River Eves Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2014
There are some great teachers here, but they are not the norm. If your child is smart but doesn't test into the gifted program, most teachers don't know how to let your child go ahead. They will reprimand your child for trying to keep busy by getting ahead with that homework while bored in class. If you even suggest that your child is bored, they will get offended. My child was given extra homework as a punishment for finishing his homework for that night before class was over. That showed me an insecure teacher more than one who could see that my child needed more advanced work.

Posted August 07, 2014
We have had a great experience at River Eves. Really appreciate the commitment the teachers have to the kids. Looking forward to this year.

Posted August 07, 2014
Amazing school. I always felt welcome whenever I wanted to come by class or have lunch or breakfast. Sabrina Donnell is the best Kindergarten teacher You could imagine. The only draw back of the entire school is the rude blonde front desk lady. I recommend to all parents!!!

River Eves Elementary School 2

Posted June 17, 2014
First year my child attended at REES, the whole year was a bad experience, from the bus pickup, (rude driver,) to the end of school when a teacher put her hands on my child! Not cool! A child needs love, respect and the disipline comes from the parents.

River Eves Elementary School 3

Posted April 02, 2014
The teachers at this school are awesome. However, the Administration and the PTA go hand in hand. If you can't be a huge contribution to them then you are pushed out. If you live in an apartment expect your child to be labeled. The worst of all though is the fact that the principal is more willing to listen to a PTA member than his own staff which in return makes the students who are middle and lower class less heard.

Posted March 31, 2014
As a parent of 2 children attending REES I cannot put into words how impressed I am with this school. We have had such a great experience and I'm thrilled to see the leadership from the top down. I have been most impressed with the leadership and the quick removal of average or sub-par teachers. It's great to see a school hold its teachers to the same standards as we the parents do. I'm also impressed with the school involvement in technology and their strong focus of becoming a S.T.E.M school. That is fantastic news for all of our children! I am also amazed at the level of involvement of the parents both in PTA and REEF. The amount of time volunteered and money raised by both of these organizations is jaw dropping! The children in the REES community are so incredibly benefitted by the outstanding commitment to excellence of the REES parents, teachers and staff. I've now been a part of REES for 3 years and have 2 children that are growing and thriving due to this wonderful school. Come see what this school has to offer and, even more, get involved!!

Posted March 29, 2014
Wonderful school. Teachers are very engaging with the students as well as the Principal. There is a tremendous amount of Parent involvement at the School. REES offers a variety of after school curricular activities for students who want to develop beyond the normal School day. Both my children attend and are doing quite well as a result of the dedication and teaching methods employed by the teachers and faculty at REES.

Posted March 25, 2014
We have been at River Eves for the last 5 years and have been thoroughly pleased. The teachers are amazing and the PTA involvement is exceptional!

Posted March 10, 2014
great school. i have 3 in the system and it's been great for my kids. families are supportive and involved and my kids have enjoyed being there.

Posted March 10, 2014
I have a 5th grader and a 3rd grader at River Eves. We moved to River Eves from a private school environment and have been so pleased that we have not considered going back. Some of the things we love about River Eves: loving teachers who provide loads of feedback to parents; fabulous parents who give of their time and talents to PTA and Foundation; overnight field trips to Tybee Island, Rock Eagle and the Ga Aquarium; a full time technology coach funded by the Foundation; iPads for every teacher and Active Boards for every classroom; fun and creative media center staff and Reading Bowl team; school gardens; Science Lab with full time science teacher; Eagle Fliers running team...the list goes on! We are feeling very well prepared for middle school, and that is the best compliment of all!

River Eves Elementary School
9000 Eves Rd, Roswell, GA  30076
Last modified River Eves Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Eves Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews.