River Eves Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 823 students

Posted September 9, 2008

I have a first-grader at River Eves and we could not be happier! I also have a teenage step daughter who has attended private school all her life and I am really so impressed with what River Eves has to offer. The new principal is outstanding and a great leader. He is very involved in the PTA and looking to stay on the leading-edge of education and making this great environment for our kids. Kindergarten was a dream and we had the very best teachers! We are excited about 1st grade. Thumbs up, all the way around!

Posted September 9, 2008

Overall, I think River Eves is an excellent school. My kids have received a wonderful education so far and would rather be no where else. My kids have always loved their teachers and had a good relationship with them. I'm glad my kids are at a school that has a great open door policy; there's always something going on where I can get involved and be a part of my kids' life while they're at school.

Posted September 3, 2008

We love River Eves. It has really worked well for both of my children. My 3rd grader has been moved to an accelerated reading class and loves the challenge. My first grader is excited about the money he is earning as part of his consumer and producer unit. Both my children have Activ Boards in their classes and I understand the school is getting three more this year. They are wonderful teaching tools. We are happy with the way administration operates and love the open door policy.

Posted September 3, 2008

My daughter started Kidnergarten a few weeks ago and we are so very pleased with River Eves. The Principal, the Front Desk, the teachers are all wonderful. We LOVE this school and most importantly our daughter LOVES this school. The 1st two weeks you are asked to not visit so the kids can get used to the new routines. Which we thought was understandable. Sometimes when parents are there it can make it harder on the kids. After the two weeks was up they had an Orientation night where we got to meet with the teachers, learn more about them, how the kids were doing so far and what the plans were for the year. We are very impressed with the curriculum. There has been tons of encouragement to be involved with the school. Very good PTA

Posted August 29, 2008

Our experience with RE has been mixed. With the new principle we had high hopes...to be disappointed. The administration discourages parents for being in involved. Does not want to communicate with parents, it appears to be a pain- unless they want money. Teachers are rarely observed, which is an important factor in maintaining a supportive, consistant, and knowledgable environment. Teachers are often confused about the curriculum and have trouble discussing how parents can support the children at home. They spend all of the time teaching to the CRCT, in fact after the test I could have pulled my children out for the rest of the year and missed nothing. New principle is making swepting changes, without communicating them in a timely and appropriate fashion. The front office staff can be extremely rude. Save your money for private or move to another district!

Posted June 2, 2008

My son has been in this school for three years now and he has had an excellent experience. RE is a very supportive and encourging place for learning. The new principal has been fantastic so far.

Posted April 10, 2008

I am very pleased with River Eves. The front office staff could use a little work, but most of the teachers are wonderful! My only complaint is the carpool line - it's just so slow in the mornings and afternoons. The people they have out there just stand around and chat, it's crazy. My child is very happy, he is smart too, and they have recogonized that, so I'm thrilled. Our new principal seems to be very nice, we'll see how things go in the years to come.

Posted November 18, 2007

We are almost half way through our oldest child's Kindergarten year and love River Eves. Her teachers are excellent, the new principal is open to ideas from parents and teachers, and she has made many new friends. It is a great learning environment. I am looking forward to the rest of the year.

Posted November 12, 2007

We've had at least one child at River Eves for the past 8 years, and couldn't be happier. Our new principal is very accessible to parents, the teachers are first-rate, and the PTA goes above and beyond to help produce a superior learning environment. We're thrilled with the education that our kids are receiving.

Posted October 5, 2007

My family relocated here during the summer. After research we chose River Eves because of location and its mission of community and parental involvement. I have a daughter in Kindergarten and will forever have a high expectation for teacher quality. We could not be happier with our experience here. She is happy, enriched and busy. I could not possibly fit in all the opportunities to particpate, volunteer and be involved in her classroom and the school at large. I look forward to having a new principal who appears to be here because of what River Eves is already about. The campus is lovely, no portable classrooms and ample outdoor space.

Posted September 13, 2007

I had high hopes for RE when my child entered a few years ago, but my expectations were disappointed. Children are regarded as a nuisance and the environment is anything but welcoming and warm. On the first day of school the principal was snapping at parents. Dealings with the principal and asst. principal gave me the feeling that neither even likes children.

Posted September 4, 2007

We just started this year, and we love Rivers Eve, it's a wonderful school! My kids are very happy, and the teachers they have are great. We will definitely stay through 5th grade!!

Posted August 31, 2007

We moved to this area because I thought Rivers Eve was suppose to be a good school. It's only been a few weeks, and we're not too happy. The staff just doesn't seem to care, and the Principal is retiring and no one knows who the new Principal is going to be. Kids need a lot of love and I don't feel they offer it here. I doubt I will keep my kids there next year.

Posted August 1, 2007

Horribly disappointed! Upon transferring my child to RE from out of state, they recommended my child attend an extended day program in Math and Reading, despite her grades from the previous school she attended. The idea of parent involvement at RE is limited to bake sales, clothing drives, and cleaning up after sock hops; PTA meetings held in the early mornings, when working parents are, well, working. Parents are not allowed to observe classes - ever. If your child is creative or used to nurturing evirons, please send them elsewhere.

Posted October 4, 2006

My child has attended River Eves for 3 years. We were intially happy with the lower grades, but recently we have found teachers are teaching for the CRCT, and there is little creativity. My child is bored in most classes and the administration are not supportive of individualized education. This school focuses too much on discipline rather than encouraging children to explore. Unfortunately, I feel this school has taken away some of my child's love for learning.

Posted June 11, 2006

Unless your child fits 'in the box' this school is not for you!These are children- they need respect, nuturing, behavioral modification,not disipline. Council, and understanding- not remarks to make them feel worse! The teachers could do well- if not for the jaded administration.

Posted September 7, 2005

This school is very poor at helping parents with children with learning disabilities feel welcome, the teachers are not helpful neither are the counselors, I wish they had a program that addresses 'the issues' the students instead of just pushing them in the corner to be forgotten.

Posted October 21, 2004

This school is racially divided. The teaching staff is not diverse. The PTA holds it's monthly meetings at 9:30 in the morning to exclude & discourage working parents from attending. The focus is not on helping minority kids excel but rather keep them behind. The office staff is not friendly, helpful nor kind to visitors. Overall the school is very poor.

Posted May 31, 2004

Both my sons attended River Eves for a total of 8 years. We were happy with the teachers we had, the school is well run and safe. Parental involvement is excellent.

Posted February 23, 2004

This is my daughter's first year and I am very impressed with the quality of the school. The teachers are very involved with the students and there are several activities so that parents can get involved. The quality of work they do is impressive. I am very happy with this school.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

113 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

113 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

116 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

114 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

138 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

132 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

132 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

108 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

• Neil Pinnock
Fax number
  • (770) 552-4557

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Sports

Performing arts
  • Dance
  • Drama
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9000 Eves Rd