Powder Springs, GA

Posted March 16, 2015
More parents need to get involved, otherwise its a great school and I love that my daughters attend.

Compton Elementary School 5

Posted February 12, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about this school! Because since 2013 til now all i can say are good things about it! This school has always made me feel welcome compare to other schools we have been too. So far all the teachers my daughters have had have really taught them alot and we also have to keep in mind that parental involvement is also the key to continue guiding your child to be successful in life we can't blame the teachers and staff, when we all have to work as a team to get our child where we want them to be! And til this date my daughters teachers have also given me all that support to also guide me on how to also help my daughters at home in areas they are having trouble with. My kids couldnt be in a better place than in Compton Elementary! A big shout out to all teachers n staff for all they do for our kids!

Posted August 25, 2014
My children have been going to Compton for the last 12 years and during this time I have had great experiences. Liz Murphy does a great job with the parents and the teachers my children have had have been great. Haskins, Ballenger, Luttrell, Hamilton, Carey, Brown...great teachers. The only reason for not giving a 5 star rating is that some of these great teachers are no longer there. The have a great drama team that heads of great performances with the students. How the rating is that low is beyond me.

Posted July 30, 2014
I was weary about sending my kids here. With such bad reviews. At the end of the day any school is as good as your parental involvement. If parents are not involved in your kids schools then the rating is always going to be low. This school tries very hard to go above and beyond. From Movie nights, school dances, end of year field trips, Target (the gifted program for Cobb county) the school rocks. Sure there are things they could improve upon like that rude lady at the front desk, but the school as a whole is great. I've had three kids attend this school. One of them went years ago when it had a much higher rating but the experience has been the same. Will still had a kid there this school year 2014-2015.

Posted June 23, 2014
most of my time here has been great. My son plays baseball at the local park. He has a few of his teachers go out of there way to come watch him play on there own time. Even the Assistant Principal came to watch him.

Compton Elementary School 2

Posted March 27, 2014
Do your kid a favor and send them somewhere else! There are only a few good teachers here. About 1 per grade level. Pretty unfortunate odds that your child will get one that doesn't care much about your family. There's an extreme lack of parental involvement at this school, but you can't blame the parents too much..the principle and secretary go to great lengths to discourage any kind of parental involvement. The PTA is run solely by staff, which is not how it should be! It should be 50/50 staff and parents. For the sake of this school, I certainly hope they get a new principle soon. The current one has no idea what she's doing and needs to step away from her post.

Posted May 21, 2012
Possibly THE worst school ever! My daughter attend Compton K back in 2010-2011 school year coming from a wonderful school which had her as a star student. In one school year Compton managed to not only slow down her progress, but also managed to put her in the EIP program which followed her to the next schools she is attending now. With the No child left behind law and Compton's failing to meet CRCT scores for four years straight. The Board of Education allowed her to transfer to a wonderful school of our choice and she is doing so wonderful there, even getting out of that EIP program. Sadly to say under the same B.O.E rules along with transportation, busing will not be available for her this 2012-2013 school year, so it's either take her to and from her wonderful school or send her back to Compton where busing would be available so, we definitely chose to commute back and forth everyday for the next year rather than send her back to Compton. If you don't have a choice, find one and if there is no choice...make one and please, do not send your child to a school that doesn't care! "A CONCERNED PARENT!!!!!!!!"

Posted November 04, 2011
Totally hate this school.....they treat the kids by the color of their skin. If you ever in Compton zone...MOVE! Education is not first, they are not fair and the Principal doesnt get involved in anything! This school is the the WORSE! There are some good teachers, but the Admin is horrible...

Posted October 23, 2011
This school was a total nightmare. I had my special needs son at this school, and it was obvious from the start that the principal and administrator did not want to be bothered with my son. My son has Autism, and they never had a routine in place for my son from the first day of school. Because of this my son would have very, very mild outburst, which they labeled as "disrupting the class". It also didnt help that this school is on the needs improvemnent list for special needs education. The principal went so far as to try to prove that we didnt live in the district, but never got proof. The principal even sent a sheriff and a social worker to our address to see if we lived there, while telling us that this is "normal" practice. I had to put my son in a new school to get him away from this. I would not recommend this school to anyone, especially to a family with a special needs child.

Compton Elementary School 5

Posted January 31, 2011
I love this school. The teachers and administration are very approachable. They have a very good and involved PTSA. The coaches are very committed in every sport. Also a good mix of kids.

Compton Elementary School
3450 New Macland Rd, Powder Springs, GA  30127
Last modified Compton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Compton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top