Roswell, GA

Posted July 24, 2014
Hembree Springs welcomed me as a first year teacher with lots of professional development opportunities and classroom involvement from all of the administration. Parent participation is highly valued, and we love finding ways to bridge the parent-educator gap to ensure that we are educating the whole child. It is one of the best schools in which I have worked, and I know that the new administration team will new a great job continuing the legacy that Kali Raju helped create and lead. I am honored to have worked here!

Posted March 08, 2014
I just moved from the area and I wish there was a school just as great as Hembree Springs where I live now. I've said it before and I still believe it now that this school/staff have a great learning plan that is being used. My son has always been challenged academically Teachers and staff are wonderful and communicate well. Absolutely a great school to be a part of.

Posted February 02, 2014
This is the second year my son attends this school, and I am very proud with the involvement of the teachers and parents, and leadership of the principal. My son is being well challenged. The small groups help each kids learn at his own rhythm, so they get the attention they need. The teachers go beyond to make sure all the students are benefiting to the max, each at its own level and stance. It is a great school environment to be in!

Posted December 14, 2013
I love this school! My daughter is 5 yrs old and is in the autism kindergarten class. It has been such a blessing to have here at such a great school and with the most amazing teachers. She is making great progress! The school is well run, beautiful and everyone is very involved. Definite 10 out of 10!!!

Posted November 26, 2013
Hembree Springs received the top score in Fulton County, 100.3 on the new Georgia educational evaluation mechanism, the CCRPI (College and Career Readiness Index). This placed them 13th in the state. They were recognized as a Georgia School of Excellence for 2012 school year (an honor you can only receive every 5 years). An amazing school!

Posted October 24, 2013
Hembree Springs Elementary is an awesome school. This is my son's first year in North Fulton county, and his transition has been amazing. He has an amazing first grade teacher! He is learning so much. Ms. Warner, you rock!

Posted October 21, 2013
Much has been said about the GA School of Excellence Award - it's the best. The PTA also won an award - Outstanding Local Unit for North Fulton, besting many other schools in the region. Any given day there is an army of parents helping and supporting the wonderful staff there.

Posted August 22, 2013
Hembree Springs was just rated as the highest performing elementary school in North Fulton by the State DOE on the CCRPI Scale - college and career readiness performance indicator. A big part of what this scale means is "differentiated" learning - does the school reach EVERY child and not just the gifted, or the low-performing, or whatever niche your child finds him or herself in. As a very active parent in the school, I have seen all sorts of pull-out programs...Early Intervention, ESOL, Special Ed, TAG (Talented and Gifted) - and then when you consider every child has a choice of whether to be placed in on-level, Advanced, or Accelerated Math and Language...there are about 8 different options per class for each child. I think this helps "max out" the learning that takes place - meaning children are challenged at the highest possible level without overwhelming them. And all of this challenging is done in the most supportive way possible with caring, passionate teachers. The one other difference I want to highlight is the introduction of computer keyboarding at all grade levels. Children leave elementary school typing and knowing how to use Powerpoint and Word at a high lvl.

Posted August 09, 2013
My daughter is entering her fourth year at Hembree Springs and she LOVES it. I am happy that the staff communicates information about my child, school activities, and special information on a regular basis. I give it two thumbs up. Oh and principal Raju is awesome!

Posted June 22, 2013
This school is the top rated elementary in the district according to 2013 Georgia CCRPI ratings, and has extremely high achievement even with a significant at-risk population. The principal is the key to its success--she hires only the best staff who use only the best strategies. The expectations for all students are high and parent involvement is exceptional, even with a parent population consisting of about half who are not native English speakers. Students from more than 40 countries. A wonderfully diverse school that values all children.

Hembree Springs Elementary School
815 Hembree Rd, Roswell, GA  30076
Last modified Hembree Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hembree Springs Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top