Bad
Good

Posted December 15, 2015
I have an 8th grader there currently, and another child who has been out of CMS for 2 years. The Principal who was here for my older daughter's time there was motivating, driven, and visionary. That's the good news. Unfortunately, he swept molestation and bomb threats under the carpet. Then, he was arrested in 2 counties for DUI. The current Principal is distant and uninvolved. The majority of the teachers have been very good, and up to this year I was very pleased with them. My 8th grader has two teachers this year who don't maintain websites, and at the halfpoint in the year, still don't know her name. TAG kids (as usual) are adored and glorified. Only TAG kids are considered for Yearbook Committee, even though they encourage all kids to apply. Have a pretty average student? Sorry, they are just casting extras there. As of this posting, the 8th graders have just found out today when their midterms are, and they are all only 2-3 days away. My older daughter fared pretty well here academically, but not well socially. My younger daughter is pretty happy socially, but academically this school had lost it's luster. I'm counting down the next 5 months until we are done there.

Posted November 21, 2015
I am currently an 8th grader at this school, and at first it seemed amazing. It is a great school, but some of the teachers need improvement. Some teachers tease students and others are flat out rude. The teachers and administrators don't respect us and don't inform us on what is happening in the school. I get teased by the students for dumb things. I love the teachers and I have a lot of close friends in the school, just some people are rude. The administrators call our grade "the worst grade we've ever had" so teachers won't give us a chance and have a bad attitude towards us. The only reason they call us that is because of one class, so they shouldn't judge all of us because of it.

Posted April 18, 2015
I can attest to what another parent has commented on regarding Dr. Morrissey's coldness. My impression, which is shared by more than a few parents as well as teachers/staff members, is that she is indifferent. It's as though CMS is nothing more than a stepping stone for her and that she's there to do her time and move on as quickly as she can. The teachers I know feel unappreciated and defeated. Several parents I know are concerned that her cold, critical and dismissive demeanor is chipping away at teacher morale which will, in turn, affect the students. My son mentioned to me that he's only seen her 6 times this year...once on the morning news and twice in the cafeteria and 3 times during fire drills. One of his friends commented to me that he couldn't remember what she even looked like. Lots of room for improvement, for sure.

Crabapple Middle School 4

Posted March 27, 2015
Academically it has met all expectations. CMS also have an outstanding performing arts program. The band, orchestra, chorus, and drama teachers do a wonderful job. My only complaint would be that principal, Dr. Morrissey she is as cold as ice. She does not do a good job encouraging the students and uplifting them. Maybe she should teach at a college level where the students can care less about their feelings. Middle schoolers can still benefit from someone taking the time to notice them

Posted January 03, 2015
I am currently a 7th Grade student at Crabapple Middle School. I personally adore the staff, teachers, and administration here at CMS. Each educator is committed to make me and my peers a well structured education. With enhanced security and trustworthy resource officers, I feel 100% safe at my school. Great kids go to my school, they are well disciplined and bullying and drugs are never a problem. Technology is being enhanced everyday as some classes have central iPad carts and Macs are slowly replacing the old Windows XP machines. I'd recommend this school to any student destined for a successful future, as I like making new friends!

Posted June 03, 2014
I am a former CMS 6th grade student and my opinion is that this school Is very horrible!!!! Starting with the teachers. I got 5 points off my agenda because there was one page that I did not see on my homework. And also there was a misplacement with my test. ( In other words they lost it) and my parents kept asking to keep finding the test but they emailed my parents say that "they couldn't find it" so I had to re do it and it turned out I failed the test so I had to do extra credit recovery. And I asked the councilor if it was my fault she said she didn't know!!!!!! I have gotten 4 detentions from this school for no reason and because I had a bad experience with this school i now moving. The teachers are unorganized and give out homework even on the last WEEK of school and they say that year book signing and all the fun activities are a "privilege" to do this!!!! My family does not like this school at all and nor do I!!!!!!

Posted February 24, 2014
My son went to CMS last year his experience was terrible. From teachers not well prepare to administrators that careless about them. The grades for the test and projects were never updated in the website only when the report card was coming. The teachers have 0= none communication with the parents no matter how many times you try. Talented students were never motivated etc. I will not recommend this school at all,

Posted November 19, 2013
Great school with great leadership and staff. My child loves this school and they have great Talented & Gifted courses.

Posted December 28, 2012
im a student here at cms and is the best school the teachers are really nice and for all the drama they treat it right away the principal is the best i love this school a lot

Posted February 06, 2012
Half the school year has passed by and I still struggle with communication with this school. The PTA is very unorganized and not very helpful getting started as a new student. The staff is sometimes clueless about new rules. The rules also don't always make since to a parent. The rule book is not even handed out till about the 3rd day of school. Had they gave us the info that is in their agenda before school we would have been 100% more prepared. The block scheduling and have a subject every other day is confusing to my kid and the high school the feed into does not have this type scheduling so I fear 9th grade will be an awful adjustment again. Teachers are starting to put up websites for their class but sometimes they are not kept up when you need them most. I do have to say the teachers try to be there for the kids before and after school. Some teachers take discipline to the extreme. Some use their commonsense.

Crabapple Middle School
10700 Crabapple Rd, Roswell, GA  30075
Last modified Crabapple Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crabapple Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top