Posted June 03, 2014
I am a former CMS 6th grade student and my opinion is that this school Is very horrible!!!! Starting with the teachers. I got 5 points off my agenda because there was one page that I did not see on my homework. And also there was a misplacement with my test. ( In other words they lost it) and my parents kept asking to keep finding the test but they emailed my parents say that "they couldn't find it" so I had to re do it and it turned out I failed the test so I had to do extra credit recovery. And I asked the councilor if it was my fault she said she didn't know!!!!!! I have gotten 4 detentions from this school for no reason and because I had a bad experience with this school i now moving. The teachers are unorganized and give out homework even on the last WEEK of school and they say that year book signing and all the fun activities are a "privilege" to do this!!!! My family does not like this school at all and nor do I!!!!!!

Posted February 24, 2014
My son went to CMS last year his experience was terrible. From teachers not well prepare to administrators that careless about them. The grades for the test and projects were never updated in the website only when the report card was coming. The teachers have 0= none communication with the parents no matter how many times you try. Talented students were never motivated etc. I will not recommend this school at all,

Posted November 19, 2013
Great school with great leadership and staff. My child loves this school and they have great Talented & Gifted courses.

Posted December 28, 2012
im a student here at cms and is the best school the teachers are really nice and for all the drama they treat it right away the principal is the best i love this school a lot

Posted February 06, 2012
Half the school year has passed by and I still struggle with communication with this school. The PTA is very unorganized and not very helpful getting started as a new student. The staff is sometimes clueless about new rules. The rules also don't always make since to a parent. The rule book is not even handed out till about the 3rd day of school. Had they gave us the info that is in their agenda before school we would have been 100% more prepared. The block scheduling and have a subject every other day is confusing to my kid and the high school the feed into does not have this type scheduling so I fear 9th grade will be an awful adjustment again. Teachers are starting to put up websites for their class but sometimes they are not kept up when you need them most. I do have to say the teachers try to be there for the kids before and after school. Some teachers take discipline to the extreme. Some use their commonsense.

Posted December 20, 2011
I am currently a student at Crabapple. My 3 years of being here have taught me a lot. The teachers are very generous, always offering help, and have fun activities planned for students. Today (December 20, 2011) we received news that Crabapple has been awarded the honor of being a Lighthouse school for the third time in a row, because of the excellent students, staff, and curriculum. Dr. Buhl, the principal, is always meeting trying to meet new students, and he does what he thinks is best for the school. Even if the students or staff don't always agree with what he decides. I would recommend this school to everyone who's child is going into middle school, or moving into Roswell.

Posted October 14, 2011
This is our first year in this school and my child is struggling with tons of homework nightly. Detentions are out of hand at this school. Students are given detention for misunderstanding homework assignments or misplacing a paper even on the first offense. This is devastating to a sixth grader who is not used to this type of discipline. I also don't agree with what happens during detention. If the child does not complete the homework they sit in detention writing down the code of conduct. what does the dress code, prohibited toy/electronics, gang relations have to do with incomplete homework? All this manages to accomplish is take away more time from the gobs of homework they have. Communication is not easy with many of the teachers. I hope this new principle turns things around in a big way. I can not really rate the principle at this time but the school as a whole as been very disappointing even if my child is a A/B student. My child begs to not go to this school. I have not seen much organization with much of the staff in any situation I have been involved in. They call this school the Lighthouse school to watch. I am not sure why.

Crabapple Middle School 1

Posted November 03, 2010
i attended cms last year. it was awful. I was not in the tag program and had a really tough time all three years. The Principal worshiped the talented and gifted(TAG) students while she targeted the average students just waiting for one to slip up. I also was going to attend the D.C. trip for eighth graders but i was not able to go because i got up from my lunch seat to get more food because i was hungry. As a result of this, i got ISS. My parents has already payed the money and were expecting a refund, but no the principal took my parents $400 dollars and used it to help for the trip. Even though my mom has asked many, many times before the trip for the money and when she was first informed about the trip it clearly stated there were refunds. Terrible school.

Posted October 07, 2009
The teachers at Crabapple seem incredibly dedicated to the students. My children enjoy going to school at Crabapple. It seems to be a very well run school and I highly recommend it.

Crabapple Middle School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
The teachers and staff are excellent. They do a great job handling a very challenging age (adolescents)!

Crabapple Middle School
10700 Crabapple Rd, Roswell, GA  30075
Last modified Crabapple Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crabapple Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top