Posted August 17, 2014
Hendricks is a first rate school. The district elementary teacher of the year teaches 2nd grade at Hendricks. Mrs. Knight is amazing. Her love for learning and teaching inspires her students and fellow teachers every day. The school has plenty of clubs and activities. The test scores are very high despite challenges. Ms. M in first and Mrs. Knight in 2nd have been incredible teachers for my child.

Posted November 17, 2013
This is a really great school and it should rate much higher! I currently have a daughter enrolled here in 1st grade and I had a daughter go through 3 years at this school when our was only 2-5 and I really believe she gained her love and spark for school here. Most of the teachers are extremely caring and genuinely strive to make your child a success. Mr. Dills is amazing and makes the school better everyday. Mrs Stein and Mrs sliger in the kindergarten staff made my daughters transition into learning last year so easy. The school does lack in parent involvement, but the PTA and volunteers they do have really try. I am sincerely in love with this school and pitty the people that cant look past the area its located in or the title one status.

Posted January 29, 2013
Response to post on Jan 21, 2013 rated 1 star...My child is a first year student at this newly. A school & PTA are only as strong as the parents. With nearly 600 students only a few parents volunteer & are truly involved. Are you a PTA member, have you volunteered or reached out to the PTA? The PTA @ the school is a new growing PTA & needs the support of more parents. I have a 3rd grader, this is the 2nd year here (come from private school) & the teachers, staff & administration have been very receptive and responsive. My child is learning, performs well & is involved in activities including the Target (gifted) program. I have also showed my support and volunteer. I wanted to move my child to another school in the district that is thought to be great, but CCSD does not offer school choice unless your school is a low performer and this school performs. Not as well as some of the higher rated schools, but those schools also have more parents that are involved. Teachers, staff & administration tend to be more excited & involved when parents are as well. I ve taken on the attitude of the best way to get your child into a great school is to make the one you are in great .

Hendricks Elementary School 1

Posted January 21, 2013
My child is a first year student at this newly named school (2012-2013). Since day one, although everyone is nice, I have been nothing but disappointed. From the prinicipal on down no one is accountable for their actions. (with the exception of the nurse who is a jewel). The PTA is a joke. There is poor communication. Notification that is sent home is last minute- 1 day in advance usually. I am not proud of the blue ribbon award. This means that the school went from sub par to close to par. I will be actively looking for a new school for the fall. I do not recommend this school. I had to lower my expectations to keep from pulling out my hair.

Posted June 04, 2012
Under-rated by Great Schools. Deserves no < 8. Teachers & students do a great job. Students perform @ or above average on county and state test consistently. The area where the school lacks is parent/community involvement. Teachers & administration care, but need the parents help. This was the principal's first year & I can say he was visible. I have 1 child that attended 2010-11 school for 1st time & I was pleased w/ extra curricular and "special" class that were offered. The teachers were approachable and helpful. The next year 2011-12 my next child attended, but some of the activities were missing due to one teacher retiring, another let go due to budget cuts and parents not stepping in to fill gaps. There is an active PTA, but it is a small core group of really involved parents who can not carry the entire school. Parents have to understand they really can make a difference in their local school. The school has seen changes the last 4 yrs and it will see more change next year with the addition of K-1st grades and a new name. Administration, faculty, staff & parents, community leaders & businesses have ban together to make this a fun yet challenging learning environment. PTA!

Posted May 05, 2010

Posted January 26, 2010
I am very pleased with the progress that this school has made. I was a bit apprehensive when my gifted child was to attend here, but it seems that they are really making strives to make sure that the higher achiever is not too bored in class. More work needs to be done, but definitely a step in the right direction.

Posted December 15, 2009

Posted September 29, 2009
This school not only excells academically but also has a good heart : 1/2 of the Clarkdale Elementary students were moved to Austell Intermediate and were welcome with open arms. Now that's what I call a School of Excellence!

Posted September 23, 2009
All 4 of my children have gone there, and I have been very pleased with both yeacher involvement with students, as well as Principal involvement with parents. Great work guys!!

Hendricks Elementary School
5243 Meadows Rd, Powder Springs, GA  30127
Last modified Hendricks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hendricks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top