Powder Springs, GA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 28, 2014
TCA has an amazing group of staff and parents who have shown that they will go above and beyond to make sure the students have what they need!! My kids were loved, taught by excellent teachers and have great memories of TCA.

Posted April 28, 2014
TCA is a wonderful school full of great teachers and wonderful staff. It has been pure joy working with such an amazing team!

Posted February 03, 2014
What a wonderful place to send your kids. We moved from Nashville, TN nearly 5 years ago. When we initially started looking for schools for our daughter, we knew the large class sizes in our local public schools would not serve our daughter well. In addition, my daughter loves God. She could not imagine learning and spending time with her friends without mentioning how good He is and listening to her teachers proclaim the same as well. When we came to TCA, it was the environment we were looking for. I feel great knowing that my daughter is growing spiritually, mentally and emotionally. Despite changes in leadership, I feel TCA is moving in the right direction and God's vision is being fullfilled. The teachers genuinely love what they do but most importantly love our children. They pray over them and our school, which creates an environmental of love, acceptance and forgiveness. I marvel at how my little girl is turning into a beautiful woman of God. There is no other place I would want to send my children.

Posted January 21, 2014
Trinity Chapel Academy is an excellent school that cares about the students. I can only say that it healed the hurt of public middle school. Now, my son is a thriving high student and loves school. What was broken was fix at TCA. ITBS scores are higher than that of the surrounding schools. they are not perfect in the least but for me it was exactly what I needed for my son to be successful

Posted June 27, 2013
Trinity Chapel Academy is not good. You should ask about the financial soundness of this school. What major events happened during 2012-2013? How much did the enrollment drop during 2012-2013? How many administrators and teachers left or were terminated during the 2012-2013 school year? How are ITBS scores for the students? Who is the principal for Middle and High School? How long have they been in that position? How many math and english teachers do they have for grades 6-12? Is the High School format changing due to low enrollment? When was that decision made? My son attended TCA for 7 years and public school for 2 years. When TCA encountered financial hardship, changes were made, a plan was presented, a promise of transparency was made, and we decided to stay the course. The promises are not being kept. There is no transparency! The accounting department personnel are EXTREMELY inefficient. April 2013, I asked why parents were not told that the plan was not being followed as presented. Response: any communication would have been more negative than positive. My account was incorrect for 13 months! ITBS scores are low. Be aware. Talk to parents who left.

Trinity Chapel Academy 2

Posted August 12, 2012
My student has attended public school and TCA. By comparison, the public school teachers challenged the students more. Be very careful to ask questions about math placement. Also, most of the middle school homework grades are for completion only which has taught my student to just put an answer on the paper and you can still get a 100. The 100's look great in gradebook but it is not teaching the students to do their best and strive for correctness the first time. The middle school principle is defensive, makes examples out of students in class, and does not verify information before assuring parents that she is correct. She does not expect her staff to keep deadlines that have been set.. However, if a student turns in late HW, it is not accepted. She has not built an environment of trust between faculty, students, and parents. Prospective parents should also know that in middle school, your student is likely to have the same math and english teacher for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. This is only great is the teacher is great. If your student is falling behind on standardized tests in math or english, there is no help for next year as it is the same teacher.

Posted October 04, 2011
Had my child at TCA for two years. This year my child is in public school. What a difference academically! The instruction as well as the Georgia public school standards are superior to what TCA offers. My child is being challenged academically in a ways not received at TCA. As a parent, one needs to ask specific questions regarding curricula. At least be sure TCA is competitve with public schools. I have found they are not.

Posted September 30, 2011
This is the best school that my children have ever attended. The teachers are exciting and very knowledgeable, the curriculum superb and the headmaster is exceptional. My children were previously in public school and after spending several years at TCA, they are both at the top of their class. If you want an excellent education for your child, TCA, is the school for you!

Posted August 18, 2011
TCA is an amazing school for children to learn and increase in all areas-academically, spiritually, socially. The teachers and staff are very caring and they set high standards for the children to meet and exceed. It's like the old saying you get what you put into something. If you put forth excellence it will return. I really see a return of excellence from my children who attend TCA. Great job TCA keep up the good work!!

Posted June 01, 2011
This school does not measure up to other private schools in Cobb. Lovely exterior, but that's the extent of it. School's test scores were horribly low last year. Not enough emphasis placed on academics. Teachers at various grade levels are non challant and do not encourage children towards success. Do YOUR homework before you put your child here!

Trinity Chapel Academy