Posted June 23, 2014
I agree to the latest parent post. It is disappointing that the kids cannot give out invites that well in fact, the only friends our kids have are at school! and they aren't allowed to give birthday invitations. I am not sure how to bring this up. I have asked parents and they don't know how to address this issue. 4 stars for Teachers, Assistants Teachers only. The office needs to re visit public relations training. And if the principal reads this, please post why the behavior of office staff is overflowing with negative reviews.

Posted May 28, 2014
For academics and teaching staff, I give RHPS 5 stars. What others have said about an unfriendly office atmosphere is correct. It seems like its a bother for them if parents come in. -If your child has a birthday during the school year, the children are not allowed to hand out invites and the teachers aren't either. I don't care what their reasons are, an invitation is just that, if the recipient or parent does not want their phone # out there then they don't have to call or respond to the invitation, there is not breach of confidential information by quietly putting a party invitation into a child's folder to take home. -Visiting (dropping in on) your child's class is not allowed, UNLESS you watch a volunteering video, then you can "pop in" and see how things are going. I was told there are just too many parents that would visit and it would interrupt the class. But don't worry about them doing a background check to become a volunteer either, cause they don't bother with them. -Starting late can make it difficult to get to know the teacher and their routines and ways of communicating with parents. Finding a way to include parents would help them feel more like partners.

Richmond Hill Primary School 1

Posted May 06, 2014
This school is so unfriendly to parents. I hate visiting the school and/or going to school events.

Posted February 08, 2014
Our children were final able to get into the Bryan County School system thanks to the principal at Richmond Hill Elementary. We have a contact on a house and was closing in a month. I can say my daughter loves RHPS now that she is here and here teacher is great.

Richmond Hill Primary School 2

Posted February 07, 2014
RHPS has been extremely disappointing to our family. Primarily the leadership is poor and the administration is very rude. It is an unpleasant place to visit, because the principal sets a negative attitude toward parents and isn't a good leader. The students test well because the teachers are told to teach only "to the test", which makes for a great deal of unhappy and unfulfilled teachers. Morale is very low at the school and it negatively affects the students and the parents. I am looking forward to moving out of this school.

Richmond Hill Primary School 5

Posted January 19, 2014
This is an excellent school who is very supportive of military families. My son loved going here! The administration and teachers are very supportive and understanding of children with special needs (ADHD). I was very sad when my son had to move up to the elementary school! We loved it there!

Posted December 29, 2013
We moved to the Savannah Metro Area in August 2012, and we chose to move RH, because of the reputation of the school system as recommended by Gulfstream colleagues. We now have a son in PK and though we were apprehensive about throwing him into full-day PK, he has really enjoyed it. At 22 students, the class does feel a little crowded, even with a teaching assistant. That being said, teachers appear to exercise a good deal of control in the classroom. That same level of control, when applied to lunchtime, does seem a little oppressive. Students are admonished to stay seated and to remain quiet, and I'm just not certain how children are supposed to work off some of their excess energy. I would not advocate allowing them to run amuck in the cafeteria, but I would feel better if they were allowed to speak at a volume greater than a whisper. At the Pre-K Center, I find it interesting that there is not the same level of entry area security present in the K-1 and RH Elementary School buildings.

Richmond Hill Primary School 1

Posted November 03, 2013
I must say, the office workers at this school are difficult, to say the least. They are rude, not willing to help and seem to not know the answers to any questions asked!

Richmond Hill Primary School 5

Posted October 22, 2013
My son has Aspergers Syndrom and ADHD which made starting school a very scary experience. The staff and administration went above and beyond to make sure my son was well taken care of and we, as parents, were well informed. He has been there for 2 years now and is making great grades in a mainstream class.

Posted October 05, 2011
My son has done very well at RHPS. The teachers really seem to care about the students and the curriculum seems well rounded. The problem I have with the school is the office secretaries. They are very rude and condescending to parents so much so that I dread having to deal with them. I am not alone with my assessment of the office workers. I have spoken to at least six other parents who have said the same thing. The office personnel need a major attitude adjustment.

Richmond Hill Primary School
471 Frances Meeks Way, Richmond Hill, GA  31324
Last modified Richmond Hill Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-1
Richmond Hill Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top