Roswell, GA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 14, 2014
I love this school! My son has special needs but is very high functioning, and he didn't fit in anywhere! When we found Porter Academy, he finally found the perfect setting to learn and build his confidence. The teachers are wonderful and foster a loving environment. The staff has provided fantastic facilities for the children and the students have a terrific physical education coach, a computer lab, physical therapy equipment, and a specially designed special needs gym with the best equipment. If you are looking for a school that can allow your child to learn at his or her own pace in a small, personal, social school setting, then this is the place for you!

Posted April 11, 2014
My son is extremely bright, and high-functioning autistic. He has flourished in Porter's therapy-immersion environment, in just about every way. When we brought him there, we were so worried about his future, but the staff there is so amazing. And they even work very hard with the parents to get you the funding you need to pay for your child's education there. I cannot recommend Porter highly enough. I only wish it were located closer to our family.

Posted April 09, 2014
The staff at Porter really know how to connect with each student and help them with individual struggles. This school is academically challenging and has high expectations for behavior, within such a loving environment that the students are excited to work hard and do the right thing. It is the perfect place for my child who has high anxiety and low self esteem.

Posted April 09, 2014
We love Porter Academy! This is the first year my children get up and are ready for school by themselves...every day! They are doing so well in the small class environment, the hands on assistance and they feel like they belong. The teachers and the staff are great, they listen and take action to whatever my concerns might be are right away. They are never too busy to meet or talk with me and they truly care about our kids. My children are learning, maturing and are more independent. Thanks to everyone at Porter for their understanding of our children and for finding a way to teach them the way that they need to learn.

Posted April 09, 2014
The Porter Academy has been great for my daughter. She is about to complete her first year, and we are looking forward to see what next year will bring.

Posted April 09, 2014
Our daughter has attended Porter for the last two years. Though we liked our local elementary school, class sizes continued to grow and she just wasn't getting the one-on-one attention she needs to grow and develop. At Porter they have small class sizes, which allow the teacher to focus on the children's individual needs. Our teacher is outstanding and it's quite clear this isn't just a job; she's very vested in the outcome and development of our child. We like the access to various therapy's (OT, PT, Speech, etc) and music program, and feel the teachers in these areas are very good as well. It's a bit of a drive for us, but seeing our daughter do well and enjoy school is worth it.

Posted April 09, 2014
I cannot say enough about what a blessing Porter has been to my son and our family. I watch my son completely shut down in a typical public school environment. Even with a small class size, the overall environment was so hard for him, as well as teachers who tried but didn't understand his sensory processing disorder. Within a few weeks at Porter, we already were seeing progress. Social skills improved, teachers worked with him on areas of improvement, academics were fun and challenged him, and the overall environment down to the soft lighting made him feel comfortable and at ease. The people at Porter become your family! They care about your child and your family! They are truly amazing, and we are forever grateful for the impact they are making in our son's life! He is getting a foundation for success at Porter Academy!

Posted April 09, 2014
Porter Academy is amazing! We are so thankful for the individual attention my son gets for his learning challenges(ADHD, dyslexia, ...). He had regressed significantly in public schools where he would cry and refuse to go to school every morning. We were at a loss until my son attended a camp at Porter where I saw him look so incredibly happy to learn. I knew we had to send him to school there. Now, he loves to read, loves to learn, loves to do his homework, and go to school. The staff and teachers do such a great job working with us to ensure my son reaches his potential. Everything is done with consideration of how each child learns. We are very thankful for all they do making it well worth the tuition. After each day of school, he will talk and talk about what he learned and how awesome his day was. I just love it!!

Posted October 21, 2013
Fabulous school! We have finally found the right fit for our child with Asperger's/ADHD. Honestly, this school has been the biggest blessing to our child and our family overall. After two public placements that didn't pan out; and two private placements that didn't work either; Porter Academy is the perfect fit! The academics are just rigorous enough while the teachers and administration ensure that each child's "IEP" is individualized and taught in a manner that is in keeping with what works for their unique learning style. My child, who really could not be taught in a traditional learning environment, with a 1 to 1 Parapro, is thriving. I was concerned that it would not be rigorous enough but I was incorrect - I really couldn't be more pleased. And if you are concerned about anything - the staff is willing to listen and incorporate your suggestions and feedback. There is really nothing negative that I could say about Porter Academy and the tuition is actually extremely affordable compared to numerous others in the Atlanta area. Well worth it! Try it and see for yourself. Call and let them know CA's Mom in the Upper School referred you - and you can call me for a referral.

Posted August 27, 2013
Great school with knowledgeable, compassionate staff that believe in the students. My son has sensory issues and most schools in the area were not interested in "dealing" with him. At Porter my son is loved and valued.

The Porter School