No rating

Unity Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Rome

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $95,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $675.

Posted July 9, 2013

We have been at Unity for 6 years. My oldest child started in first grade and my youngest in the pre-k 3 class. We can't imagine school apart from Unity. My kids are in a challenging curriculum that is centered on God's word as truth. The school not only seeks to help students to grow spiritually but to defend their faith by learning the fundamentals of Christian doctorine and what others believe. Students are taught to think and analyze and not just to memorize. Unity graduates are well prepared for college both academically and spiritually.

Posted April 15, 2011

Unity is an excellent school with committed faculty and administration who will stop at nothing to help your child succeed. If they lack in anything, they are too gracious to students, and I don't think that's a bad thing. They give a second and third and fourth and fifth chance to students whom other schools would have kicked out. If a child wants to learn, and wants to be there, the teachers are there to help that child succeed. The academic rigor is far above public schools in Floyd County and Rome City, and the teachers expect more out of the students. The most impressive thing about Unity is that behind everything, they teach a Christian worldview. Christ is a part of everything they do at that school and everything is for HIs glory. They do not believe that God desires us to be healthy and wealthy all the time, although He distribute wealth to some. The administration hold the Biblical belief that God is good in all circumstances; in hunger, in want and in hard times. He ordains everything for our good and His glory. I love Unity and I think it is a great choice for Christian parents who want their children to be surrounded by the truth.

Posted April 6, 2011

While Unity is a wonderful christian environment that allows a child to grow spiritually it lacks in educational growth. After 4 years of working our butts off to raise money and try to help it be "excellent"...we are exhausted and tired. The school will never be more than it is no matter what the administration tells you. If you do want more than vacation bible school, they talk about you and make you feel less spiritual for not settling on being poor. For some reason their philosophy lies in the misconception that to be a real christian you have to settle for less than mediocre and anything above that makes you "of the world". Well.....they've lost our three kids at the end of this year. I still love the Lord and am still going to heaven. I hate that so much potential for a school to be excellent is so tainted by pias beliefs. If Unity wants to truly impact this community....they will focus on building the educational foundation. They will want to strive for opportunities to give their students all the while teaching them to love their creator. That way people will WANT to be there and want to STAY there.

Posted March 9, 2011

we have had a child at unity lower campus for 2 years, and have become quite involved. looking forward to my younger ones going there in the next few years. a private, christian education is a sacrifice to pay for no matter how much money you make, but I believe in the eternal dividends, and the world view my child is receiving. I dont know a parent who sends their child there who doesnt think it is worth every penny when you see your child's faith grow. The staff and teachers arent there for the money, you can certainly make more money in the public education sector, they are there because they want to be, and their cause is a higher one than just the 3 Rs.

Posted March 5, 2011

I am a volunteer who has 34 years teaching experience in the public schools in four states. I am impressed with the blending of Christian principles and academics. The teachers and administrators demonstrate the spirit of Christ.

Posted January 4, 2011

So far, we have really enjoyed our daughter being at Unity. This is her second year. She is in Pre-K 4 and went for the 3 year old Pre-K. The teachers have all been wonderful and willing to adapt to and communicate with us about her needs. We hope to be able to keep her there throughout her school years. The school does solicit donations sometimes and I was currently able, I would be willing to give as much extra as possible for the experience we have had. They solicit donations because they don't get the money a public school has available.

Posted August 7, 2010

unity is just about the worst school i have ever seen or heard of. their promises of "academic excellence" is complete BS!!! the teachers are outright rude to my children, one of which has a very painful, degenerative disease, and the teachers have made many comments to his face implying that he is faking. the staff is unprofessional, and they try to cram their own personal philosophies down the students throats. the administrative staff is no help either, and when you go to them with a problem, all you get is empty promises, and nothing is ever done. even though they are a private school, they seem to have a major problem with anyone that has more money than they do, and are constantly soliciting for "donations". they seem to especially have a problem with people that have nice things, and expect us to provide our children with second rate things_in_exchange_for_donations_to_the_school.

Posted February 15, 2010

I have 2 children at Unity; We have been at UCS for 3 years and we all absolutely love it. My children actually ask during summer break and other holidays 'When do we get to go back to school?' How often do you hear that as a parent? We took our children out of another private school in Rome to switch them to UCS and have never regretted the decision for a second. We definitely made the right choice!

Posted January 14, 2009

I am a student at Unity Christian School and i absolutely love it here. My daily surroundings and encounters are positive, uplifting, and Chrisian based. Every school has it down falls and though it doesnt offer all the extra activities that most schools obtai: the character shaping and growth at Unity are incredible. i thank God that he allowed my family to be able to send me here. I consider Unity my second family after standing by me and helping my family out when life threw us a curve ball. I give Unity 5 stars and a truly mean it.

Posted November 25, 2008

Our children have been attending Unity for 5 years and it just gets better every year.

Posted April 6, 2008

This school... is the best school! I have two kids that attends there- I refuse to switch them to another school... they have very high level in school and the people there are--- exetremely friendly and they care about your kids. they do!! They wants the best for your children. My daughter is very hyper and.. intelligent...small class is perfect for her.. my son-- is also intelligenct-- he is doing sooo well in pre school---- I love it!! I love it when they wear uniforms, I do wish the teachers and staff would do the same-- Mrs Mabry- is awesome!!!! Like I said, we got a really great staffs there..... I love the lower campus staffs, expicially the pre school- I loveeeeeeee it

Posted April 3, 2008

The teachers are awesome and so loving. The academics are great. The kids are accepting and loving towards eachother. We are so glad we switched to Unity.

Posted March 5, 2008

Great school and has provided my children with excellence in academics as well as spiritual training.

Posted January 25, 2008

I love unity! its the best school in the world and has alot to offer...i have moved so much closer to the Lord since my time at unity. i have been there since it started waaay back in '98 and i still dont wanna switch schools...the teachers make you feel wanted and loved and they take time to talk to us not only academically but personally...

Posted January 25, 2008

I am a very satisfied UCS parent. The instruction is excellent, the class sizes small. The teacher's care about the students as well as the parents.

Posted January 25, 2008

This school rocks! It is amazing! I have had life changing experieces here sat unity! I hope that you will come and see for yourself! I promise you won't be disappointed!

Posted January 15, 2008

If you want the best for your child...Unity Christian School is the place! Unity's comprehensive curriculum challenges all children (regardless of ability) in each of the academic disciplines. I can say this with full certainty, because I am not only a parent but a teacher there as well. And, because I earned my teaching degrees from Berry College (Rome), I feel that I have the 'inside scoop' on many of the area's public and private schools. Based on my experiences in each of these schools, I can say confidently that Unity Christian School is the best place for my children...without a doubt!

Posted October 30, 2007

We are new to Unity this year, so my information is based on a few months of school. We are very pleased with the curriculum and Christian atmosphere at Unity. This is an investment that I do not mind paying for!!!

Posted August 20, 2007

If you have a child of average or slightly above average academic abilities, then I highly reccomend UCS. My child is seriuosly lacking academically because Unity focuses more on children struggling to maintain status quo than exceding it. We have repeatedly requested more assistance for our child. She is bored out of her mind! In return, we get empty, unfulfilled prmises. I believe that Unity is a wonderful environment but my husband and I can no longer spend [the money] 2 children when 1 of them is getting next to nothing out of it academically. Our investment does not equal our return. Very sad because we love the Christ-centered education. If someone of influence is reading this, please help before we don't re-enroll in Spring of 2008!

Posted August 20, 2007

While the school is not bad, it doesn't measure up to the other private schools or better public schools in Rome. The students must wear uniforms while the teachers are permitted to dress unprofessionally. With religion being required to be worked into every lesson even when totally unnecessary and unrelated, it makes for a forced and weak academic curriculum. If you're looking for a Christian school, this is it. If you're looking for academics, there are better alternatives.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• ACSI
  • SBACS
Fax number
  • (706) 292-0772

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious