are involved and willing to give their time and resources. We are very happy at Still!

Posted February 7, 2014

PTA President does not believe in ADHD. He believes a child's behavior is a choice; that "it's all in their head." He also believes if a child that exhibits ADHD behavior, that it's the parent's poor parenting skills that got them that way.

Posted October 9, 2013

Still has been amazing! Both of my kiddos have learning disabilities and they have made great strides there. They truly care about the needs of my kids.

Posted September 25, 2013

Excellent school with a lot of parent involvement. My daughter came in at 1st grade and now is in 5th. What is great is how her 4th school teacher, who she loved, is her 5th. That is by design. The school has automated phone messages for special events, a newsletter, a message system, etc. to keep parents in the loop. If there is any concern its security as this is an older campus and not designed like new schools are (like a prison) to help ensure safety.

Posted September 24, 2013

We moved to Still this year, and up until now, my daughter has been at one of Cobb County's top schools (rated 10) from K-4th grade. So I was very nervous to switch her since we LOVED her old school. I have been very pleased with the administration, they are very involved, friendly and helpful. Her teacher is amazing, we both just love her. They do an excellent job of leading and empowering the kids to do well on their own. My ONLY disappointment so far has been that she has been looking forward to her 5th grade trip since she was in 1st grade, when her big sister went out of town for her 5th grade trip and had the time of her life. This school does not do an overnight 5th grade trip. :( It surprised and disappointed me. But luckily everything else about the school has been fantastic.

Posted March 14, 2013

Yesterday's negative post could not be any further from the truth! Sounds like a parent who is not getting his or her way! The staff, from administration, to teachers, to support all give 110% for the students of Still. Many teachers put in 12 hour days and meet on the weekends to make sure that their lessons are the best they can be. The Principal is truly an advocate for the kids and keeps the spirit and atmosphere of the building positive!

Posted March 13, 2013

Fantastic teachers, very well run. Teachers are advocates for the students. Great scores and I see students very involved in their studies. Seems to be a shinning school among others in the area.

Posted March 12, 2013

Not a fan. Lackluster teachers and incapable administration. Glad we're finished with Still. Look at surrounding schools before enrolling here!

Posted March 7, 2012

The school is great. We have a second grader who has been at Still since Kindergarten. We've had our ups and downs; I've notice the only time we have difficulties is when I don't provide enough time communicating with the teacher and homework time with my daughter. It's important to have parent envolvement and a supportive relationship with the teachers. It's an excellent community to raise a family. The school is one of the reasons we picked our home.

Posted June 28, 2010

I am a substitute teacher for Cobb county Schools. I have subbed numerous times at Still, and I think that this school has a lot to offer. Most of the teachers I have interacted with seem caring and the kids are well behaved. I don't know about the administration, but the PTA seems to be very hands on. Overall, I would be happy to send my own child here!

Posted May 7, 2010

Check the dates, any glowing reviews on here are about the prior administration. The new administration struggle to handle everyday school activities. No real vision. Kids just prep for the CRCT test. Teacher morale is low. A couple of great teachers, the rest should retirel All I can say is a school is judged by the principal. Hint-hint. You've been warned.

Posted May 31, 2009

I think Still is a great school. There is plenty of parent involvement which is great and the new principal makes sure she is seen and not just in her office. The school has a family feel about it, not the normal sterile feel that you get in many schools. My daughter came from a very small school and I was worried about the transition, but she has done great and really loves it here. The teacher she had this past year was wonderful and I'm looking forward to more years here at this school.

Posted March 6, 2009

My son has been at still for 2 years now. It has been a bad experience both years and can't wait for the end of the school year to transfer him to private school. The teachers do nothing but complain about his behavior, but when asked about his academics, he's a straight A student. How does a straight A student cause so much rucus in a classroom without falling behind somewhere. Not a pleasant environment for all.

Posted September 12, 2008

This is our second year at Still.. we have been so impressed with the staff and love the parent involvement... we will be here for several more years!

Posted July 9, 2008

my son has been here going on 4 years great school.

Posted June 10, 2008

My daughter and son attended Still this year coming from being in private school all their lives. I was really worried about the transition, but I must say that I know that my husband and I made the right move. My daughter had loving teachers ( Ms Gabrielle and Ms Jones) who helped my daughter through some learning challenges. I love Still>

Posted November 15, 2007

My daughter has been at Still for 5 years now. We have had nothing but a positive experience the whole time. We have always had excellent teachers, and there is a strong family atmosphere at the school. Class sizes are good (we've had as few as 11 kids in a class, up to 24). The administration is fabulous! I wouldn't be anywhere else.

Posted July 7, 2007

My child attended Still Elementary for 5 years. Overall the Principal's leadership was good. Teacher quality varied pretty widely - we were lucky enough to have excellent teachers. Zero extracurricular activities other than Scouts. Parent involvement was high while we were there. Safety and discipline were excellent. No bullying policy was strictly enforced. Overall grade = B.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

127 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

120 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

121 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

120 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

155 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

870 Casteel Rd