Bad
Good

My oldest has been there 5 years, and my youngest 3 years. The level of personal, and personalized education is outstanding. I never dreamed to find this level of support, outreach, and so many teachers with a passion for teaching in a public school. The administration fosters a strong sense of satisfaction among teachers, that attracts and keep some of the best. There is a strong sense of community not only among staff but among parents and students, as well. The best I could hope for for my children!

My 2nd grader has been attending since kindergarten. We are so impressed with how welcoming and encouraging the entire faculty & staff are. I volunteer a lot and get to see first hand how positive everyone is. My child enjoys each day that she goes to school, and is eager and excited to learn. I am amazed how quick my child was reading. She went from sight words to chapter books in 2 grades. I highly recommend Hembree Springs Elem. The PTA is super and there is a great level of participation by the parents.

I don't think a review of a traffic guard, which has nothing to do with a school's performance, should warrant a 1 star rating on great schools! (Call transportation if you have an issue with a traffic guard.) I think she does a good job with the amount of cars she has coming through within a 15 minute window. The school is fabulous! Great teachers and staff, very involved and supportive PTA and students excelling at an award winning Title 1 school!

My issue is actually with the traffic crossing guard that works out front in the morning on Hembree Road. She seems to always be having a hard time keeping things under control and her "signals" do not really help any of us on the road, because she just waves her arms around and most mornings she does not have a reflective baton, so, with the mornings being quite dark we cannot see what she is is trying to do, or which way she is trying to direct therefore causing confusion and traffic jams. There have been several mornings I have witnessed cars come withing feet of hitting her,or other cars, because we can not see her, and she has nothing reflective on or in her hand. I am not sure her background, but she looks like she could really use some pointers or a "helper" out there. Most days she has traffic backed up for miles in all directions and this does not help late students or commuters.

Hembree Springs welcomed me as a first year teacher with lots of professional development opportunities and classroom involvement from all of the administration. Parent participation is highly valued, and we love finding ways to bridge the parent-educator gap to ensure that we are educating the whole child. It is one of the best schools in which I have worked, and I know that the new administration team will new a great job continuing the legacy that Kali Raju helped create and lead. I am honored to have worked here!

I just moved from the area and I wish there was a school just as great as Hembree Springs where I live now. I've said it before and I still believe it now that this school/staff have a great learning plan that is being used. My son has always been challenged academically Teachers and staff are wonderful and communicate well. Absolutely a great school to be a part of.

This is the second year my son attends this school, and I am very proud with the involvement of the teachers and parents, and leadership of the principal. My son is being well challenged. The small groups help each kids learn at his own rhythm, so they get the attention they need. The teachers go beyond to make sure all the students are benefiting to the max, each at its own level and stance. It is a great school environment to be in!

I love this school! My daughter is 5 yrs old and is in the autism kindergarten class. It has been such a blessing to have here at such a great school and with the most amazing teachers. She is making great progress! The school is well run, beautiful and everyone is very involved. Definite 10 out of 10!!!

Hembree Springs received the top score in Fulton County, 100.3 on the new Georgia educational evaluation mechanism, the CCRPI (College and Career Readiness Index). This placed them 13th in the state. They were recognized as a Georgia School of Excellence for 2012 school year (an honor you can only receive every 5 years). An amazing school!

Hembree Springs Elementary is an awesome school. This is my son's first year in North Fulton county, and his transition has been amazing. He has an amazing first grade teacher! He is learning so much. Ms. Warner, you rock!

Last modified Hembree Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.