Posted March 13, 2014
If your child/teen is in an EAP in a public school and struggling, this is the place for you child/teen. If your child's/teen's grades have gone south and yet you know they can do the work, this is the place for your child/teen. If they are having trouble fitting in or no longer enjoy sports because they're considered - not good enough - this is the school for your child/teen. If they want confidence, to enjoy learning from their teachers, and to participate with other kids/teens in a small classroom structure - this is the school. In addition, the learn accountability - they might not always grasp it but the school has a big focus on this. They have reward trips and activities for those that fulfill their obligations. I can't say enough good things about The Cottage School. The middle-school & teen years are a challenge and The Cottage School is focused on this age group. They have a mix of female and male teachers - great for this age group. We receive a weekly status call from our kids' homeroom teacher not only updating how our kids are doing and upcoming events but answer any questions we might have. This school has been a life-changer for our family of teens!

Posted March 12, 2014
My son has been at TCS now for almost two years. We came from a public charter school where he was bullied consistently. He was so unhappy socially. And academically with the large size of the class and one teacher he was not getting anything he needed. He never knew what to expect day to day. He felt sad and alone. At TCS he has turned into a very different child. He is organized, responsible and is making great grades. Because of this he is happy and self confident. I could not be more happy with the turnaround we have seen in him. No school is without flaws but I am so thrilled with the close, caring environment he is in. He actually told me one day "mom, the teachers here actually like us!" To top it off the athletic dept is amazing. They have given my son the team experience he has never been able to experience.

Posted March 12, 2014
The approach draws the most out of my son. The opportunity to be involved in a variety of extra curricular activities, while also getting a specialized education is wonderful. School is not easy for my son, but they work with him to help him succeed.

Posted February 26, 2014
The Cottage School is exactly what our daughter needed! We are thrilled to have found such a loving, caring and supportive learning environment. We tried public school and another private school close by but they were not good fits for my daughter. She struggles with executive function issues, memory challenges, processing issues and social interactions. Just yesterday she informed me that she was excited to participate in class because 'the teachers see her'. She loves going to school now! That is huge! TCS teaches so much more than the curriculum - they teach lifelong lessons... such as cause/effect, budgeting, social interactions, conflict management/resolution, self advocating, and much more. I would highly recommend TCS - especially if your child seems to 'fall between the cracks' in other learning environments. Tuition is high but right in line with other private schools in the area. But we have found it worth every penny and are glad to reenroll for 2014-2015.

Posted January 08, 2014
The Cottage School has changed our son's life. The teachers and staff are the best around, and the sports program is top-notch. Worth every dollar spent.

Posted September 09, 2013
We are so delighted in our second year at The Cottage School. The teachers (are there long term) and really care about their students. Their revolutionary system (where they treat school like a job) empowers students to do their best and to work independently. My child is happy, learning and thriving in middle shool.

The Cottage School 3

Posted July 18, 2012
Staff very friendly, however tuition is unjustifiably expensive @ ($24,000/yr)....and lunch is extra! My biggest concern academically... that graduates from TCS can perform well at college level in their freshman year at a good 4 year institution. Most graduates go on to Reinhardt Univ., community college and the like, not too many upper tier state institutions. My feeling is that for severely challenged students this school could be a solution, albeit an expensive one!

The Cottage School 1

Posted July 11, 2012
I was sent here from public school in the 9th grade. My experiences here were nothing but a joke. Sometimes I look back and feel I learned little in my high school career. Half of the kids are 'special needs' and are spoon fed the A's, and the other half are behavioral problems and arent in an environment where they can succeed. The whole levels thing is a joke as well. Preparing a child for the real world does NOT mean teaching them that they can get whatever thay wan't with minimal effort because theyre 'special needs'.

Posted March 28, 2012
The Cottage School provided just what our daughter needed to get through the difficult middle and high school years. The teachers and staff were always willing to go above and beyond the basic requirements to get her the help she needed. Probably the most important thing they gave her was the ability to see herself as "normal" and the self-respect that went with that. Their structured approach seems to work very well with students needing special education. Even after graduation they have been a continuing help to her in finding a path to independence. Their sports program was an important part of the experience and it was very well-managed.

Posted February 28, 2012
The Cottage School represents a unique niche in education that heretofore was left sadly empty. Their dedication to each and every individual student is unmatched, and their staff is always willing to go above and beyond at every opportunity. If a student finds themselves struggling in their coursework, every teacher makes sure they find the time to help that student achieve success. The faculty often forsake their off-lunches and morning planning times to make sure students are accommodated. They give liberally of their own free time and ask nothing in return. There is no charge for any extra help. Each step in the TCS process builds on the last. No student is issued a diploma without a concrete post-secondary plan in place, monitored and approved by the administration and discussed extensively with the student and his/her parents. What each student chooses to do once they have left TCS with their diploma and post-secondary plan is out of the hands of the school at that point, but the Cottage School does everything it can within its doors to ensure that no student ever walks away without having had every possible opportunity to find their own flavor of success!

The Cottage School