Riverdale, GA

Lake Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted May 22, 2011
The teachers at Lake Ridge are phenomenal! My son just finished his 5th grade year and attended Lake Ridge since he was in kindergarten. Every year he had the most awesome teachers. They were very down to earth, easy to communicate with, and very knowlegeable. I received phone calls not only when my son wasn't doing well but I also got calls and notes to say that he was doing a good job. I hope that I can have the same rapport with his middle school teachers. Lake Ridge felt like a family and I will miss being there. I am sure that my son will too. It takes a village to raise a child and Lake Ridge was part of our village. Hopefully Lake Ridge will be spared from all the nonsense that is going on with the superintendent's desire to make so many ridiculous changes that not only affect those employed by the county but also the well being of our children.

Lake Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2011
ive been at lake ridge since i was in kindergarten and it is not a very good school as people say. they rate it 3 out of 10 but to my stand point it is a 0. im in 5th grade and this is my last year i could tell you that the teachers there have bad communication skills and the principal is horrible the assistant principal has no say so. it is so hard to meet expectaions and when you do they want to just make seem like you have to start all over again i do not recommened this school to anybody

Lake Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted August 31, 2009
In my experience with Lake Ridge, the teachers have been great, but the principal is unprofessional, rude, and has very poor communication skills. She constantly maintains a demeanor of being irritated with the kids, as well as the parents, and does not seem to enjoy her job. Her communication skills leave much to be desired, and it really sets a bad tone for the school as a whole. I see similar complaints dating back for a few years, and can't help but think lack of parental involvement is the reason she has been able to continue on in this manner. The teachers have been more than phenomenal, and the office staff, especially Ms. Davis, is outstanding.

Posted May 27, 2009
I've been in love w/this school since we moved here to Ga. The staff is wonderful especially Ms. Davis the school secretary & Mrs. Williams a teacher's assistant at that time (3yrs ago). They actually love the kids & their jobs. My son has been here since kindergarten & he loves it. Keep up the excellent work our kids need you.

Posted December 19, 2008
I will have to agree with some of the previous ratings. There is a lack of leadership from the principal and leadership staff. There is poor parental involvement. I personally feel that the school is not operating on a level to prepare our students for the next step and the real world. There have been no math competitions, spelling bees, science fairs, etc. to help kids achieve in school. I believe that the problem starts at the head and the saying goes, if the head isn't right, then you can't expect much from the rest of the body. It seems as if no one is ready to expect greatness from this school and to hold them accountable for their actions/nonactions

Lake Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted July 20, 2008
I agree with previous posters. The lack of positive leadership at Lake Ridge is a major problem for this school. Please check the teacher and staff turn over rate since the current principal has been in place. I am a former teacher; moral was very poor and had a negative effect on instruction.

Lake Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2007
I totally agree with those who believe that the current Principal IS the major problem. She has an ego problem, and is ignorant about how kids really learn.

Lake Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted May 19, 2005
I think this is a great school with great leadership. Because of the leadership of this principal, the school's test scores have reached and surpased expectancy. The school environment is one of high standards and great moral turpitude. The teachers and counselors are highly skilled and trained and are very helpful to parents. The music and art programs are wonderful. The students have an opportunity to participate in a variety of extracurricular PTA, Black History, Cinco De Maya activities that are directed by the Art and Music programs. Parental involvment is average, but steadly increasing. The newly hired assistant principal is really bringing about some innovated changes in the existing discipline plan. The students have a zeal to learn and to be taught. The school environment is one that encourages learning and successful achievement.

Lake Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted February 08, 2005
I am very dissatisfied with the atmosphere and morale at this school. There is nothing in place to elevate the learning of children based on individual performance. Rather, all the children are being taught on the same level-crazy! Also, there are NO Parents or Teachers involved in PTA.

Lake Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted June 16, 2004
This was a great school. The principal that is present now is one of the worst I have seen yet. She has poor communication skills for a principal and she will not let the Parents and Teachers run the PTA program. The children are suffering at this school because of her and all the exceptional teachers are leaving or gone.

7900 Lake Ridge Cir, Riverdale, GA  30296
Last modified Lake Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Ridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top