Sequoyah Middle School 1

Posted October 01, 2014
This school is terrible. The staff at Sequoyah treats these children like they are in jail. That is not what school should be about. I walked into the school this morning at the lady at front desk was screaming at me and I asked why was she mad and she said my child was lying on her and my child had said nothing about her. You will never know your child's grades until you have requested the information 100 times. Every teacher that I have had to deal with at this school never knows anything and blames someone else until you realize that you have been sent in a circle of people who know nothing. It's unfortunate that our children have to attend school everyday like this. There is no structure and everyone is all over the place.

Sequoyah Middle School 4

Posted August 02, 2011
All schools are what you make of them. Sequoyah Middle is one of the best schools in the area. I must say it's helping my son prepare for the next level. I am a parent (and dad too) that involved. Yes, I make my presents known. Having a young man in this day in time, that's very important. I will not lose my son to peer pressure, gangs and drugs.

Sequoyah Middle School 5

Posted July 30, 2011
I am a student entering the 8th grade and in the 2 years that I've been there I haven't seen the so called "bad side of the school'. Sequoyah is one of the greatest schools in the county if not the best.

Sequoyah Middle School 0

Posted March 28, 2008
Contrary to popular belief, Sequoyah is a good school. Yes we do have some students with severe discipline problems, but we also have some really good students too. If parental involvement would increase, a lot of the issues at Sequoyah wouldn't happen. We rarely see parents. The parents we do see are of the good students. All parents need to take an active role in their child's education. I love my job, and I love my students. I just hate when a few 'bad apples' affect the reputation of the school. Come see for yourself!!! SMS rocks!

Sequoyah Middle School 0

Posted October 31, 2007
This school has completely turned around under the leadership of Mrs. Johnson. She is proactive, available, and a great leader. The halls are quiet, learning is going on in classrooms, discipline is no longer an issue. Parents are welcome to talk to her anytime. The students love her, and they respect her.

Sequoyah Middle School 4

Posted October 24, 2007
that school is one of the best schools Ive been in

Sequoyah Middle School 3

Posted January 26, 2007
This is the first year that my child has attended 6th grade and he seems to be pretty satisfied with the ways of the teacher's and this school. I have not come across a teacher who was not helpful to my student nor myself for that matter. A Parent in Full Support of Uniforms

Sequoyah Middle School 2

Posted November 15, 2006
My experience with this school has been horrible. The children at this school are out of control and the staff needs to be a little more on top of their job. Some of the teachers are very rude to the students.

Sequoyah Middle School 3

Posted June 20, 2006
Sequoyah is a new middle school in Clayton county and this should give them an edge at setting the standards. The school requires the students to wear uniforms which I approve of and their goals of excellence sounds good. But, like most schools in the county, the boys wear their pants down to their knees and unruly kids dominate the classrooms at times. Discipline needs to be priority one in order to make this the best middle school that it can be.

Sequoyah Middle School
95 Valley Hill Rd SW, Riverdale, GA  30274
Last modified Sequoyah Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sequoyah Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top