Posted November 04, 2014
Attending HMS has been a wonderful experience for our daughter over the past 3 years, and we look forward to the next 6 years there. The school offers a safe, fun, cooperative, interactive learning environment that builds upon children's natural curiosity to develop a love of learning & involvement. The large campus offers ample opportunity for outdoor exploration & games and reinforces an appreciation of our environment and nature's beauty. As the saying goes, "It takes a community to raise a child", and there is a very strong sense of community among the parents, faculty and student body at HMS.

Posted November 03, 2014
HMS has been wonderful for our children. It is a safe, nurturing and accepting environment that allows children's natural curiosity to blossom into a love of learning. Children are challenged to take risks, speak out, self-advocate, work cooperatively and take on leadership roles - all skills that will serve them well in life. There is a very strong sense of community amongst the parents, faculty and student body which makes you feel like you are all on the journey together.

Posted October 27, 2014
My children attended and loved this school from preschool through 8th grade. They are independent, responsible, caring, critical thinkers. They were challenged and nurtured during their High Meadows experience and left High Meadows as self-advocates with a love for learning. Academic achievements after entering high school in honors and AP classes were met with ease. You have to visit; it s an amazing place!

Posted October 21, 2014
An environment focused on empowering students and enabling them to be life long learners. I have always been impressed by the correlation of real world experiences to those that my children are learning as early as Pre-School. The progressive education approach has moved my expectations from regurgitation of facts and figures to inquiry based discussions with my children. The whole child awareness has enabled support for our children through challenges and given them the self confidence and awareness to advocate for their beliefs and needs in all aspects of their life. When you add to the education the environmental awareness, respect for diversity, and communication skills that are incorporated into the curriculum, we can't find a better education. That said, coming from a traditional school environment, it is sometimes difficult to buy into the approach in the early years. The key to understanding the payoff is interaction with the middle years students. When you interact with those students, you know that you are making the right investments in your child's education.

Posted October 14, 2014
High Meadows has been an amazing environment for my child to grow and thrive. I couldn't ask for more a more caring and talented staff, and I am thrilled at how much my son is learning. He is learning reading and math, but he is also learning to care for his environment, to care for animals, to ride ponies, gardening, drama, music, and art. Even more important, he is learning how to learn and to love learning. Honestly, I can't imagine a better place for him.

Posted May 09, 2014
I would recommend this school to any parent whose primary educational goal is for their child to learn and enjoy learning. We have been there for 4 years starting in 2nd grade. My son LOVES school. I'm really struggling to think of things I DON'T like. I guess I wish they had more after school offerings? That's really it. It's incredible. If you want assigned desks, teacher-to-student teaching, grades and honor rolls, this school is NOT for you. But if you just want your child to love learning, give it a try!

Posted October 17, 2013
I cannot imagine an environment better suited to helping my children learn and grow as students AND as people. This is our eighth year at High Meadows, and every year we are more impressed than the last. It is inclusive, diverse, and both educationally and socially progressive. I'm grateful to be a part of this school community.

High Meadows School 4

Posted October 17, 2013
The academic experience and values of High Meadows are superior to any other school we considered. We are very pleased.

Posted October 17, 2013
High Meadows is what school should be! I really wish every kid could experience a High Meadows education. I cannot remotely understand the poster who said that HM wants your kid to be perfect and sit still... the kids are never sitting still. They're going on nature walks, riding ponies, swinging on the tire swing, swimming, running, paying - all while LEARNING. It's really an amazing place.

Posted October 17, 2013
Awesome place. Great setting in the woods with excellent teachers and learning. Very active learning taking place everyday.

High Meadows School