Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

MY DAUGHTER ZARIA IS CONSTANTLY BULLIED BY A GIRL IN HER CLASS. I'VE TOLD THE ASST. PRINCIPAL REGINALD PRICE BUT NOTHING WAS DONE. HER TEACHER MOVED HER SEAT AND ALSO TOLD THE PRINCIPAL..SHE DIDN'T CARE SHE JUST TOLD HIM TO MOVE THE BULLIES. TODAY MY CHILD WENT ON A FIELD TRIP TO THE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER THE BULLY SAT NEXT TO HER...MY DAUGHTER FELL ASLEEP AND WAS AWAKEN BY A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM THE GIRL...WHEN ZARIA PROCEEDED TO DEFEND HERSELF THE GIRL THEN KEPT SLAPPING HER UNTIL THEY GOT OFF THE BUS...THE TEACHER ON THE BUS WOULD NOT LISTEN, THEY TOLD EVERYONE TO BE QUIET....they are not attentive, they dont care...now my Zaria is terrified and wants me to go on all her field trips with her...I JUST EMAILED THE SUPERINTENDENT AND THE BOARD MEMBERS IF NO RESPONSE IM GOING TO THE NEWS

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

my child has been bullied since she started.. nothing happened i just emailed the superintendent and board members

This is my childrens first year at Oliver and needless to say hopefully this will be their last. My 2 boys have always excelled in their school work and have been "A" students until reaching Oliver. My 1st grader is bombarded with homework night after night. It takes us well over 3 hours to complete all the homework that he is given, which in my opion is way too much. He is just frustrated and ready to quit at after spending 6 hours at school then 3-4 more hours on homework. He spends his time daydreaming at school and twiddling his thumbs (his teacher says). Then there is my 4th grader who was consistently on the A honor roll at his prior school some how manages to only be bringing in low c's and low b's which is something that I can not understand. I've spoken to their teachers repeatedly on how we can change some things so that he is getting better grades but after a year at the school and nothing has changed I have decided to remove my children and put them somewhere then can learn and not feel overwhelmed with the pressures of elementary school. At this age children should not be stressed about home work and having back problems because of the weight of his book bag.

I wish I could give this school a negative score. I have had my child at this school for 3 months and it has been nothing but problems. The teachers really dont care about anything until you tell them you will call the school board on them. My child was beat up in class and no one did or said any thing about it. Please dont send your child here I am taking my child out asap and putting her in a charter school.

The school is finally coming back around to it's standard of excellence overall since the new principal started. The environment feels more family oriented. Parents are able to go in and visit their children in class, volunteer and get to know their kid;s classmates. It feels better than previous years. The academic standards are still high, as usual. I am a proud parent of Oliver students. It's the best public school in Clayton County.

I have had a child at Oliver continuously since the '06-'07 school year in which my daughter was a 1st grader. She often struggled during the 1st couple of years due to her being younger than all the other students in her grade level, but was always given excellent effort from both the faculty and staff at E.W. Oliver. She has since moved on to middle school at Elite Scholars Academy and I dare say that without the superior foundation that was layed by Oliver she would not have been accepted at Elite. My son is a rising 2nd grader and has easily excelled during his 1st 2 years of elem. school. Oliver is a school that has teachers who truly care about their students and is able to cater to your child regardless of their level of need. It truly saddens me to think about having to leave the Oliver school district as my family searches for our 1st home to purchase because the homes we are interested in purchasing simply don't exist in the district.

This school is pushing so hard to be the top sch in Clayton Co. that they are over working the kids & their parents. My kindergartner has so much homework on a daily bases that takes her a few hours to complete. No my child is not slow, in fact she is very bright &one of few to be selected for accelerated testing. Her after school has complained about the amount homework she has which cause them to spend a substantial amount of time with her alone; they state she has more hmwrk than some 1st & 2nd graders.more hmwrk is not going to make my child smarter. She is already feeling burnt out. The 3 hrs I have with my child everyday b4 bedtime is mostly spent on hmwrk & projects. Speaking of projects, my kindergartner HAS to complete a science project for the science fair which includes a proposal, a research paper & a project on a poster board! Yes, 5&6yo who are just learning to read & write sentences have to RESEARCH info. & write a page including a hypothesis & cites. I was told this is mandatory. They did not give my 6yo a project, but they gave me a project to do! After Bible study on Wed I dare not make her stay up past her bt to complete hrs of wrk something needs to be done.

I transferred my child from Riverdale Elementary to E.W. Oliver after he completed Pre-K. The move has made all the difference. While he was at Riverdale Elementary he started to revert; whereas since starting Oliver, he has surpassed his classmates on all levels! The teachers there are the best I've seen in the county. Having worked as a substitute in every elementary school in Clayton County, I can see the difference. When there are great teachers who promote an environment for success, children will do just that, succeed. It may take a while to adjust to the new principal, but I think parents and staff have decided to work with her instead of against her. Even the Campus Kids program is exceptional at Oliver. They try to keep the kids stimulated and plan fun things to do after homework is done. A lot of after care programs simply provide homework assistance, if that, then nothing afterwards. So, if you're looking for a great public school for your kids, I definately recommend E.W. Oliver.

The teachers are great but the front office however is another story. The Administrative Assistant is totally unprofessional and unorganized. The front office alone makes me want to transfer my child. The teachers and they way that they teach are great. I took my child from a private school and put her in E.W. Oliver and I cant tell the difference. However, the PTA seems to be a popularity club. The parents seem to be in clicks. Also, your kids will probably not get chosen for any activities unless you are involved in these parent PTA clicks.

Dr. Boykin was the best thing to have happened to Oliver. He knew every single student by name and knew what their academic levels were. The AP Program was a good program...hate that they did away with it and Dr. Boykin. My son was in kindergarten and first grade at Oliver and it started him on the right path. Homework helps to keep a child focused. There is plenty of time to play after homework.

Last modified Oliver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.