K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

As others have reviewed here fellowship is extremely cliquish and has a very naive administration. The school is run by the cliquey parents as is the athletic department. If your child is not a part of the parents clique you are ostracized and treated as an outsider. Academically the school is two years behind their public school counterparts. Our children were at fellowship 7 years and we have taken them out to move on to public school. We chose fellowship because we wanted our children to experience a true Christian education and Christian environment. None of which exist at fellowship Christian school. 99% of the students are white, even the Spanish teacher is white. African American families who have come here have not stayed more than a few years then left. If you want to avoid bullying, cliques and narrow minded thinking do not your children to fellowship.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My child is up all night studying each night in 7th grade they do 11th grade work no free time for the students

No one is understanding there, there are bullies, punish your child if their best isn't good enough, they make your child feel dumb, are mean and rude teachers gossip and talk bad about students and parents even if they are nice, children make out in the stairwell, they are inconsiderate, inappropriate, and the students they cuss, gossip, make out, bully each other, physically beat each other out, or have mental problems I seriously do not recommend this school. GOD BLESS YOU

i was a student at fellowship for a really long time. i loved my elementary years there, but not so much my middle school years. my grade was very cliquish and certain students made fun of others. so many people including me were called mean names and put down by others. by the time i got to high school, i had enough of it. the administration did nothing about it, so i decided to leave.

My child has been at this school for a few years. I would admit that she had a tough first year in the elementary building. I am not exactly sure why, but she didn't seem to really "fit" into their mold. Fast forward and her years in middle school have been some of the best in her school career. She is flourishing and has made friends and looks forward to going to school. I know every child is different and not every environment is right for every single child. However, the curriculum here is rigorous enough to be challenging, yet fair. The Bible teachers have been true believers with both godly character AND bible knowledge.

FCS strikes a unique balance between educational and spiritual growth. The proof is in the high number of kids with exceptional SAT and ACT scores along with acceptance to colleges with tough entrance requirements. Things at FCS have been great and they are getting even better!

Fellowship Christian School This school is on the way to being what it once was, but it has a long way to go! Parents run the board and parents are teachers. If you have a child that is "out of the box" in any way, the teachers will target that child. The new headmaster is working on this, but it will take a long time to undo the damage that was there from previous hiring mistakes. In 4 or 5 years this school will hopefully be back to its former great curriculum and staff, but I would not recommend sending your child here at this time.

Our kids have been at fellowship for 1 1/2 years both coming from another public elementary school in the area. Both of my kids are thriving! They both feel loved by the teachers, are learning more than in the public schools, have had to make friends, which is not always easy but they have, and they both are learning more about God, his plan, and how to treat people than they were. Now when my husband explain respect or how to treat others my kids understand and respond differently because all day the teachers teach the same message. We are thrilled!

Definitely cliqueish atmosphere. The admin was very snooty about our daughter being a little shy. She is a straight a student! We are going elsewhere. We had two teachers here and I was not at all happy with either one. We have been to other private schools in another state and everything was run better and much cleaner.

We have been at FCS since 1999. We have had one to graduate and our last child is a senior. Is the school perfect? NO, but I haven t found a place that is yet. What Fellowship offers is a quality education with great teachers who know their field of study, who love what they do, and who encourage your child to be and do more than they ever thought possible. My family has seen many changes over the years and most were wonderful and they opened up many new doors for our students. As with anything else there are always things that can be improved. FCS makes a concerted effort to correct things that don't work while improving the things that do work. What more could a parent want than an academically challenging environment, caring talented teachers who know and love God and a place where you child can excel.

Last modified Fellowship Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12