Riverdale, GA
Students enrolled: 1,638

Posted May 18, 2015
Hi, I'm a senior. Attended this place for one year, and can professionally say that this is by far the worst school I've attended my entire career. Sure, you can say that "omg no one pays for Riverdale to be good", but with the hundreds of dollars Seniors pay a year to go to subpar picnics and be threatened with arrest at the end of every end of the year event, who even wants to put money in? 0/10, wouldn't touch with my worst enemy's hand. Parents, bring your children somewhere else.

Posted May 17, 2015
It's a great school. There are lots of academic & extra curricular choices. Teachers are helpful too.

Posted January 26, 2014
All I have to say is, once we arrived at Riverdale High, and my daughter had her first class, her teacher told her that if she stayed in her class she would fail. The first day she had the class! We have never experienced this! The school is dirty. The restrooms are broken down and some not working at all. The staff is too soft on children misbehaving and cutting class. It was not a place where I wanted my child to stay and frankly she was a little nervous to be there. Riverdale needs work!!

Riverdale High School 1

Posted March 21, 2013
This school is horrible I was so disgusted by the school itself my child was immediately unenrolled. The counselor was arrogant and helped on HER time. Teachers would talk about the new principal Ms. Miller Brown. The teachers were lolly gaggers and did a horrible job at explaining, and gave random assignments. they also constantly stated "they could simply make money by sitting." And Ms.Edwards the math teacher practiced what she preached. Also my child was constantly removed n and out of classes, and teachers were retiring or getting let go back to back.

Posted April 03, 2011
I'm a mother of 5 kids and 3 are in College right now and one is in the 9th Grade there now. They have never had any problems at Riverdale High School. I'm sick of people blaming the school it might be your child that is the problem who don't want to listen to authority. My son comes home everyday talking about how some of the students are acting and it's not everybody.

Riverdale High School 4

Posted February 23, 2010
This high school is one of the best in the county. With dedicated teachers, many clubs, organizations, and talented students, this is a family school. With close to 300 kids recognized at the latest Honor's Breakfast, I know the students are accomplishing something. One of their full-ride athletes was a straight-A student. They have one of the best Technology Student Association (TSA) in the nation (see Steve Price Room's for more than 100 trophies). Their yearbook adviser and asst. webmaster, Shekema Holmes-Silveri, is one of the most caring, tech savvy instructors next to Price. Wireless access and 21st century technology in every classroom in the building (except trailers), students are engaged with learning. Sure there are flaws, like any school, but there are more positives than negatives. If you have complaints, become apart of the solution, not the problem. If the adults follow policy then the students will fall in line.

Riverdale High School

Posted October 19, 2009
Riverdale High School is a school that has come a long way since I attended it three years ago as a freshman. At RHS, academics at have improved greatly with much more diverse classes choices; extracurricular activities and student involvement have increase; test scores meet or exceeds AYP; and so many more. Although Riverdale High School may have some issues as all schools do, I know that the faculty, teachers, and students are working hard to improve it with Raider pride.

Posted September 16, 2009
Riverdale High School in my opinion is the best school in clayton county. It has people from many different ethnic backgrounds. Everyone get to learn about differnt cultures and make friends from other countries. My favorite part about this school has to be the extra curricular activities.

Posted September 16, 2009
Compare to other schools, it is the best with supported teachers and many different school activities.

Posted October 24, 2008
Im currently a senior at RHS and it has gotton way worst then the last post that was posted. i have been here for all 4 years and it has gotton very difficult because of the whole accrediation thing and the good teaches have left us with nothing. But we do have clubs that and some counslers that do care so i guess they are trying.

Riverdale High School
160 Roberts Dr, Riverdale, GA  30274
Last modified Riverdale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverdale High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top