Richmond Hill, GA
Students enrolled: 1,625

Richmond Hill Middle School 3

Posted May 14, 2015
The teachers/staff are great but the students appear to run wild. My child comes home telling me about the kids using vulgar language, constantly talking about sex, targeting and bullying. Bryan county BOA needs to step in and take control of this mess. We moved to Richmond Hill because of the schools but I'm beginning to regret it.

Richmond Hill Middle School 3

Posted May 13, 2015
Just came into the school the last part of the year due to a military move. I am pleased with the education itself and the teachers have been wonderful. However, the social aspect isn't so great. There seems to be a lot of student bullying, cursing and inappropriate adult humor for this age from the stories I am hearing. Can't tell you how many times I've had to explain something that I never thought I would have to for a middle schooler. I know times are changing but wow. Also a very athletics oriented school. After a few months here, still undecided on whether this is the "best school" in the area as I heard a lot when looking into it. But, love Richmond Hill itself - a great community.

Posted July 29, 2014
WONDERFUL, I've gone there for 2 years and i have 2 brothers that go there, and the atmosphere is wonderful, there are so many nice people and the teachers may seem mean but they get nicer as the year goes on. RHMS has so many clubs and athletics that you will never have a dull moment in the week! It doesn't have the best food but you can always get a lunch! anyways i love the school and I'd send my kids there!

Posted May 29, 2014
My child has never attended a school that does not include the whole student body in its awards ceremony. Even though this school is pretty on the outside, it lacks effort in promoting equality. If your child has a Educational Service Plan (ESP) this might not be the right school for he/she. RHMS counselor's have the worst attitude when it comes to understanding your child needs and does not listen or work well with parents when developing the best plan for your child. My child was taking honors classes at the previous school, but this school refused to realized it because she has a ESP. Most states have become a part of the Interstate Compact which supports military children transition into their new school. This school does the oppose it. The school counselor called my child previous school and the counselor told her my child earned and was more than capable of continue taking her honor classes. The counselor disregarded the comments and did what she felt was best. I don't know if race plays a role in her attitude, but I felt my child had attended a school that was twenty years behind times. Plant a good seed and it will produce good fruit.

Posted September 17, 2013
It is amazing.its like a palace and provides amazing education. Everyone knows and is nice to everybody. Teaches go out of their way to help students. Everybody exceeds the standards. I love RHMS because it is an extraordinary school!

Posted August 01, 2013
I agree with most of the comment. They a;; tell the parents "Look at the website" We too are military family and our kids have tired few schools and this by far is the most unfriendly, unsupportive, staff we have ever come accross with. The school looks like a Prison if you know what I mean. Never can speak with the teachers and the Website they are talking about...only one out of the 5 teachers my kid has ever, ever, ever email back!

Posted May 22, 2013
RHMS is an awesome school. The teachers take extra time to help children who are struggling. Everyone seems to pull together in their time of need and genuinely wan to help them do their best. This is an awesome school system!

Richmond Hill Middle School 4

Posted April 25, 2013
Yes, there are some very poor teachers in every school and there should be more done to find more suitable replacements. That being said, our child's teacher has a website that is a wealth of information. Not all teachers update or maintain their websites, but many of the sites are very helpful. I have noticed that almost all of the negative reviews are written by people new to the district. It is unfortunate that their first experience was unfavorable, but have faith-there are many great teachers ahead and it really is a fantastic school system, warts and all. Also keep in mind that once your kids get to the middle grades and beyond, every teacher has on average about 110 students every day. That's a lot of juggling to meet everyone's individual needs.

Richmond Hill Middle School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
Wow, I was thinking maybe it was my daughter or my wife and I. We too "thought" this was the place to be. After reading the comments everyone hit the nail (or nails) on the head. We tried by written note, by email, and by phone to get a parent teacher conference, to NO success. We were told "everything is on my website." Do I blame the teachers? No, except if it's a specific one (everyone knows who I'm talking about) in the elementary school (run if your child gets her). I have a suspicion that they don't have too much leeway as to how to teach! State this state that. Bullies??? If it's not the oversized juvenile deliquints, it's the over indulged brats! They are in desperate need of discipline in that school! I don't know where the good school went or who runs this (Harry Potter Looking) school, but a little less money into the brick and more into the teacher child ratio! Throw the deliquents into a room with a bad teacher and a popsickle! No-I do not have a perfect child with straight A's. my child is a B mostly. But, here there is no room to brighten her horizon. It's a shame, if the economy would get better, I'd sell and move also.

Posted April 19, 2013
Richmond Hill Middle School They get a 1 because that is the lowest available score. We heard that Bryan County School District was the best in this area. The reality is very different. Our child has been in Gifted. He has exceeded all national standardized testing scores including the SAT he took at 12. He is a member of Duke University TIP. We have had nothing but problems since he entered RHMS. They use Power School which I feel sets children up for failure. If your child is absent when a test or assignment is due they get a 0. They also do online assessments. Most of the the assessments has not been taught to the student. They use these assessment scores as 3 daily grades and 1 test grade. How can you give a child a permanent grade on info they have not been taught? The staff are rude not only to students but parents as well. We are a military family and our child has been in over 10 schools and I have never seen children treated in such a degrading manner. It is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. If the high school is anything like the middle school our family will be moving without question or hesitation for no other reason than to leave this school district. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!

Richmond Hill Middle School
665 Harris Trail Rd, Richmond Hill, GA  31324
Last modified Richmond Hill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richmond Hill Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top