Roswell High School

Public | 9-12

Posted July 12, 2014

Mr. Huff is an involved, concerned, administrator. He is happy, and healthy within his communications and conversations with his students, the parents and faculty. It is just a pleasure to share his space. The institutions he works in all have benefited from his being there.

Posted June 15, 2014

Both of my children attend Roswell High and have had very good experiences. Both have had several teachers who went far above their job requirements to help. Of course, not all teachers do that, and I must agree with other comments that something is amiss in the Language Arts department as far as grading and actually teaching the material graded...? Overall, however, teachers have been responsive and caring and all have stayed late or come in early to meet with my students when asked. Mr. Huff is without equal. He cares about our students and our school like no other principal I have met. I have listened to area middle school teachers talk about the interest he shows to THEIR classes. He wants our students to succeed. In my work I meet with people throughout North Fulton and parents inevitably discuss schools. All the parents I've heard discuss Roswell High are exceptionally happy with it.

Posted April 18, 2014

Great high school with amazing teachers, coaches, administration and parent and community involvement. Love the proposed architectural changes to update school and grounds. AP classes are more challenging than some of my grad level courses. My daughter was accepted into both UVA and Dartmouth. Could not be any happier with our RHS experience.

Posted January 14, 2014

Overall good school. Not happy with two things: 1) lack of student services input prior to Jr. year. 2) The Lit. department thinks a few rounds of F averages at the beginning of each school year is acceptable. Why do they test what they have not to taught? They even say each year on Curriculum Night that they predict a failing grade average! Our students are trying to get into college with these grades and Hope Scholarships. STOP! Good things: many great teachers and admin folks!

Posted November 14, 2013

Overall Roswell High is a well rounded school that can challenge students academically. The teachers are very supportive and have great qualifications. . I would like to see the curriculum expanded to included more AP Classes.

Posted August 9, 2013

Being a rising junior at Roswell High, I find it very frustrating when I cant attain important information through the school website, as it is seldom working properly and is not user friendly. I find that the school is very focused on sports, and I feel that some students are swept under the rug. The front desk isn't helpful. The staff appears overworked and short, not giving enough time to help you throughly find an answer to a question. There is no solid foundation to the schedules given to students because something is always being changed. Contacting and/or meeting your counselor is extremely hard. Student networking sites are common within classrooms, but students who don't have access to a smart phone are out of luck. However, dress code is well adhered to, and safety is very important. Though old and rundown, Roswell High does have some positives and is slowly becoming restored to good health. Students though, need quick and easy access to information regarding classes and assignments which I, as a student, have not seen yet. Needed improvements should be made. The staff tries as hard as they can but some things need to be focused on more so than others.

Posted July 30, 2013

Roswell HIgh used to be an excellent school preparing students for college with rigorous courses and challenging teachers. However, this has changed in the past couple of years academically. Their Math and Science departments lack trained and experienced teachers. Since Dr. Wynne left Roswell the Math Dept has shown no enthusiasm and has basically collapsed. My son took AP Calculus last year and his teacher was out most of the time. On-level Physics is taught by a coach..?? How are these students going to perform if their college peers (esp. at Tech.) come from STEM schools? Roswell High has an excellent English Dept; these English teachers are well-qualified and hard-working. I have a 8th grader and I am really concerned about his high school future..

Posted May 16, 2013

An alumni's perspective: 1. Roswell is a tough school. The workload is larger than 98% of the other schools in Georgia. Students here really work for their grades. 2. Roswell is not considered special in the eyes of colleges, no matter what they tell you. 3. Honors Points earned in the more difficult, "gifted" classes at Roswell are subtracted by colleges during the admissions process. (Call a college admissions office.) 4. In the eyes of a University Admissions office, your child's hard-earned 3.4 GPA at Roswell is not as good as a 3.6 at a school where kids don't crack a book for four years. 5. There will be about 600 kids in your child's graduating class. There are not enough counselors to go around. I had two 15 minute appointments with my high school counselor in four years. In summary: After four years at Roswell High School, your kid will be ready for college. However, he will most likely not have the GPA to get into his first choices for school. (But, he/she will have the highest SAT/ACT at the State University of West Georgia.)

Posted September 26, 2012

In response to the previous poster, most of the students who were redistricted to Milton actually chose to stay at Roswell High School rather than move to Milton. In fact, the ten day count at Roswell High School had over 250 more students than expected who chose to stay rather than move to Milton. I am sorry this person had a bad experience, but the roster numbers speak for themselves. I have five children, and four of them have attended Roswell. We have had a very positive experience with Roswell High School and the dedicated teachers and staff.

Posted September 12, 2012

My child was not thrilled with Roswell High School. He transferred this school year to another school in the area and said RHS is not a very good school. The teachers don't care about you and they will not help you. All they want to do is get there day over with and not teach the class and will not help you. He said it was like walking in a prison with no windows and the cheap school that it is had no air conditioning ever. The community thinks Roswell needs to build a new school and build a better learning place for the kids because that building is an embarrassment to our very well kept community. Parents that read this should send there kids to Milton, Cambridge, or a private school because this school just will not cut it anymore. Not to mention Huff is a very good principal but needs to figure something out with this school because it's going downhill. All the kids want to go to Milton now and leave Roswell. Milton is a very good school! I highly recommend it to the parents who don't want to send there kids to Roswell.

Posted September 12, 2012

As to the last post, were any concerns ever brought to the teachers or administration's attention? I have children that graduated and currently attend RHS. Most of the teachers do a very good job. Just as in the corporate world, there are a few that could probably be better. Whenever my children have needed extra help, their teachers have always made time for them before or after school. As for the building, no it is not new or fancy in relation to the High Schools they build now. That money has come from the county school board not the city of Roswell. Don't know what temperature your child likes but mine have often brought a sweater or sweatshirt with them because some classes are chilly. As for Mr. Huff, he is doing a good job. He wants the students to do their best and present themselves as young adults. He does not put up with too much B.S., unlike Dr. Spurka who seemed to like being popular. That is not in the job description. RHS is the real deal. Diverse, both racially and economically. The students at RHS have a great sense of community. We are all different but still part of one great family of Roswell. Good luck at your new school. I will continue to be proud of mine.

Posted June 28, 2012

I just graduated from Roswell in 2012 and I could not have asked for a better school to attend!! There is a great combination of amazing teachers and an awesome community feel from the student body! Roswell seems to succeed in almost every possible way (academics, athletics, and school spirit!) would definitely highly recommend it!!!

Posted January 24, 2012

I am currently a junior at Roswell High and these past three years have gone by really quickly, but they have been filled with great memories. The students here are very friendly, the atmosphere at games are amazing, and the teachers challenge you, but help guide you through if you need help. I feel really lucky to be at a school like this(:

Posted October 13, 2011

I graduated from Roswell High School in 2007. My overall experience there was nothing short of amazing. Of course RHS has its cliques like any other school; however, I never felt like anyone really bullied anyone else, and the social atmosphere was just amazing. The teachers put my college professors to shame; they really cared about their students and dedicated so much time to preparing us for success. And of course, there were the football games...back then we were a really great team, which brought the entire school together in an amazing way. I have grown up, finished college, and moved across the country, but I will never forget the amazing times at RHS. If you are lucky enough to go there, enjoy it! Those four years fly by!

Posted September 2, 2011

I love this school SO MUCH. i went here my first 2 years of high school and fell in love. this school is small so every one knows eachother and every one is really friendly. I am currently a Junior and i now have to attend Norcross high school): I would give my left leg, my first born- ANYTHING to go back. the school I'm in now is ghetto and the classes aren't challenging at all. It's depressing. I miss the classes here. they were actually challenging and helped form me into the hard-working over-achiever that i am today <3. i miss you Roswell High):

Posted June 28, 2011

As an alumni of RHS, I'm somewhat biased but I believe the school is among the top schools in GA (including numerous private schools in the area). Great honor/AP programs with teachers who take a deep interest in students success. I'd note that I took mostly AP courses so I can't comment on the general base curriculum but my friends thought it was thourough and prepared them for college. Furthermore, curriculum contains a wide range of courses with electives for students looking for a more libral arts education. Athletics programs among the best in Georgia (I played football and track) with a great sense of school spirit. Somewhat diverse student body but cohesive. Overall, great public school education.

Posted July 30, 2009

We moved to Roswell in April with only 5 weeks left in the school year. Chris St. Vrain in guidance worked tirelessly with us to get my son placed in the correct classes to finish his 9th grade year. He answered all my questions and all of my follow-up emails promptly and professionaly. I am so impressed with Roswell High School. It is a big school but the faculty and staff care about their students...and parents. I'm looking forward to a fantastic school year for my son at Roswell High School!

Posted July 14, 2009

We moved to Roswell in '76, and four of six of our children attended this high school. Some of our children went for higher education, but others today hold prestiguous positions with Fortune 500 companies. We are so proud of them for the studies they accomplished at Roswell High School!

Posted March 20, 2009

Roswell has very dedicated and impressive teachers and staff who care for their students. Moving here from California, I have not seen more teachers and staff who push their students to greatness through challenge and hard work.

Posted May 16, 2008

This school has excellent, dedicated teachers. They are very committed to student learning.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

467 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2011.

464 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 93% in 2011.

469 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 80% in 2011.

465 students were tested at this school in 2011.

2009

Scale: % at or above passing

In 2010-2011 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) in English language arts, math, science and social studies to students in grade 11. The GHSGT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass all parts of the GHSGT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 95% in 2013.

528 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Writing Test (GHSWT) to students in grade 11. The GHSWT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass the GHSWT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

487 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

587 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

512 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

453 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

334 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

536 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

314 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

582 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
School psychologist
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

• (770) 552-4509

Staff resources available to students
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • School psychologist
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options

• Band
  • Choir / Chorus
  • Orchestra
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

11595 King Rd