Posted July 23, 2014
Our daughter has been attending A Step Ahead for about two years now. She started when she was about 18 months. We immediately noticed a dramatic improvement in her ability cognitive abilities. During her time there, she's developed a very good grasp on counting, colors, shapes, animals and all the other skills that you'd hope for in your child. All of that is understandable once we interacted with her teachers and the staff. They've been friendly, professional and genuinely caring about the welfare of all the children. I believe their motto is "It Takes A Village." The staff seems to really take that to heart. But all of that starts at the top with the owners, the Killins'. They're both very visible and involved in ensuring that the high standards are met. I've found them to be very friendly in that they can often be seen greeting the parents when they come in and then spending a few minutes chatting with them. It's seemingly a minor thing but it I feel that it says a lot. Simply put, we've had nothing but positive experiences working with the staff and owners at A Step Ahead and would readily recommend them to other parents!

Posted April 03, 2014
This school is truly the paradigm of the community and Schools as a whole as it pertains to early learning which is the foundation of child's education. They excell in excellence of education having a global vision that will prepare children to be leaders. My son attends this wonderful establishment and my other son went there for 2 years. The nurturing, professional teachers make it conducive for any child to be eager to learn. The staff is very parent friendly allowing an interactive, comforting, hands on approach. If you are serious about making sure your early learner receives a solid foundation in education...Look no further A Step Ahead Learning Center is the best!

A Step Ahead Learning Center 1

Posted March 26, 2014
Do not attempt to even go to this school. Owners ae very money hungry and do not care about the children. Teachers are unhappy well. I put my concerns in writing to them and in return I was treated very rudely and unfairly. I also was told that my child cannot attend their school anymore due to my concerns. If you are not a part of their clique, they will treat you like dirt. Kids are always cramped into rooms and not enough teachers to watch them. The owners never speak and they act like they are so high class when they are not. They should not be allowed to operate a school the way they carry on. Please shop around before going to this school. It is a ripoff and they are not the most popular in that area. There are excellent schools out there but this one is definitely not one of them.

Posted December 03, 2013
I love what I hear my daughter recite. At 4 years old, she is very proficient with her sight words, sings songs about Jesus, and tells me good things about her teachers.

Posted April 19, 2013
My daughter attends this learning center and I am happy with her experience thus far. The teachers love the kids and my daughter knows it and she shares it at age 2. My daughter is engaged here and exposed to different things and at this age it's so important that she is able to use every sense of her being to learn through exploration. ASA allows this to occur. The facility is clean, the employees are courteous and helpful. I feel good knowing that my child is in very capable hands. The owners are hands on and visual and have employed a knowledgeable, loving staff and possess a clean, secure, well kept building and each of these things is why my daughter is enrolled. I hope that nothing changes drastically as she moves up into the older classes.

Posted April 12, 2013
My son attends this school, and he's in good hands. His teachers take care of him very well. They are exposing him to academics. The school is run by two passionate owners. I would recommend A Step Ahead to any prospective parent.

Posted August 27, 2012
I am a parent with a child who attended for a short time in the fall of 2011. I experienced a misunderstanding upon withdrawal and realized that this isolated incident should not have been my overall rating of the school. I am very fortunate that the Killeens were understanding and accepted my daughter this summer into their preschool. I am so please with the learning and growth that she has gained while only attending for a short period of time. I hope to relocate to the GA area next year and we will definitely have our daughter attedning Kindergarten 2013.

Posted July 17, 2012
My daughter attended this school for 1 year (from 1 1/2-2 1/2) and in that time she definitely progressed far beyond my imagination. I found the educational programs for their toddlers to be well developed and the teachers to be attentive and progressive. They were always trying new things and my child really enjoyed the engagement. I loved seeing what they were working on each week (through all the projects sent home), and especially enjoyed the other elements the school provided (like a Christmas program, etc.). It was important to identify those qualities in their teachers, because I don't know that they had graduate degrees (at least not in the toddler classes, the first grade teacher seemed like she may, but I didn't have a child in her class), but I never felt like that affected the quality of what my child was learning. Quite the opposite, I felt the toddler (1 & 2 y.o.) teachers went above and beyond in their lesson plans. On the administrative end, there were some things I think could have been handled differently, but I will say that when I brought my concerns to the owners, both were attentive and seemed willing to address them in a way that was satisfactory for me.

Posted April 17, 2012
I am a former employee of A Step Ahead learning center, this is not only a wonderful place for children to learn but the community of staff and owners was wonderful! I watch many children grow and excel with the programs they have in place. I have recommended several families to ASA and if I lived close enough there's no doubt that my children would be in attendance.

Posted September 27, 2010
My daughter is now 4 and a half years old and has been attending the preschool since age 23 months. I absolutely love the teachers and the curriculum used. They create a wonderful learning environment for my child. I think the best thing about the school is how quickly they helped potty train my daughter and never even charged me extra for her not being potty trained by age 2. I believe my daughter has a strong foundation in education which will help prepare her for the public school system next year. The environment is very clean and the staff is very professional.

A Step Ahead Learning Center
340 Wilkerson Road, Rex, GA  30273
(678) 565-1910
Last modified A Step Ahead Learning Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
A Step Ahead Learning Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top