Posted December 14, 2014
I LOVE the school and the kindergarten teachers are the best. My sons 5th grade teacher is also AWESOME!!! From the principal on down they are AWESOME!!!

Posted September 10, 2013
Great Principal & dedicated teachers in place at this school!!! They face a lot of challenges I'm sure, but they so in an effective & pleasant manner!! The teachers my son has had, have really cared about his well being.

Posted September 09, 2013
I know this school is student orientated with small group help. The teachers are well versed n their specialty who give special attention to students needing the help. The principal is dedicated to give the students the best education possible, I am the Mother of one of the teachers. I have observed how this school uses its meager resources to help all of it students learn with the best possible technical help.

Powder Springs Elementary School 1

Posted May 30, 2012
The front office employee are rude ,then when you bless them out like I did they want to run and go tell they can dish it out but cant take it, I was apologetic about it after fact ,but for one of them I was asked by Mrs.Mitchell would I please apologize because Terri was so upset, then principal sends me a threatening letter that if it happens again cobb count y police will be involved, this school is horrible will allow anybody to teach and work with children , I understand Mrs. Mitchell will not be principal she will be at a new school , I pity the school she will be over they are in for a culture shock and a rude awakening because she is off the meter I feel more for the children. I hope she never makes AYP at any school for as long as she principal anywhere.

Powder Springs Elementary School 2

Posted November 06, 2011
Powder Springs suffers from a lack of communication. The administration seems to have the right heart and perspective on things, but it does not translate into action. As a parent, I am regularly informed of things at the last minute, and often find out about things after the fact. We spoke with the principal about a problem with a teacher, but nothing was done. The next year (4th grade) a passive-aggressive teacher was chosen, who regularly tried to extract information from my child and other students. Again, nothing was done, but we were to be done with her at the end of the year. As a teacher, I understand the difficulties that other teachers may face. However, lack of communication is never acceptable.

Powder Springs Elementary School 2

Posted November 23, 2010
PSE has slowly gone down the tubes. I have a child enrolled now, and this is his third year. My older child was also in this school. Except for the new assistant principal and a handful of other staff this is one of the most unfriendliest schools I have ever seen. Many of the staff are down right rude, and I have witnessed some being very harsh with the students. There are a lot of behavioral problems, but there is a better way to handle disruptive students. I wish my son could attend a different school.

Powder Springs Elementary School 1

Posted December 11, 2008
This is my son s first year and he attends this school, so far I m not satisfied with the response from the leadership and procedures. I don't deny that my son is active and likes attention, but magnifying every action to suspend him is hard for me to understand. Instead of coming up with an positive policy that will help develop good social skills on how they will interpret the first years of school and interaction with other children is confusing to me. It has gotten to the point where he feels the staff at the school just wants to get him in trouble. Except the assistant principle because he socialize and communicate well with children so my son trusts him and will trust his opinions. When you are in a position that will affect develping minds of impressionable childern, it is cirtical everyone handle situations accordlingly.

Powder Springs Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2008
This is my daughters second year at PSE and she loves it. Last year, she had a wonderful Kindergarten teacher and this year seems to be the same. Several parents have confirmed that my daughter has been blessed with a great set of instructors yet again. Ms. Mitchell is very personally and approachable and I like that in a principal. I have to disagree with the other parents about Mr. Childress. He is very friendly and based on the kids response they love him. I try to stay periodically throughout the year and join my daughter for breakfast. The only complaint I have this year happened the first day when PSE had pizza on the menu for breakfast. Other than that, I expect this year to be a great year. Keep up the good work PSE!

Powder Springs Elementary School 0

Posted June 11, 2008
This was my son's first year at Powder Springs. I have to say that we had a very pleasant year. His teacher was great. If I had any concerns she worked with us to resolve them. My son learned so much this year, thanks to his teacher Mrs. Schatz and the Powder Springs Staff. Everyone there made us feel very welcome, down to the janitors. We had a great experience this year and hope it continues through my son fifth grade year.

Posted November 28, 2007

Powder Springs Elementary School
4570 Grady Grier Dr, Powder Springs, GA  30127
Last modified Powder Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Powder Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top