Richmond Hill, GA
Students enrolled: 1,944

Richmond Hill High School 3

Posted January 24, 2014
This is not as great a school as I had hoped. Let me first start off with saying the teachers for the most part are GREAT. My son struggles and has a LD though and the school is on a block schedule. They go at a VERY fast pace and it is hard for my child to keep up bc of this. Very long class periods as well. Counselors are only minimally helpful. Class sizes are also very large at 30 kids per teacher. School doesn't have the technology you would expect either. Can't wait to move and get back to a standard schedule of 6 classes. There is some bullying and kids are disrespectful, but it isn't an issue for my child. If you have a child that struggles to focus in school or has a LD I would consider a different school. Once your child is in the block schedule you are basically stuck to finish off he year since online schools,etc don't follow that type of schedule. It would also be a HUGE problem if you have to move in the middle of the year.

Richmond Hill High School 1

Posted November 06, 2013
I've been in the Bryan County school system my whole life and I honestly hate it. This school fails to bring to light the racial issues that plague our hallways daily and it is absolutely ridiculous. This school is very unorganized and changes teachers and classes much too often. Our athletics are okay, but they are biased to just the football team. This school places too much emphasis on sports and dress code more than they do to academics, bullying and actual problems. Basically, if you do not play a sport, you do not matter. If you or your child is a minority like myself, I strongly advise you to not make them go to a school where there is daily unnecessary prejudice. I hate this school and I know exactly why people kill themselves from being in an environment similar to this.

Posted June 04, 2013
I graduated recently (class of 2013), and I can confidently say that this high school is loaded with opportunity. They added 5+ AP courses just last year. There are tons of clubs and did I mention the AP classes!?!? The new principal is looking to further improve this school, so look out! By the way, this school is disciplinary superior to the Savannah schools. Everyone is well-behaved.

Posted May 08, 2013
Absolutely without a doubt one of the best, if not the best high school's in Georgia. I am the parent of a an 11th grader currently,senior next fall, he has struggled all through school, he is learning disabled.I have met or talked with many teachers,counselors,coaches,principal and assistant principals the last two years.I never left the school thinking anything less than impressed,amazed at how they do it and thankful my child is enrolled in one terrific school.Student enrollment for the 2012/2013 year is/was 1901 teenagers.The teachers,staff and coaches respect these kids ( for the most part) and from eveything I've seen, the students(for the most part) return that respect back.Most, if not all teachers take a personal interest in each students success, and how they do that with 1900 kids, I don't have a clue.Never hear of drug issue,gang issue,nothing really.Most kids are involved in a sport or band or ROTC, something, and all these activities are taught or coached or managed by some of the most dedicated,hardworking caring people I've come across in quite some time.I truly believe that kids see this dedication,see the sweat,hear the compliments and feed off that. I LOVE RHHS

Richmond Hill High School 4

Posted May 07, 2013
I've been graduated from the school for almost 3 years. The staff can be a bit strict, but there were always some teachers that stood out among the rest. They placed more importance on education than discipline. The school prepares you well for college. Where many other college students struggled, I succeeded because my high school prepared me enough for the future. The football team was mostly terrible, but all the other sports teams were pretty great. I didn't like the school very much while I attended, but ultimately I am glad I stuck with it. Preparing your children for future education is extremely important, and I'm glad my parents had me attend this school system.

Richmond Hill High School 2

Posted August 24, 2012
School is blessed by good demographics in South Bryan County. On average, wealthier and better educated parents than most areas of Georgia. This allows the school to coast and not put any extra effort into education. The district is more of a good ol' boy style of governance. That is why the faculty and administration at the school is all white despite a more diverse population. Also, they value athletics over education. They recently hired two coaches with no education training to teach classes.

Posted September 07, 2011
We will be moving to Richmond hills fromSeoul, South Korea in Feb. Our daughter is in the Ninth Grade and we are AD Army. This will be her third school in 3years. I am praying for an easy transition and would love some contacts earlier than our arrival. I have contacted her Guidance Counselor who has been very helpful. Livia plays soccer, tennis and is in JrROTC. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank You. Debbie Chapman Proud Army Wife To an EOD Soldier

Posted September 26, 2010
We moved to Richmond Hill from Savannah, specifically for the schools, when my daughter was in middle school. She graduated from RHHS with the "college prep with distinction" diploma. She and all of her friends were college-bound and were accepted at great colleges. Some of the special highlights of RHHS are fantastic technology programs and art programs. Due to these fantastic programs & teachers, my daughter won an international media award (web design) in 10th grade, and went on to graduate from Savannah College of Art & Design with a painting major, art history minor. She's currently developing her first solo art exhibit for a gallery. RHHS = Success!

Posted December 04, 2009

Richmond Hill High School 0

Posted October 14, 2009
I am a graduate of the old RHHS, which became RHMS a year later. I am proud of this school after all of these years. We have always joked that we attended a private school without the uniform because of the very strict policy with attendance, attitude, parent involvement and teacher accountability. I am glad to see that additioanl courses have been added and as soon as I move back into the state, here is where I will be sending my children to school. Diversity has always been a big issue, but the opportunities for everyone to join clubs, sports and other groups are unquestionable. If a parent has an issue, they would see action and support from the staff. Great job Richmond Hill!

Richmond Hill High School
1 Wildcat Dr, Richmond Hill, GA  31324
Last modified Richmond Hill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richmond Hill High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top