Bad
Good

I had two kids in this school. The staff and PTA just great.. as teacher, like all other schools, always have some good and bad teachers, but, luckily, we have really good experience with most of the teachers, my two kids both has been in school since kindergarten, the older one joined in school as non-English speaker at beginning. now, he has been elected as student council president. The school also have very strong PTAs, very helpful in many areas. School just win STEM certification as the first school in Fulton county. Really can't say enough good thing about this school. There have so many activities which other elementary school not provide, like AR, IXL, study island, mobymax.. talent shows, end of year award ceremony..etc.. too many to list... If you are parents who care, and would involve, this school is the right to you. As parent, we are so proud and happy with this school.

Excellent school with good parent involvement and dedicated teachers and staff. Twin 3rd graders there and we've been very pleased since kindergarten.

We have been very happy at River Eves, and find the parent involvement wonderful. Increased technology every year is helping our kids keep up with the times and we love it there.

River Eves is a great school. Parent involvement is incredible. There is a very strong PTA and Foundation. Both have supplied many opportunities for the students - science lab, technology in every classroom, ipad carts, etc. My child has been able to excel. The teachers have allowed him to progress at an accelerated pace. If he understood and mastered a subject, they would allow him and the other students a chance to work on other advanced topics rather than sit and listen and continue to review an area he already understood.

There are some great teachers here, but they are not the norm. If your child is smart but doesn't test into the gifted program, most teachers don't know how to let your child go ahead. They will reprimand your child for trying to keep busy by getting ahead with that homework while bored in class. If you even suggest that your child is bored, they will get offended. My child was given extra homework as a punishment for finishing his homework for that night before class was over. That showed me an insecure teacher more than one who could see that my child needed more advanced work.

We have had a great experience at River Eves. Really appreciate the commitment the teachers have to the kids. Looking forward to this year.

Amazing school. I always felt welcome whenever I wanted to come by class or have lunch or breakfast. Sabrina Donnell is the best Kindergarten teacher You could imagine. The only draw back of the entire school is the rude blonde front desk lady. I recommend to all parents!!!

First year my child attended at REES, the whole year was a bad experience, from the bus pickup, (rude driver,) to the end of school when a teacher put her hands on my child! Not cool! A child needs love, respect and the disipline comes from the parents.

The teachers at this school are awesome. However, the Administration and the PTA go hand in hand. If you can't be a huge contribution to them then you are pushed out. If you live in an apartment expect your child to be labeled. The worst of all though is the fact that the principal is more willing to listen to a PTA member than his own staff which in return makes the students who are middle and lower class less heard.

As a parent of 2 children attending REES I cannot put into words how impressed I am with this school. We have had such a great experience and I'm thrilled to see the leadership from the top down. I have been most impressed with the leadership and the quick removal of average or sub-par teachers. It's great to see a school hold its teachers to the same standards as we the parents do. I'm also impressed with the school involvement in technology and their strong focus of becoming a S.T.E.M school. That is fantastic news for all of our children! I am also amazed at the level of involvement of the parents both in PTA and REEF. The amount of time volunteered and money raised by both of these organizations is jaw dropping! The children in the REES community are so incredibly benefitted by the outstanding commitment to excellence of the REES parents, teachers and staff. I've now been a part of REES for 3 years and have 2 children that are growing and thriving due to this wonderful school. Come see what this school has to offer and, even more, get involved!!

Last modified River Eves Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.