Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I wish there were a way to give this school less starts as in negative stars. I hate this school. They are so unkind to parents or any kind of involvement from parents. The only saving grace for my child this year was the teacher. She was sweet and the only reason this school year was some what bearable. The staff makes it difficult to have any kind of parent involvement. The scores are awful, I feel like there is no concern for actual education for the children unless your child is lucky enough to get a good teacher(which are few and far between at this school). If you care about your child and their education please redistrict them. Check the ranking it is awful. This school needs to be overhauled, gutted and restaffed.

Wow. I don't know where to start. The principal is clueless but will defend the horrible staff even when they are flat out WRONG! The only reason I gave 2 stars instead of 1 because there are very few good teachers that genuinely care, its unfortunate that they have to work at that school. The principal and school portrayed themselves as welcoming but the minute you try to get involved, a wall goes up and parents are shut out. The school's idea of parent involvement is volunteering to copy paper and reshelf books in the media center. Compton ES does NOT care about their students (b/c as I was told by the staff, "the school has too many kids to handle") or families. They have NO hint of what it means to be an educator or a community. Send your child(ren) somewhere else.

More parents need to get involved, otherwise its a great school and I love that my daughters attend.

I have nothing bad to say about this school! Because since 2013 til now all i can say are good things about it! This school has always made me feel welcome compare to other schools we have been too. So far all the teachers my daughters have had have really taught them alot and we also have to keep in mind that parental involvement is also the key to continue guiding your child to be successful in life we can't blame the teachers and staff, when we all have to work as a team to get our child where we want them to be! And til this date my daughters teachers have also given me all that support to also guide me on how to also help my daughters at home in areas they are having trouble with. My kids couldnt be in a better place than in Compton Elementary! A big shout out to all teachers n staff for all they do for our kids!

My children have been going to Compton for the last 12 years and during this time I have had great experiences. Liz Murphy does a great job with the parents and the teachers my children have had have been great. Haskins, Ballenger, Luttrell, Hamilton, Carey, Brown...great teachers. The only reason for not giving a 5 star rating is that some of these great teachers are no longer there. The have a great drama team that heads of great performances with the students. How the rating is that low is beyond me.

I was weary about sending my kids here. With such bad reviews. At the end of the day any school is as good as your parental involvement. If parents are not involved in your kids schools then the rating is always going to be low. This school tries very hard to go above and beyond. From Movie nights, school dances, end of year field trips, Target (the gifted program for Cobb county) the school rocks. Sure there are things they could improve upon like that rude lady at the front desk, but the school as a whole is great. I've had three kids attend this school. One of them went years ago when it had a much higher rating but the experience has been the same. Will still had a kid there this school year 2014-2015.

most of my time here has been great. My son plays baseball at the local park. He has a few of his teachers go out of there way to come watch him play on there own time. Even the Assistant Principal came to watch him.

Do your kid a favor and send them somewhere else! There are only a few good teachers here. About 1 per grade level. Pretty unfortunate odds that your child will get one that doesn't care much about your family. There's an extreme lack of parental involvement at this school, but you can't blame the parents too much..the principle and secretary go to great lengths to discourage any kind of parental involvement. The PTA is run solely by staff, which is not how it should be! It should be 50/50 staff and parents. For the sake of this school, I certainly hope they get a new principle soon. The current one has no idea what she's doing and needs to step away from her post.

Possibly THE worst school ever! My daughter attend Compton K back in 2010-2011 school year coming from a wonderful school which had her as a star student. In one school year Compton managed to not only slow down her progress, but also managed to put her in the EIP program which followed her to the next schools she is attending now. With the No child left behind law and Compton's failing to meet CRCT scores for four years straight. The Board of Education allowed her to transfer to a wonderful school of our choice and she is doing so wonderful there, even getting out of that EIP program. Sadly to say under the same B.O.E rules along with transportation, busing will not be available for her this 2012-2013 school year, so it's either take her to and from her wonderful school or send her back to Compton where busing would be available so, we definitely chose to commute back and forth everyday for the next year rather than send her back to Compton. If you don't have a choice, find one and if there is no choice...make one and please, do not send your child to a school that doesn't care! "A CONCERNED PARENT!!!!!!!!"

Totally hate this school.....they treat the kids by the color of their skin. If you ever in Compton zone...MOVE! Education is not first, they are not fair and the Principal doesnt get involved in anything! This school is the the WORSE! There are some good teachers, but the Admin is horrible...

Last modified Compton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.