Oliver Elementary School 1

Posted December 12, 2012
I wish I could give this school a negative score. I have had my child at this school for 3 months and it has been nothing but problems. The teachers really dont care about anything until you tell them you will call the school board on them. My child was beat up in class and no one did or said any thing about it. Please dont send your child here I am taking my child out asap and putting her in a charter school.

Posted December 06, 2012
The school is finally coming back around to it's standard of excellence overall since the new principal started. The environment feels more family oriented. Parents are able to go in and visit their children in class, volunteer and get to know their kid;s classmates. It feels better than previous years. The academic standards are still high, as usual. I am a proud parent of Oliver students. It's the best public school in Clayton County.

Posted July 13, 2012
I have had a child at Oliver continuously since the '06-'07 school year in which my daughter was a 1st grader. She often struggled during the 1st couple of years due to her being younger than all the other students in her grade level, but was always given excellent effort from both the faculty and staff at E.W. Oliver. She has since moved on to middle school at Elite Scholars Academy and I dare say that without the superior foundation that was layed by Oliver she would not have been accepted at Elite. My son is a rising 2nd grader and has easily excelled during his 1st 2 years of elem. school. Oliver is a school that has teachers who truly care about their students and is able to cater to your child regardless of their level of need. It truly saddens me to think about having to leave the Oliver school district as my family searches for our 1st home to purchase because the homes we are interested in purchasing simply don't exist in the district.

Oliver Elementary School 4

Posted November 06, 2011
This school is pushing so hard to be the top sch in Clayton Co. that they are over working the kids & their parents. My kindergartner has so much homework on a daily bases that takes her a few hours to complete. No my child is not slow, in fact she is very bright &one of few to be selected for accelerated testing. Her after school has complained about the amount homework she has which cause them to spend a substantial amount of time with her alone; they state she has more hmwrk than some 1st & 2nd graders.more hmwrk is not going to make my child smarter. She is already feeling burnt out. The 3 hrs I have with my child everyday b4 bedtime is mostly spent on hmwrk & projects. Speaking of projects, my kindergartner HAS to complete a science project for the science fair which includes a proposal, a research paper & a project on a poster board! Yes, 5&6yo who are just learning to read & write sentences have to RESEARCH info. & write a page including a hypothesis & cites. I was told this is mandatory. They did not give my 6yo a project, but they gave me a project to do! After Bible study on Wed I dare not make her stay up past her bt to complete hrs of wrk something needs to be done.

Posted December 01, 2010
I transferred my child from Riverdale Elementary to E.W. Oliver after he completed Pre-K. The move has made all the difference. While he was at Riverdale Elementary he started to revert; whereas since starting Oliver, he has surpassed his classmates on all levels! The teachers there are the best I've seen in the county. Having worked as a substitute in every elementary school in Clayton County, I can see the difference. When there are great teachers who promote an environment for success, children will do just that, succeed. It may take a while to adjust to the new principal, but I think parents and staff have decided to work with her instead of against her. Even the Campus Kids program is exceptional at Oliver. They try to keep the kids stimulated and plan fun things to do after homework is done. A lot of after care programs simply provide homework assistance, if that, then nothing afterwards. So, if you're looking for a great public school for your kids, I definately recommend E.W. Oliver.

Oliver Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2010
The teachers are great but the front office however is another story. The Administrative Assistant is totally unprofessional and unorganized. The front office alone makes me want to transfer my child. The teachers and they way that they teach are great. I took my child from a private school and put her in E.W. Oliver and I cant tell the difference. However, the PTA seems to be a popularity club. The parents seem to be in clicks. Also, your kids will probably not get chosen for any activities unless you are involved in these parent PTA clicks.

Posted June 01, 2010
Dr. Boykin was the best thing to have happened to Oliver. He knew every single student by name and knew what their academic levels were. The AP Program was a good program...hate that they did away with it and Dr. Boykin. My son was in kindergarten and first grade at Oliver and it started him on the right path. Homework helps to keep a child focused. There is plenty of time to play after homework.

Posted July 27, 2009

Oliver Elementary School 1

Posted March 02, 2009

Oliver Elementary School 0

Posted July 13, 2008
This school is the best elementary school I've ever been to. They do so much to help students learn.This place is truly amazing. They are teaching all kids how to be stock brokers. I've been going to Oliver since Kindergarten and because of them, I'm in all advanced classes at my school.

Oliver Elementary School
1725 Cheryl Leigh Dr, Riverdale, GA  30296
Last modified Oliver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oliver Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top