Bad
Good

Crawford County High School is a great place. The teachers are really well. It is more of a problem with the students. They expect the best, but put forth no effort. They claim the teachers can't teach, but talk during class and never study or pay attention. I have excellent grades because I work hard and listen to the teachers. They know what they are talking about, and thy give us the tools we need to succeed. The technology department isn't the best because of the lack of support and funds. The TSA (Technology Student Association) Chapter here is doing great things, and has even made it to the National conference this year. The staff and faculty are welcoming and nice. All in all, this is a fine school!

People use CCHS activities and programs as an excuse to say it's an excellent school. I attended Crawford County High School all four years and the teachers only hand out violations/or enforce the rules due to their mood or race. People show favoritism and I only had three good instructors out of all four years. It is a very racist and harsh place for a student to be and a lot of discrimination. I would not recommend that anyone enroll their child into this school. CCHS can get you ready for Tech school,but it does not prepare you for college at all. The counselors care nothing about your child or his/her issues. Also,if you are a senior and getting ready for college, I advise you do not seek help from the counselors. I have lost many scholarships thinking that I was getting help when I wasn't. This school will never succeed unless there is a new principal,new board members,and some new teachers.

School is lacking in many areas, teacher - student interaction is negative, rules are enforced on whim and not equally. Cell phones not allowed on students yet office staff instruct parents to text child instead of handling the procedure correctly. Messages not given to head authorities, not returned. Dress code violations are handed out on whim and adult moods, Accountability of student whereabouts is 0. Any emergency to arise will be difficult to manage as student whereabouts not monitored, example remaining in lunchroom, for next lunch periods. Drop out rate is unacceptable, to change this maybe environment should be more student friendly. Is there student council? Is student input welcomed- not that I've seen.

I currently attend crawford county as a freshman i am not whatsoever impressed by the academics or teachers and definitely not impressed or satisfied with the rules or people who enforce them after going to a private school for two years i have realized that the the environment here is not healthy for growing learning children. I have learned absolutely nothing this year or any of the years i have attended crawford county schools. And i am looking forward to getting out. There is a high amount of drug use and bad behavior. The teachers pick favorites. And i realize this happens at most school or really any where. But when it comes to discipline they need to get them all or get none and i feel like crawford cares more about discipline then they do about what us kids learn. I have more to say but im out of room.

I was a student at Crawford County and graduated back in 2004. I came across the site browsing around at work, and thought I would give a few comments. There were few good, qualified teachers, and from what I hear, there are still few. The better teachers are not paid what they deserve or are ran off because their teaching style is considered 'too tough'. I can recall a few teachers who really pushed their teachers were made too adjust their teaching style. The school does not prepare the student too well, being an honor graduate, I will still not prepared for my first year of college and my GPA suffered. The school does do a good job for preparing you for a Tech School education, but not a college education. The atmosphere was fun, and enjoyable. But for education after Elementary School, definitley consider a private school.

I think that CCHS is a great little country high school. The faculty is warm and caring and the kids have great hearts. This school does not have super high test scores or a lot of extra electives. It provides a basic college bound or votech bound education. Many of the families are low income and the schools get as much help from state funding as possible. However the education is there for the children if they and their parents are motivated about getting it. The school promotes the policy that education is a privilege and will not tolerate discipline issues. I like the old fashioned approach this county takes toward its kids.

I think CCHS is fine school. My grandchildren both graduated from this school and went to universities. They felt they were well prepared for college. The school has no racial problems like big city schools and the teachers treat the kids like their own. Roberta is a close knit community and they often involve the kids in activities like Relay for Life and charity projects. I am proud to be associated with this smalltown school.

CCHS is a horrible school to attend. A question that I have is why are they focused mainly on the dress code and not our education. My child is never going to any Crawford County school. Overall I give this school an F-.

Last modified Crawford County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.