Roswell, GA
Students enrolled: 1,065

Posted July 18, 2011
Today is 7/18/11 and every morning my son asks me when am I going back to school? We love Mimosa and the great teaching staff. The kids there are friendly and they enjoy the school also. Even the Cafeteria staff knows you child by name. We miss this school and can't wait until the first day back 8/15/11.

Mimosa Elementary School 3

Posted November 03, 2010
It's true that Mimosa isn't really diverse because of it's majority population of hispanic/latino students (vs. a blended population) However, I think the school itself and the administration (Love the principal) and the teachers are very good. As one of the few active PTA members, I would like to see more parent involvement and perhaps a Spanish class for those of us parents who only speak English to help bridge the communication barrier with some of the other parents. But my children (in K and 1st) are doing very well here and I really like their teachers. After parent teacher conferences, I have confidence that my children are getting a good education.

Mimosa Elementary School 0

Posted November 09, 2009
I love this school,it has done miracles in my daughter live we are going to miss this school and teachers next year

Posted August 06, 2009
My daughter suffers from ADHD, and this school with it's excellent teachers did wonders for her. I canno't explain in enought depth how pleased I am with Mimosa Elementary.

Posted May 27, 2009
I would like to say how pleased I was with Mimosa for my daughter's 4th grade. After private school and homeschooling, I was unprepared for what would come. I was impressed with the teachers and the overall spirit of the school. I was sold on the sending my daughter there after the international festival. It was amazing and was where I saw how cohesive the school is. To think they celebrated 40 years. That is great.

Mimosa Elementary School 0

Posted January 23, 2008
I have a child who is attending for first time at this school in kindergarten. I am not at all pleased with this school. It looks old and the lunch room is very small. When I eat lunch with my child we have to sit in a seperate section away from her class, which I find weird. I think it would help if parent could say high and help thier child talk to thier classmates at lunch. They also to not teach Janpanese anymore which was a selling point to me. They should start atleast teaching spanish becuase of the huge population of students there. When you go to functions you need to know how to communicate with other parents.

Posted November 25, 2007

Posted December 10, 2004
Before we moved here my son was in private school. I was worried about the teacher/ student ratio in a public school and how it would effect my son's education. My child would have been at Mimosa a year in January and he loves it. The teachers are caring. They are willing to go the extra mile. All the teachers that I have encountered want to keep the parents informed about their childs education. I am very impressed and that is saying alot.

Posted September 29, 2004
My child has orthopedic impairments and has been attending Mimosa for 5 years. As a School Social Worker in another county I feel that I can adequately assess the quality of a school. My child has received excellent care, has specialized services (O.T., P.T., Adapted P.E., Sp. Ed. for Math), and the staff has always been warm, welcmoming and professional. There are many ethnic groups at Mimosa, and having children from different cultures and children with and without disabilites have enriched the environment. After having interacted with the school for many years and comparing it to schools in other counties offering orthopedic services I can state, firmly, that I wouldn't send my child to any elementary school except Mimosa.

Posted September 29, 2004
I have three children that I am proud to say attend Mimosa Elementary School. My family and I are from South Carolina and I was a little afraid to have my kids to settle in a new school as well as a new enviroment. Mimosa Elementary teachers and staff have made my life the past year wonderful. My kids are very excited about learning and sharing what they have learned in class. The staff is also very friendly and is at all times willing to help me with situations that I may encounter. I would recommend anyone to allow their children to have the honor of attending Mimosda Elemtantary School. It's not just a school, its a big family of people who love their students and really care about their education. Thanks Mimosa.

Mimosa Elementary School
1550 Warsaw Rd, Roswell, GA  30076
Last modified Mimosa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mimosa Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top