Posted May 09, 2014
The school excells in history english classes science classes but mathemati is where the school fall teachers are disorganized and looses papes teaache dont blieve studens when they say it not helping o he teachers act poorl some have a unintellagable accents other then that the school is great

Mceachern High School 2

Posted April 22, 2014
I wish I could say GREAT things about McEachern High ... out side of football though ... there is not a lot of good to say. Academically McEachern is anemic at best. Teachers are not empowered and really do not have the committed, regular support of the administration, and the counselors are really poor. If your child goes here, and you wish for them to get a decent education ... make sure you put them in Honors or higher. Regular courses are filled with kids who just don't care and as mentioned earlier ... the teachers can't do anything about it. Freshman orientation is a waste of time, this is the Principles oppty to tell you all that she believes in ... but does not back up with action. If your child plays a sport other than Football ... I'd take a big pass on this school again. Bottom line ... If you are looking to buy a home in the McEachern school district ... spend a little more, or rent in the Hillgrove district. Until we get a principle who is more than a disconneted paper pusher ... things will only get worse. Again ... Not a bad education experience IF you keep to honors and higher.

Posted April 05, 2014
My daughter has been in Cobb County School system since kindergarten . In May she will go into the 12 grade at McEachern. It is a BIG school but our experience had been great. The most important aspect if any school is safety first. When the kids feel safe they can absorb what the teachers have to offer .

Mceachern High School 5

Posted August 24, 2013
I must say, we have been more than pleased with this school. Was concerned with the number of enrolled students, but the spirit is high and quality attention is right on point. Kids are happy and have great friends and mentors here. Love it!

Posted September 30, 2011
I love this school, my child transferred from a private, christian school due to the illegal activities at her previous school - and she is doing phenomenal at McEachern! The teacher's respond quickly to her questions and it is a great learning environment.

Posted August 24, 2010
This school is quite frankly a joke. Academics are horrible, staff involvement is minimal ... but it is the substandard parental support that is the root cause for this schools demise. If the parents would take action and not allow the principle and staff to get away with substandard practices ... this school might once again be as good as it once was 15 years ago.

Mceachern High School 3

Posted July 02, 2010
My years at Mceachern were dynamic. Besides the obvious 'cliques' formed amongst my peers, the blatant racism on campus is what kept me from being a proud 'Indian.' I witnessed a teacher justify the actions of the police officers in the Jena 6, saying that the six black students deserved their criminal sentences. Several of my former teachers fed into pre-existing stereotypes about blacks, using terms like 'ghetto-talk' and stating that 'black boys don't like to show their intelligence.' I heard white students refer to their friends as 'their 'n****s,'' poking fun at Black History Month, and insulting then-canidate Barack Obama because of his race. It's like I was living in the 1960s. Besides the racism, my guidance counselor was less than supportive of my ambitions to attend an out-of-state school. Since everyone went to the same schools like GA Southern and GA State, it...

Mceachern High School 2

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted December 01, 2009

Mceachern High School
2400 New MacLand Rd, Powder Springs, GA  30127
Last modified Mceachern High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mceachern High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top