Bad
Good

Moved here from Korea about 6 months ago. The school is well maintained and the teachers and staff are very good. They allowed our daughter (3rd Grade) into the advanced or gifted courses out of normal cycle based on documents from the DOD school and some teacher and admin evaluations. She loves it and is now at a level that provides a bit more challenge. My only issue is that all the schools here do not have a compulsory foreign langauge. The DOD school introduced Spanish in K and ran through middle school, where they then offered 1-2 more languages. My opinion is that Richmond Hill schools are the best around the Ft. Stewart and Savanah area.

My son loves it in Richmond Hill Elementary. The teachers kept me updated when he had problems concentrating and following in school. I was able to take care of the situation and now he is doing great! I receive monthly updates from the teacher and he brings home straight A's and even got into an advanced class. Very happy Mom!

My child has been in RHES for two years now, and I think it is mostly great. I love the Special Education staff. They are always willing and able to work with you to make decisions about how to best help your child achieve his/her best. My child has ASD and has had a hard time with reading, and If it weren't for 1 "special" education teacher in particular I'm not sure where we would be. He has made leaps and bounds in his reading lately and I know we owe it all to her. However I do not think the special ed staff are used to their fullest potential, if they had more control over how their students are taught Or just had their own classes instead of inclusion I believe many students would benefit from it and I think my son would have progressed even farther this year. Especially since for my son to excel in school a basic routine, making sure you have his attention before giving instructions, and specifics are very important for his learning process. It has been a battle trying to get some teacher(s) to make that effort on his behalf and he has suffered for it, no matter how many times I have tried to convey the importance. Therefore I have decided to put him in private school.

As a military family, we move quite a bit (ok, a lot would be a better description) and I'm incredibly pleased with RHES. School is kept in impeccable shape. Granted its a newer building (I think around 5 years old), but all areas are incredibly clean/perfect condition. Front office is welcoming & the double door entrance ensures my children are SAFE! No one gets through the 2nd doorway without a "buzz". All the exterior doors are locked from the outside so no visitors without the front office knowing! My children's teachers are INCREDIBLE! Knowledgable, energetic, & friendly educators challenge my children to learn while providing fun projects/experiments. There are a good # of young teachers, but they're amazing as are their older counterparts! One of my children was served through the Special Education program & made incredible gains w/ the help of the sped teacher & assistants. IEP team looked out for the best interest of my child & listened to my concerns & ideas before a final "plan" was put into motion. Professional approach to make sure every child learns! School's technology implementation is beyond great. I come to visit on occasion & am warmly welcomed.

When we found out that we were getting stationed in Georgia 8 years ago we came to this site to look up the schools. The RH school district had excellent reviews, so we bought a house here. At the time our daughter was 11 and our son was 1. Our daughter didn't like the school but she was a good student so there were real no issues. When my son started school things changed dramatically! My son has been in the Bryan County school district since Pre-K and we have been in a struggle of wills (between and the school) since. RHES has been a continuation of the educational experience from heck! My son has ASD and the school is in NO WAY prepared to deal with special needs children. They never come out and say "put your kid on stronger medication", but the implication is there. They develop IEPs that call for behavior intervention plans, but fail to develop or implement them. They will, however, send bad reports home every day. I will be the first person to admit my son is difficult! However, his special education teacher acts like he is Satan's spawn. If you have a special needs child DO NOT BRING THEM HERE!!! Unless you are up for the battle of your life!

This is our daughter's second year in RHES, and she has progressed academically. While we have been pleased with her progress, she is losing her teacher mid-year to a geographic move to CA (trailing spouse). This comes after having her previous year's teacher depart for Atlanta. In a town that is heavily populated by military personnel, I have to wonder if teacher retention is an ongoing issue. The rental housing market experiences heavy turnover with military deployments, so this town feels like it's heavily populated by transient residents. While I was initially concerned about the relatively young age of teachers, it appears that what they lack in decades of experience is countered by a high level of energy and a willing embrace of technology. What I would like to see is more of an effort to facilitate parental involvement in the classroom.

Excellent especially in comparision to surrounding counties. We were concerned about the school quality in the South and feel that this school system is on par with schools in Ohio (Our previous destination).

I am not thrilled with the school system in the area. Your kid cannot miss school without a dr. or dds. note. So if they are vomiting, you must get a note. They place kids by timed tests. They do not have regular parent teacher conferences, you must schedule that on your own. They can receive in school suspension for the smallest offenses. I don't really know anything about the teacher since they keep parents out of the school unless they volunteer. siblings are not allowed to come, so if you have younger kids, you cannot volunteer. The classes are over crowded.

I'm very happy with RH Elementary and have no desire to send my child to a private school. They also have a very strong group of volunteers who help out the teachers.

The staff is excellent! I have never met such wonderful and caring people before. We love this school!

Last modified Richmond Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-3