Roswell, GA

Posted March 10, 2015
I don't think a review of a traffic guard, which has nothing to do with a school's performance, should warrant a 1 star rating on great schools! (Call transportation if you have an issue with a traffic guard.) I think she does a good job with the amount of cars she has coming through within a 15 minute window. The school is fabulous! Great teachers and staff, very involved and supportive PTA and students excelling at an award winning Title 1 school!

Hembree Springs Elementary School 1

Posted March 09, 2015
My issue is actually with the traffic crossing guard that works out front in the morning on Hembree Road. She seems to always be having a hard time keeping things under control and her "signals" do not really help any of us on the road, because she just waves her arms around and most mornings she does not have a reflective baton, so, with the mornings being quite dark we cannot see what she is is trying to do, or which way she is trying to direct therefore causing confusion and traffic jams. There have been several mornings I have witnessed cars come withing feet of hitting her,or other cars, because we can not see her, and she has nothing reflective on or in her hand. I am not sure her background, but she looks like she could really use some pointers or a "helper" out there. Most days she has traffic backed up for miles in all directions and this does not help late students or commuters.

Posted July 24, 2014
Hembree Springs welcomed me as a first year teacher with lots of professional development opportunities and classroom involvement from all of the administration. Parent participation is highly valued, and we love finding ways to bridge the parent-educator gap to ensure that we are educating the whole child. It is one of the best schools in which I have worked, and I know that the new administration team will new a great job continuing the legacy that Kali Raju helped create and lead. I am honored to have worked here!
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 08, 2014
I just moved from the area and I wish there was a school just as great as Hembree Springs where I live now. I've said it before and I still believe it now that this school/staff have a great learning plan that is being used. My son has always been challenged academically Teachers and staff are wonderful and communicate well. Absolutely a great school to be a part of.

Posted February 02, 2014
This is the second year my son attends this school, and I am very proud with the involvement of the teachers and parents, and leadership of the principal. My son is being well challenged. The small groups help each kids learn at his own rhythm, so they get the attention they need. The teachers go beyond to make sure all the students are benefiting to the max, each at its own level and stance. It is a great school environment to be in!

Posted December 14, 2013
I love this school! My daughter is 5 yrs old and is in the autism kindergarten class. It has been such a blessing to have here at such a great school and with the most amazing teachers. She is making great progress! The school is well run, beautiful and everyone is very involved. Definite 10 out of 10!!!

Posted November 26, 2013
Hembree Springs received the top score in Fulton County, 100.3 on the new Georgia educational evaluation mechanism, the CCRPI (College and Career Readiness Index). This placed them 13th in the state. They were recognized as a Georgia School of Excellence for 2012 school year (an honor you can only receive every 5 years). An amazing school!

Posted October 24, 2013
Hembree Springs Elementary is an awesome school. This is my son's first year in North Fulton county, and his transition has been amazing. He has an amazing first grade teacher! He is learning so much. Ms. Warner, you rock!

Posted October 21, 2013
Much has been said about the GA School of Excellence Award - it's the best. The PTA also won an award - Outstanding Local Unit for North Fulton, besting many other schools in the region. Any given day there is an army of parents helping and supporting the wonderful staff there.

Posted August 22, 2013
Hembree Springs was just rated as the highest performing elementary school in North Fulton by the State DOE on the CCRPI Scale - college and career readiness performance indicator. A big part of what this scale means is "differentiated" learning - does the school reach EVERY child and not just the gifted, or the low-performing, or whatever niche your child finds him or herself in. As a very active parent in the school, I have seen all sorts of pull-out programs...Early Intervention, ESOL, Special Ed, TAG (Talented and Gifted) - and then when you consider every child has a choice of whether to be placed in on-level, Advanced, or Accelerated Math and Language...there are about 8 different options per class for each child. I think this helps "max out" the learning that takes place - meaning children are challenged at the highest possible level without overwhelming them. And all of this challenging is done in the most supportive way possible with caring, passionate teachers. The one other difference I want to highlight is the introduction of computer keyboarding at all grade levels. Children leave elementary school typing and knowing how to use Powerpoint and Word at a high lvl.

Hembree Springs Elementary School
815 Hembree Rd, Roswell, GA  30076
Last modified Hembree Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hembree Springs Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top