Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My was bullied not only by other stufent but also by ine of the teachers and nothing has been done to correct it.

The kids and the staff are bullies. Unfortunately the majority of he students have military parents and it clearly shows in their behavior. Although this might almost be expected from middle school kids, what is appalling is that the staff also pick on the kids. My child has been called names by one of the teachers and I had to request a meeting with the principal. He told me all great things to my face, but once our meeting was over, nothing was done to corrext the issue.

I wish I could give three ratings for this school--one for the academics (5 stars), though lots of testing; a second for the student environment (2 stars), because of the inappropriate language, sexual commentary, and just gross stuff my kids come home asking about (I don't know what some of these middle school kids are exposed to, to gain this "information"; and third, the teachers (4 stars)--both my kids have enjoyed all their teachers, who seem caring and motivated. I would also say other parents are right on regarding the district's focus on sports, as well as the occasional difficulty in communication--I, too, have had to make multiple attempts via email. And new parents should know that RHMS does support "tracking" for lack of a better word. There is the regular level, enrichment level, advanced level, and a gifted level. In our several years here, we have experienced three of these levels, and I want to make clear that the regular level here is MORE demanding and rigorous than our three previous schools.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are evaluated on their students' state test scores, so they want them to learn and test well. My kids have learned a lot attending RHMS. i am happy with their academic achievement. Not much creativity, though, in the classroom.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Both my kids have homework every night--between 45-90 minutes. And because kids don't get home until after 4pm, if your kids have sports or dance, etc, that leaves zero down time...

Develops character: Neutral

I did not appreciate that ALL students were not invited to award assemblies. Occasionally the entire class or team is punished when it is the responsibility of a small number of students.

I find the schools website to be hard to find information needed. The social side of the school is horrible. Bullying and adult conversation is absurd to say the least. The kids run wild without the proper supervision. When my child was hit by another student while waiting in the car rider line the school did nothing about it. This was not the 1st time this happened. Overall very unhappy with this school.

The teachers/staff are great but the students appear to run wild. My child comes home telling me about the kids using vulgar language, constantly talking about sex, targeting and bullying. Bryan county BOA needs to step in and take control of this mess. We moved to Richmond Hill because of the schools but I'm beginning to regret it.

Just came into the school the last part of the year due to a military move. I am pleased with the education itself and the teachers have been wonderful. However, the social aspect isn't so great. There seems to be a lot of student bullying, cursing and inappropriate adult humor for this age from the stories I am hearing. Can't tell you how many times I've had to explain something that I never thought I would have to for a middle schooler. I know times are changing but wow. Also a very athletics oriented school. After a few months here, still undecided on whether this is the "best school" in the area as I heard a lot when looking into it. But, love Richmond Hill itself - a great community.

WONDERFUL, I've gone there for 2 years and i have 2 brothers that go there, and the atmosphere is wonderful, there are so many nice people and the teachers may seem mean but they get nicer as the year goes on. RHMS has so many clubs and athletics that you will never have a dull moment in the week! It doesn't have the best food but you can always get a lunch! anyways i love the school and I'd send my kids there!

Last modified Richmond Hill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.