Roswell High School 4

Posted July 12, 2014
Mr. Huff is an involved, concerned, administrator. He is happy, and healthy within his communications and conversations with his students, the parents and faculty. It is just a pleasure to share his space. The institutions he works in all have benefited from his being there.

Posted June 15, 2014
Both of my children attend Roswell High and have had very good experiences. Both have had several teachers who went far above their job requirements to help. Of course, not all teachers do that, and I must agree with other comments that something is amiss in the Language Arts department as far as grading and actually teaching the material graded...? Overall, however, teachers have been responsive and caring and all have stayed late or come in early to meet with my students when asked. Mr. Huff is without equal. He cares about our students and our school like no other principal I have met. I have listened to area middle school teachers talk about the interest he shows to THEIR classes. He wants our students to succeed. In my work I meet with people throughout North Fulton and parents inevitably discuss schools. All the parents I've heard discuss Roswell High are exceptionally happy with it.

Posted April 18, 2014
Great high school with amazing teachers, coaches, administration and parent and community involvement. Love the proposed architectural changes to update school and grounds. AP classes are more challenging than some of my grad level courses. My daughter was accepted into both UVA and Dartmouth. Could not be any happier with our RHS experience.

Roswell High School 4

Posted January 14, 2014
Overall good school. Not happy with two things: 1) lack of student services input prior to Jr. year. 2) The Lit. department thinks a few rounds of F averages at the beginning of each school year is acceptable. Why do they test what they have not to taught? They even say each year on Curriculum Night that they predict a failing grade average! Our students are trying to get into college with these grades and Hope Scholarships. STOP! Good things: many great teachers and admin folks!

Posted November 14, 2013
Overall Roswell High is a well rounded school that can challenge students academically. The teachers are very supportive and have great qualifications. . I would like to see the curriculum expanded to included more AP Classes.

Roswell High School 2

Posted August 09, 2013
Being a rising junior at Roswell High, I find it very frustrating when I cant attain important information through the school website, as it is seldom working properly and is not user friendly. I find that the school is very focused on sports, and I feel that some students are swept under the rug. The front desk isn't helpful. The staff appears overworked and short, not giving enough time to help you throughly find an answer to a question. There is no solid foundation to the schedules given to students because something is always being changed. Contacting and/or meeting your counselor is extremely hard. Student networking sites are common within classrooms, but students who don't have access to a smart phone are out of luck. However, dress code is well adhered to, and safety is very important. Though old and rundown, Roswell High does have some positives and is slowly becoming restored to good health. Students though, need quick and easy access to information regarding classes and assignments which I, as a student, have not seen yet. Needed improvements should be made. The staff tries as hard as they can but some things need to be focused on more so than others.

Roswell High School 3

Posted July 30, 2013
Roswell HIgh used to be an excellent school preparing students for college with rigorous courses and challenging teachers. However, this has changed in the past couple of years academically. Their Math and Science departments lack trained and experienced teachers. Since Dr. Wynne left Roswell the Math Dept has shown no enthusiasm and has basically collapsed. My son took AP Calculus last year and his teacher was out most of the time. On-level Physics is taught by a coach..?? How are these students going to perform if their college peers (esp. at Tech.) come from STEM schools? Roswell High has an excellent English Dept; these English teachers are well-qualified and hard-working. I have a 8th grader and I am really concerned about his high school future..

Roswell High School 1

Posted May 16, 2013
An alumni's perspective: 1. Roswell is a tough school. The workload is larger than 98% of the other schools in Georgia. Students here really work for their grades. 2. Roswell is not considered special in the eyes of colleges, no matter what they tell you. 3. Honors Points earned in the more difficult, "gifted" classes at Roswell are subtracted by colleges during the admissions process. (Call a college admissions office.) 4. In the eyes of a University Admissions office, your child's hard-earned 3.4 GPA at Roswell is not as good as a 3.6 at a school where kids don't crack a book for four years. 5. There will be about 600 kids in your child's graduating class. There are not enough counselors to go around. I had two 15 minute appointments with my high school counselor in four years. In summary: After four years at Roswell High School, your kid will be ready for college. However, he will most likely not have the GPA to get into his first choices for school. (But, he/she will have the highest SAT/ACT at the State University of West Georgia.)

Posted September 26, 2012
In response to the previous poster, most of the students who were redistricted to Milton actually chose to stay at Roswell High School rather than move to Milton. In fact, the ten day count at Roswell High School had over 250 more students than expected who chose to stay rather than move to Milton. I am sorry this person had a bad experience, but the roster numbers speak for themselves. I have five children, and four of them have attended Roswell. We have had a very positive experience with Roswell High School and the dedicated teachers and staff.

Roswell High School 1

Posted September 12, 2012
My child was not thrilled with Roswell High School. He transferred this school year to another school in the area and said RHS is not a very good school. The teachers don't care about you and they will not help you. All they want to do is get there day over with and not teach the class and will not help you. He said it was like walking in a prison with no windows and the cheap school that it is had no air conditioning ever. The community thinks Roswell needs to build a new school and build a better learning place for the kids because that building is an embarrassment to our very well kept community. Parents that read this should send there kids to Milton, Cambridge, or a private school because this school just will not cut it anymore. Not to mention Huff is a very good principal but needs to figure something out with this school because it's going downhill. All the kids want to go to Milton now and leave Roswell. Milton is a very good school! I highly recommend it to the parents who don't want to send there kids to Roswell.

Roswell High School
11595 King Rd, Roswell, GA  30075
Last modified Roswell High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roswell High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top