Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My son attended from Kindergarten thru 5th grade. He had an IEP and had communication skills. The Principal, Speech Therapists, and Classroom teachers were all dedicated to my sons success, he is a thriving young man doing well today.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have the highest quality teachers in North Fulton County! Very much thought is put into the hiring of each teacher- their qualifications, ability to work with others and ability to be understood and respected by the children are requirements of each teacher and it is well-known the process isn't simple.

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel the county and the state requires too much of the students, however, the school does everything it can to comply and assist the students in getting the education and support they need.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The highest expectations on the development of these students is required from each student or they are taken aside and made understood the reasoning behind wanting these qualities in each student.

The dedication of the administrative staff, particularly the principal, Ritu Ahuja, to the success of the teachers and children is immense. I'm impressed daily with the willingness to hear new ideas to make the environment, policy and procedure updates and new technical initiatives happen. This is a very well-rounded school with amazing teachers and an amazing, diverse group of students with the highest level of academic achievement at the forefront of all agendas.

Northwood elementary is simply wonderful. It's my daughters third year in this school and her teachers are phenomenal. We had one great teacher after another so far. They truly care about the students and communicate with parents, are attentive to issues and are proactive in addressing challenges. My daughter LOVES going here. It's a great community and I can't speak highly enough about the teachers and the culture of this school.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I cannot speak any more highly of this great school. The teachers go above and beyond on a daily basis and with one child graduated and two still at the school I continue to be impressed. The 5th grade teachers in particular do an outstanding job or preparing the children for the expectations of middle school. The academics are rigorous and the arts and after school activities varied and enriching. This year the school received a score of 96.5% on the state CCRPI index - the best rating of any elementary school in the county.

Principal, teacher and staff are always ready to help. They greet you with smile and are ready to resolve any issue.

Northwood is an amazing school that challenges learners at ALL levels. They have a dedicated staff who cares about all of the students and works to provide tons of opportunities for each student to thrive. Our family loves this school.

We specifically chose to relocate into this area because we'd heard such wonderful things about Northwood. Now, two years after making the move, we continue to be delighted with our decision. We honestly feel like part of a big extended family at Northwood, there is always a welcome smile and greeting as you enter the school. I guess one of the main reasons I feel this way is because I make a conscious decision to be involved as much as I can - reaching out to teachers and other staff as much as possible. I am fortunate enough to be able to have the time to be involved and it's paying dividends for everyone - myself, the children and the school. Our teachers go above and beyond on every occasion. This was recently demonstrated during the crazy winter weather and even now we have a dedicated crew who are providing additional learning opportunities for our students. I understand that the demands on our students and teachers nowadays are huge but I know that my children are getting the best education available in a loving and nurturing environment.

Last modified Northwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.