Powder Springs, GA

Still Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2014
This is our second year at Still. Overall, we are quite pleased. Administration is very involved and communicative, and for the most part the teachers are fantastic - very involved and wanting to work towards making the kids be the best they can be. If I had to find an area to fault, it would be the music program. My children *hate* their music class, and they are music lovers to the core! I asked them why and they said that the teacher is mean and that most of the time class involves marching around the classroom the entire period. The music teacher seems to be very easily irritated by children and sets up arbitrary "rules" for her class that make no sense (the latest on is that kids apparently are not allowed to wear knee socks to class. Very strange). In all, great school, but the music program needs work.

Posted March 25, 2014
The Assistant Principal at Still has been wonderful to our kids and very accommodating to us parents! Job well done!

Still Elementary School 3

Posted March 24, 2014
Still is a good school overall. One of my children was bullied for 2 years - actually being hit. The principle never called me. The assistant principle only called after I called multiple times. I was told the other parents were contacted to find out that it never happened. I saw the parent at an event, they had no idea what had occurred. I don't have much trust since then. I saw one little boy one day that was telling a friend he got hit in the head with a rock at recess. Teachers need to watch the kids more closely at recess - period! They need to get more proactive about bullying, with seminars or guests to come in and talk to the kids...they can do more. Kids will be kids, but kids should be safe.

Posted February 09, 2014
We have two boys at Still and a third starting next year. The teachers have been fantastic, very caring, close to the students and they have passion to see my kids grow and learn. The parents are involved and willing to give their time and resources. We are very happy at Still!

Posted October 09, 2013
Still has been amazing! Both of my kiddos have learning disabilities and they have made great strides there. They truly care about the needs of my kids.

Posted September 25, 2013
Excellent school with a lot of parent involvement. My daughter came in at 1st grade and now is in 5th. What is great is how her 4th school teacher, who she loved, is her 5th. That is by design. The school has automated phone messages for special events, a newsletter, a message system, etc. to keep parents in the loop. If there is any concern its security as this is an older campus and not designed like new schools are (like a prison) to help ensure safety.

Posted September 24, 2013
We moved to Still this year, and up until now, my daughter has been at one of Cobb County's top schools (rated 10) from K-4th grade. So I was very nervous to switch her since we LOVED her old school. I have been very pleased with the administration, they are very involved, friendly and helpful. Her teacher is amazing, we both just love her. They do an excellent job of leading and empowering the kids to do well on their own. My ONLY disappointment so far has been that she has been looking forward to her 5th grade trip since she was in 1st grade, when her big sister went out of town for her 5th grade trip and had the time of her life. This school does not do an overnight 5th grade trip. :( It surprised and disappointed me. But luckily everything else about the school has been fantastic.

Posted March 14, 2013
Yesterday's negative post could not be any further from the truth! Sounds like a parent who is not getting his or her way! The staff, from administration, to teachers, to support all give 110% for the students of Still. Many teachers put in 12 hour days and meet on the weekends to make sure that their lessons are the best they can be. The Principal is truly an advocate for the kids and keeps the spirit and atmosphere of the building positive!

Posted March 13, 2013
Fantastic teachers, very well run. Teachers are advocates for the students. Great scores and I see students very involved in their studies. Seems to be a shinning school among others in the area.

Still Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2013
Not a fan. Lackluster teachers and incapable administration. Glad we're finished with Still. Look at surrounding schools before enrolling here!

Still Elementary School
870 Casteel Rd, Powder Springs, GA  30127
Last modified Still Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Still Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top